The Weather Channel: Alerts, Forecast & Radar
By The Weather Channel Interactive
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The Weather Channel App for iPhone is your best option for accurate forecasts and timely local weather alerts. Make confident decisions this fall, whether you are planning for the day, the entire week or the next 15 days!
KNOW THE WEATHER ANYWHERE, RIGHT NOW
• Forecasts: Hourly, daily, weekly, weekend and 15-day forecasts.
• Dynamic Home Screen: Changes based on your current location, weather, and time of day, so you get your current conditions plus the weather info you need most.
• Detailed Current Conditions: Get “feels like” temperature, humidity, wind speed, and more.
• Weather Maps: Fast-loading radar maps show past and future doppler radar.
• Severe Weather Alerts: Stay safe with real-time National Weather Service notifications of severe weather including severe weather warnings about lightning, hail, flooding and severe storms.
PLAN YOUR OUTDOOR ACTIVITIES WITH CONFIDENCE
• Need weather information to help plan for fall road trips, picnics, camping or hiking? – this app lets you track and read detailed weather information in multiple locations around the world.
• Dress, pack and plan appropriately – know the rain and wind forecasts, tides, sunrise and sunset times, phases of the moon and even pollen counts!
• Ski season is upon us! Our Ski forecast shows nearby ski resort conditions including snow forecasts, number of open trails, snow base depth and more.
• GoRun Forecast: Like to run? Now you can create a personalized GoRun Forecast to help you answer questions like “When should I run?” “What should I wear?” “How far should I go?” Scroll to the Outdoors module in our app to try it out, and let us know what you think at firstname.lastname@example.org.
FREE DETAILED WEATHER PROGRAMMING & FEATURES 24/7
• Watch our morning show “The Lift”: a 6-minute weather show that airs first on your app. Join Domenica Davis as she covers breaking weather, cool science, and amazing nature clips first thing in the morning. Available on your home screen weekdays from 6-11 a.m. Great for people on the go!
• Weather News: From severe storms to straight-up bizarre weather occurrences, we’ll keep you up to date.
• Stunning Imagery: Amazing background photos match your current weather conditions.
• Sponsors allow us to bring you The Weather Channel app for free
For those of you who want an ad-free version of our weather app, it is here! Our iOS app includes a $3.99 in-app purchase to remove all ads for 1 year. Simply go to the Settings menu in the app to complete the purchase.
WEATHER ALERT APPLE WATCH INTEGRATION
• Get precise weather updates, rain and lightning alerts and more of your favorite features right from your Apple Watch.
• Watch Glances: To activate The Weather Channel Glance, open the Apple Watch App on your iPhone, go to the "Glances" section, click "edit," and add "The Weather."
To activate the new The Weather Channel watch face complication, press firmly on the watch face that displays the time and tap "customize." Then browse to the complication showing an umbrella icon.
THE WEATHER CHANNEL ON THE WEB AND SOCIAL MEDIA
Forgot your phone? Access many of the top app features on the web, wherever you go: find us at weather.com, like us on facebook.com/theweatherchannel, and follow us on Twitter @weatherchannel.
We love feedback! If you love our weather app, please rate and review us in the App Store. If you have questions or suggestions, please email us at email@example.com with any suggestions or questions.
What's New in Version 8.5
• Performance enhancements and bug fixes.
As always, we appreciate your feedback. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any suggestions or questions. If you like these changes, please let us know by rating and reviewing us in the App Store!
I wish this was default for Apple!
So I absolutely love the weather channel app. Every morning before I leave the house, I check the weather channel app because I feel like it's more detailed and accurate than the default weather app that comes with apple. I've used this app for so long and it's amazing! I currently live in Boston for school, (I'm originally from south FL) so safe to say I am not used to this weather. So I always use this app to check the real feel and the radar to see if there's going to be any snow, despite forecast percentages, which sometimes aren't that accurate. Similarly, when i was living in south Florida, where the summer is our rainy season, like everyday. If I were to only check the rain percentage with the regular weather apps, my summers would have been pretty boring. I usually check the future radar to check if there really will be any rain in my area or where I'm traveling, and turns out, a lot of the time, there wouldn't be rain in the area where I was going! Definitely the best feature of the app! And can't forget the breathing quality meters, live stories, airport delays feature, etc. It's the best!!! And I don't even do reviews lol, this is my first one! I always swear by the weather channel app. ❤️
STILL CRASHES STOP WITH THE FAKE REVIEWS!!
I've used this app since 2010 and before that. back then forecasts were freakishly accurate and videos were cool. I don't even know what to say this app has become so pathetically inaccurate your better off licking your finger and testing the wind. Several times they have gone from 80% chance of rain to 20% chance then back to 80% again! Who's writing these forecasts?!! They need to be fired!! Several times it's rained when they said no rain or its been sunny when they said rain! Going to switch to another app after nearly 7 years of use! The videos are depressing, horrific, and sometimes disturbing there was one of a bald eagle attacking and killing a bunch of baby birds! Really that was one of them! I DONT WANT TO SEE THAT ON A WEATHER APP!!!!! The titles are misleading and often have nothing to do with the videos and are just to get you to click on an add! Do your self a favor don't use this app!
UPDATE: I'm now randomly warped to a random website every ( exploit) time I try to use it!!!
UPDATE: app continues to crash every single time I try to use it for more than 20 seconds. The app lags and freezes constantly but on the bright side the advertisements seem to load without issue! Also stop making fake 5 star reviews!
I've always loved this app. Has been progressively getting better and better every year I've had it, and with every update. This last update however, may have a few glitches in it though. I love the video portion. Usually always watch them, even more than once with some. Only problem is while watching this last set of them, or trying to, most of the video's simply disappeared! I started out with at least 15 or so, I went to check the map, and on returning to finish watching video's, only 3 were still there! A little upsetting, as my favorite part. Could you fix, please? I still give you 5 stars however!! Thanks!!
Update: I do love the new look of this free Weather Channel App, but my favorite part is the video's. What happened to it? Hardly anything on it.. Please fix this, as I know other people who miss and love it too. Great seeing the kids and the animals especially! Thanks!!
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Weather
- Updated: Dec 14, 2016
- Version: 8.5
- Size: 188 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: The Weather Channel
- Copyright © 1995-2015, The Weather Channel, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.Apple TV: Yes
Top In-App Purchases
- Remove Ads$3.99