Weather Up is your window into current weather conditions. See layers of weather info right on the map, with forecast data available at a glance. The list lets you quickly check the weather in all your favorite locations.
All the weather info you need:
• Event Forecasts let you keep tabs on the weather for upcoming calendar events
• Hourly and 10-day forecast
• Weather map with radar, clouds, and lots more
• Beautiful, easy to understand icons for all weather conditions
• Notification Center widgets to quickly check the weather
Weather Up doesn’t overload you with info or waste space. It shows you everything you want to know and gets out of the way, so you will be prepared, whatever the weather.
Designed to be simple, powerful, and beautiful:
• See current conditions in all saved locations at once
• Switch locations in two taps
• Share the forecast and map easily
• Choose icon styles that make the app your own
Information about Weather Up Pro subscriptions:
- Monthly and Yearly subscriptions are available.
- Payment will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase.
- Your subscription will automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current subscription period.
- Your account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current subscription period. Automatic renewals will cost the same price you were originally charged for the subscription.
- You can manage your subscriptions and turn off auto-renewal by going to your Account Settings on the App Store after purchase.
We’ve added two fun new weather icon sets. The “8-bit” set is a lighthearted riff on early Nintendo games and other early 90s digital nostalgia. The “16-bit” set looks at weather through the lens of later games like Castlevania, and imagines severe weather as characters in a video game. We hope you enjoy these icons as much as we enjoyed creating them!
- New iMessage sticker app including weather icons from some of our favorite sets
- All weather icons are now free for all users
- The Event Forecasts feature is now free for all users
- For those who prefer one-time purchases over subscriptions, you can now pay once to unlock everything in the app
- Fixed a crash triggered when Event Forecasts were enabled
- Fixed an issue preventing location names from being truncated properly
- Additional bug fixes and enhancements
If you like Weather Up, please take a moment to leave a review, it really helps! Send your feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org or visit http://help.contrast.co for help.
Ratings and Reviews
Great app, just not for me.
I am a weather app junkie. My folder of weather apps on my phone is overflowing. My favorite is hello weather which I happily subscribe too for $4.99. But hello doesn’t have feels like temps in the hourly forecast. I still subscribed minus a feels like in futures hours. Weather up shows that data which so why I was so excited when I stumbled on this app. I do a lot outside so it’s critical I can see the “feels like” temp 3 hours or so from now. At first I was ready to subscribe to weather up until it was time to get the dogs outside at 9p. Weather up said the feels like temp was 16. So I bundled up ready to brave the cold. Much to my surprise it wasn't cold at all. I opened another weather app and the swing was a wild 20 degrees higher. As much as I cringe at the $9.99 annual fee (rather high for a minimalist weather app) this app needs to have other weather providers to choose from (like hello weather). If they do I’d be inclined to subscribe. Though $5.00 is more where I see this app but I’m an old
Man that still doesn’t get the whole subscribe stuff. Great app to add to my weather collection but I wait patiently for an update that brings more providers since the current app provider (whoever that might be?)does not work in my neck of the woods. :-(
This may replace my 3 weather apps
I have 3 weather apps I use regularly. This one has the radar I use, the 10 day forecast I like, and hourly forecasts that helps keep me up to date. Also you can see storms coming. I love the map perspective (whole country and then zoom) and the ability to customize it (satellite or map and opacity of rain layer etc).
I'll just have to see how accurate it is compared to what I'm currently using (update later).
The pro version without adds, link is now working unlike earlier reviews.
UPDATE: I've used the app since day 1 at the end of August.
The forecasts and radar have been very accurate- I've compared it to the other apps I've used and the actual weather after seeing the earlier forecast.
I also really liked using the Hurricane tracking layer (pro version) it was clear and easy to follow and lined up with what I saw when I turned on the news. I have friends in Florida and was able to share hurricane tracking screen shots with them that they appreciated.
This app now has a spot on my home screen and will be used daily. I'm also looking forward to updates and improvements from the developer.
I would like:
1. wind speeds listed in the forecasts.
2. the forecasts overlay (bottom) and the forecast bubble over each city to disappear from map when I tap the map (like google maps).
3. to be able to chose my weather data source.
4. weather alerts.
Sparse, infrequent updates
Update II: Very nice update with support for ‘events’. This version is very performant with buttery silk scrolling and animations on my new XS Max. I highly recommend giving Weather Up a look, and I look forward to seeing it improve in the coming months.
Still hoping they decide to invest in a more accurate source for weather data. I’ve never heard of the one they use (which has now been removed from the Contrast website).
Update: I decided to subscribe for a few months to see how well the app is supported and to get a chance to experience the app sans ads. I’ve never heard of the weather source that Weather Atlas uses. In my experience, it’s not even close to accurate. I’m not sure why they didn’t invest in a more premium provider such as Dark Sky. WA very seldom receives updates, and this dev shop has a history of dropping support for apps, after a short period of time.
On my iPhone X, the ads really clutter up the UI and make it impossible to fully evaluate this app objectively. They are such an eyesore.
Hello Weather and Carrot Weather are both far better apps that also receive regular updates and feature upgrades.
Update: When this app was initially released, I was reticent to download it bc I remember this same dev shop abandoning a previous weather app only 12-18 months after release. My skepticism was well founded, as it took 4 months for them to respond to my feedback. Furthermore, this app hasn’t been updated in over 7 months.
Developer Response ,
Sorry for the confusion about the Events feature. The app will use the location data that's saved in the calendar and load the forecast for that specific location. You just need to make sure that each event has location data associated with it. Sometimes if an address is entered using another calendar app the location is saved as text, not as location data. To check whether it's location data or just text, open an event in the iOS calendar app and check to see if there's a map at the bottom of the event. If there's not, tap the Edit button, tap into the location field, then search for the proper location for the event.
As with any weather data source, our provider is great in some areas, worse in other areas. Because of that, the ultimate solution is to offer multiple data sources so each user can select the one that's most accurate in their area. And that's exactly what we're working on for 2019 (along with lots of other great features).
Hope this update earned the app an additional couple stars? 😉 And we'd love to know what else it would take to make it a 5-star app for you. If you'd like to chat more or have additional feedback please get in touch: email@example.com
- Contrast Apps LLC
- 119.7 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Contrast
- In-App Purchases
- Weather Up Pro $9.99
- Weather Up Pro $1.99
- Weather Up Pro - Legacy $9.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.