Get your local forecast on your phone or iPad with The Weather Channel and prepare for each day with reports and maps.
Find all the weather information you need to plan daily life with confidence. The Weather Channel provides accurate weather forecast reports that can help you plan up to 15 days in advance - wherever you are!
The Weather Channel: Top 3 Features
1. Plan your day up to two weeks in advance with hourly & daily forecasts.
2. Get your current conditions at a glance with weather data that’s relevant where you are.
3. Stay safe with severe storm alerts and safety tips from the National Weather Service.
Plan outdoor activities with confidence.
• Planning an adventure? Check the forecast so you don’t get caught in the rain.
• Want to catch that romantic sunset or a enjoy a crisp walk in the park? Get detailed information on sunset times, cold and flu reports and much more.
• Run smart with GoRun! Find the best possible running conditions and plan your perfect route.
Keep informed on the latest weather news.
• Stay safe during extreme weather events. From flash floods to storms, we’ll send you live alerts and expert safety advice, so you’ll always be prepared.
• Concerned about allergies? Get high-risk allergy alerts and medical advice to help you beat them!
Easily access all of the weather information you need.
• Quickly find all the weather data you care about in one place: your smart home screen!
• Get precise weather updates, severe weather alerts and more of your favorite features right from your Apple Watch.
• Remove all ads from your weather app for a year with a $3.99 single payment in-app purchase.
Privacy & Feedback
• If you have any questions or suggestions about our weather service, please do not hesitate to get in touch at email@example.com.
The Weather Channel’s fully reimagined and beautifully designed app has been carefully crafted with you in mind. We are actively reading your feedback and constantly working to improve your app experience to help you see weather like never before. Here are some of the enhancements that you will see in our latest update:
• Home screen updates: We updated the daily graph on the home screen to make it easier for you to see your 5 day forecast at a glance.
• Readability improvements: We’ve also increased the font size to make it easier to see your daily forecast. We are actively working on improving the readability of our app, so stay tuned for more improvements in the next couple of updates.
• Your daily weather snapshot: Introducing daily personalized weather stories. A new visual way to see everything you need to know about your daily forecast.
• Siri Shortcuts: Siri can now help you check your forecast with nothing but the sound of your voice. Checking your forecast has never been easier!
• New navigation bar: Get faster access to detailed weather information. Prefer the old navigation? You can still swipe down for more content.
• Optimized for iOS 12
Be a force of nature. Update The Weather Channel app now.
Ratings and Reviews
Focus on the weather
Stop focusing on all the videos, and adds, and the weather 15 days away, most of the time the information is inaccurate that day.
My phone comes with a free app, that is accurate and no ads, but I watch the weather channel at home and thought I'd give their app a try, I don't care for the ads everywhere, I don't like the videos that are click bait and normally have nothing to do with the weather, I don't like anything that distracts me from the reason I opened the app, which is getting my local weather, now I've done a little research, and the people that have built the weather channel app are following a model, they built an app, give it away for free and get paid to place ads in their app by companies looking to get customers, or you can pay to have the ads removed and they make a one time fee off of you, now either one is fine, but the issue I have with the free or paid version is the lack of accurate data, if they say there is a 20% chance of rain, and I go outside and it's raining, I'd say it's wrong. Fix you accuracy before you try and extract money from people by bullying them with ads and videos, at any rate I have tried other apps and found plenty out there that are accurate, and will no longer be using this app.
Update, so now in order to watch these click bait videos, that are not even provided by the weather channel, I have to watch the same 15 second ad every single time on every video, are you kidding.
Leaving review after 2 years
I love the new user-friendly update because I did not know how to find what I needed before. It used to be difficult to navigate to daily or hourly weather predictions, but now they’re conveniently located on the bottom bar. And I ABSOLUTELY LOVE how quickly I can get to the radar. Let’s be honest, most of the time I don’t use the weather app unless I want to see what storms are a-brewin’ in my area. The fact that I can open the app and just click “radar” instead of scrolling through a bunch of information I don’t care about makes my life 1000x easier. The last thing I want to comment on is the grouping of all videos/news articles/etc. in to one tab. I know a bunch of people complained about all the “unnecessary” clips they had to scroll through to find what they wanted, but now it’s out of your way (I don’t agree that they’re unnecessary but I can see how they could be an annoyance). I like to check out the Weather Channel news during hurricane/tornado/snowpocalypse season, so I’m glad they didn’t do away with all the extra information entirely. Overall the update is a HUGE improvement that inclined me to finally leave a review after having the app for over two years. I 11/10 recommend.
Very Disappointed 😔
Only 10% of the people say ‘ Oh my god get this app it is great.” While the other 90% says that it is trash. I am one of those 90%. I can not believe that The Weather Channel can’t even forecast a 20 minute snow. Very dissapointed. Accuracy is never accurate and radar would take a long time to load. I think all of this is a big fat lie that it says that this is the most acurate app. Honestly the videos it gives are more social then more weather related. If you live near Washington D.C then you should get a accurate report of your weather. For example it gave 90% chance of heavy thunderstorms with heavy downpours and the next thing you know after 5 minutes slightly chance of rain shower. WOW. How can the storm move away that is about 1 mile away to reaching us and suddenly just miss us. I do not understand how people give 5 stars to this app and even 3 stars. Seorisly you should hire people that acctually work and keep check of the radar every 2 minutes ( because they said that the weather channel app radar refreshes every 2 minutes. I don’t think that this app will ever become great in the near future. Until you get better people in Atlanta, Georgia headquaters and you write a developers feedback to this review I am not having this app downloaded in my phone that takes a lot of battery and storage. Hopefully my review will actually make you responsible for this app and to take more care of it. Very disappointed.
- The Weather Channel
- 165.1 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Apple TV.
- English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Copyright 2018 TWC Product and Technology, LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Remove Ads $3.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.