LOCAL WEATHER FOR AMERICANS
WillyWeather is a feature-rich weather app that includes NOAA radar and satellite, detailed wind, rain, tide, swell and UV forecasts, as well as moon phases, and sunrise and sunset times.
Going beyond the average weather service, we process and fine-tune forecast data to the specific coordinates of over 175,000 locations throughout the US including all towns, cities, beaches, rivers, parks, lakes and islands.
• WEATHER - Six day NOAA weather forecasts tailored to each location including min/max temperatures, and detailed weather descriptions.
• RADAR - Raw NOAA radar data, refined, processed and integrated with iOS maps.
• SATELLITE - National satellite view, displaying cloud cover for the entire US, integrated with iOS maps.
• TIDES - The most comprehensive tide times system in the USA, bringing together NOAA standard port data with offsets generated for specific locations by WillyWeather. Includes every beach in the US, and many river systems and inlets.
• WIND -The most accurate global wind forecast model gathered from NOAA, interpolated to the exact coordinates for each location and vetted against real-time wind observations to deliver the best performing information.
• UV - Hourly UV index forecasts, including alerts outlining extreme conditions when there is risk of harm from unprotected sun exposure.
• MOON PHASES - Full moon and new moon phases, illumination and rise and set times. Deeply integrated with tidal data.
• RAINFALL - Intuitive visual indication of rainfall probability for the week ahead.
• SWELL - Swell height, period and direction for each beach and surf spot in the USA.
• SUNRISE SUNSET - Sunrise and sunset times with first light and last light.
• REAL TIME observational data - with trends for all locations including current temperature, feels-like temperature, rain today, rain last hour, humidity, pressure, wind speed, wind direction, wind gusts and dew point.
• NOAA WARNINGS - Easily accessible and specifically targeted to the locations affected.
• Interactive rainfall radar, using iOS maps: pan and zoom like you've always wanted through the national NOAA radar network, to see exactly where rain is falling around you, or your favorite locations. Our mapping features provide more control, and more detail than any other US weather resource.
• Stunning, interactive tide, swell, and wind forecast graphs which allow you to easily interpret the conditions at your favorite surf beach, secret fishing spot or upcoming hike - in real-time, and up to seven days in the future. We're particularly proud of our graphs, we pushed the boundaries to provide you with more context, and more detail for each weather type.
• A beautiful, simple and organized interface in which the weather data that is important to you is easy to find, consume and interact with. Our goal was to present accurate and relevant weather information to you, as quickly, and easily as possible.
- improves: overall performance by weeding out a few more memory leaks
Ratings and Reviews
All the information
Willy Weather here in Queensland works just fine. All the weather data I need is in it. Radar is available and works well. Tides are given in interactive graphic format and the details of height and time are all there. The interface is functional and easy to use once you learn your way around it. It’s my go-to app for detailed information at the start of the day. Their weather widget is filled with information and can even substitute for opening the app itself if you’re in a hurry. Weather data seems to come from the nearest airport rather than a local station (unlike Weather Underground’s), but that as far as I can see is the only drawback.
This app has all the info I look for. For example, tides, visibility, UV index etc. are easily found, unlike other apps I’ve tried. I love the fact that I can edit the toolbar section to my preferences. However, current location... 2 towns away in Massachusetts... is wrong. The airport in my New Hampshire city is closer to me than the one listed as ‘my location’. My city’s weather info comes from our airport, so you do have reporting from here. This makes me believe wherever I may be will also be off. Trivial as this may seem, it bothers me. When I try to turn current location off (following) it won’t let me. I would definitely purchase the full version if these issues were corrected. Here’s hoping that’ll happen otherwise I’ll continue my search for the perfect app.
Information is extensive, organized and accessible. Graphing is my favorite feature. Truly an impressive collection of user capability and data provident. My one request is to allow more than four remembered data types on the graph accessible from the top bar. Also, to remember order of data feeds when redisplaying graph. You provide the ability to order them for color selection, but revert to some default order upon recall.
- WillyWeather (AU) Pty Ltd
- 65 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 WillyWeather
- In-App Purchases
- Ad Removal $3.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.