The Weather Channel App for iPad – best local forecast, radar map, and storm tracking
By The Weather Channel Interactive
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Make confident decisions based on the most accurate, precise forecast available. Favorite app features:
KNOW THE WEATHER ANYWHERE, RIGHT NOW
• Forecasts: Hourly and 10-day forecasts.
• Detailed Current Conditions: Get “feels like” weather, humidity, wind speed, and more. (Access them by tapping the circle on your main screen).
• Weather Maps: Fast-loading radar maps show past and future radar.
• Push alerts & badges: Know about severe weather in your area. To set your alerts, tap the magnifying glass to open your favorite locations. Then, tap the information icon next to your location of choice. From there, you can activate your severe and pollen alerts.
DEEP DIVE INTO YOUR WEATHER
• Weather News: From severe storms to straight-up bizarre weather occurrences, we’ll keep you up to date.
• Severe weather mode: During a severe event, we’ll activate a severe ticker at the top of your App.
• Seasonal Tools: Use our pollen counts to help plan your outdoor activities.
• Travel destination weather (airplane icon): Get everything you need to plan your next trip, such as average temperatures and precipitation, forecasts, the best time to visit, maps, and details to understand how the weather feels compared to your hometown.
• Stunning Imagery: Amazing background photos match your current weather conditions.
THE WEATHER CHANNEL ON THE WEB AND SOCIAL MEDIA
All the weather, wherever you go: find us at weather.com, like us on facebook.com/theweatherchannel, and follow us on Twitter @weatherchannel.
We love when you provide us with feedback. If you love our weather app, please rate and review us in the App Store. If you have questions or suggestions, please submit them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
What's New in Version 4.5.1
- Back by popular demand: pollen counts!
- Performance enhancements and bug fixes.
As always, we appreciate your feedback. Please email us at email@example.com with any suggestions or questions. If you love our app, please let us know by rating us in the App Store.
Love it, but bugs need to be fixed
I have used the app for a long time and love it, but it has a number of bugs on my iPad. When it opens on the Forecast page, it doesn't update. You have to switch to the Current page for it to update and then switch back to the Forecast page. In fact, lately when I open the app, it shows no location and no temperature. It shows the standard circle for the Current weather page, but it's blank. It's necessary to go to one of the other pages, such as the radar page, then go back to weather to get information. This is very frustrating and annoying and was never an issue with earlier versions. I have several locations saved in Favorites, and swiping between them is slow and clunky, with a pause in the middle of the transition. Also, I can only swipe in one did now, and I used to be able to swipe in both directions, which I found more useful and practical. I've resorted to simply using magnifying glass in the lower right corner to choose another of the locations in my favorites. Seems like IBM, which now owns this, could do better.
Stick with It!!
I have had this app since 2011 and, while it has been buggy at times, it delivers solid weather information every single day. The bugs over time have always been incidental in my mind, but never hampered me getting the weather info that I needed. I too am experiencing the bugs others are, but I just continue to scroll to my location and get the weather. I urge current users to report the problems they are having so they hopefully can get resolved faster. And for those looking at getting the app, it seriously is the best weather app out there. It does what you need it to, every day, all day.
best weather app and very easy to use
I love this app. It is very acessible for the blind. Thanks for giving us back the pollen and flu counts again. That helps me know where to saay away from with my alergies. Plus you don't charge anything. The videos are always so funny and sometimes educational too. Keep up the good work. The only thing I will say that is negative is that the raydar doesn't work with voiceover. This is an issue because I would like to know where the storms are like today. So can you pleas pretty please just fix this. But other than that; thanks for such a great app. Your weather lover.