The Weather Channel: Forecast, Radar & Alerts
By The Weather Channel Interactive
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The Weather Channel App for iPhone is your best option for accurate forecasts and timely local weather alerts. Make confident decisions this spring, whether you are planning for the day, the entire week or the next 15 days!
KNOW THE WEATHER ANYWHERE, RIGHT NOW
• Forecasts: Hourly, daily, weekly, weekend and 15-day forecasts.
• Cognitive Home Screen: Changes based on your current location, weather, and time of day, so you get your current conditions plus the weather info you need most.
• Detailed Current Conditions: Get “feels like” temperature, humidity, wind speed, and more.
• Weather Maps: Fast-loading radar maps show past and future doppler radar.
• Severe Weather Alerts: Stay safe with real-time National Weather Service notifications of severe weather including severe weather warnings about lightning, hail, flooding and severe storms.
PLAN YOUR OUTDOOR ACTIVITIES WITH CONFIDENCE
• Need weather information to help plan for road trips, picnics, camping or hiking? – this app lets you track and read detailed weather information in multiple locations around the world.
• Dress, pack and plan appropriately – know the rain and wind forecasts, tides, sunrise and sunset times, phases of the moon and even pollen counts!
• Catch the end of Ski season! Our Ski forecast shows nearby ski resort conditions including snow forecasts, number of open trails, snow base depth and more.
• GoRun Forecast: Like to run? Now you can create a personalized GoRun Forecast to help you answer questions like “When should I run?” “What should I wear?” “How far should I go?” Scroll to the Outdoors module in our app to try it out, and let us know what you think at email@example.com.
FREE DETAILED WEATHER PROGRAMMING & FEATURES 24/7
• Watch our morning show “The Lift”: a 6-minute weather show that airs first on your app. Join Domenica Davis as she covers breaking weather, cool science, and amazing nature clips first thing in the morning. Available on your home screen weekdays from 6-11 a.m. Great for people on the go!
• Weather News: From severe storms to straight-up bizarre weather occurrences, we’ll keep you up to date.
• Stunning Imagery: Amazing background photos match your current weather conditions.
• Sponsors allow us to bring you The Weather Channel app for free
For those of you who want an ad-free version of our weather app, it is here! Our iOS app includes a $3.99 in-app purchase to remove all ads for 1 year. Simply go to the Settings menu in the app to complete the purchase.
WEATHER ALERT APPLE WATCH INTEGRATION
• Get precise weather updates, rain and lightning alerts and more of your favorite features right from your Apple Watch.
• Watch Glances: To activate The Weather Channel Glance, open the Apple Watch App on your iPhone, go to the "Glances" section, click "edit," and add "The Weather."
To activate the new The Weather Channel watch face complication, press firmly on the watch face that displays the time and tap "customize." Then browse to the complication showing an umbrella icon.
THE WEATHER CHANNEL ON THE WEB AND SOCIAL MEDIA
Forgot your phone? Access many of the top app features on the web, wherever you go: find us at weather.com, like us on facebook.com/theweatherchannel, and follow us on Twitter @weatherchannel.
We love feedback! If you love our weather app, please rate and review us in the App Store. If you have questions or suggestions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any suggestions or questions.
What's New in Version 8.11
• We’ve updated our cognitive home screen to provide even more information as soon as you launch the app. Prepare for upcoming changes in your local weather including rain start and end times, expected changes in temperature, hourly and weekend forecasts, and more.
• Improved allergy tracker shows high allergy risk alerts on the home screen, and links to daily pollen outlook so you can plan your outdoor activities.
• We heard your requests and added a “clear” button to remove recent city searches in the location manager.
• Performance enhancements and bug fixes.
As always, we appreciate your feedback. Please email us at email@example.com with any suggestions or questions. If you like these changes, please let us know by rating and reviewing us in the App Store!
Good app until latest update!
I'll post a 5-star review when you put the "Edit" button back in the location management section!!! The latest update to the iPhone app replaced "Edit" with "Reorder", so you can't delete a location. Seems to me location deletion is a pretty important function.
Update and note to the developer: You've updated the iPhone app's location management section to replace "Reorder" with "Clear". So now the only option is to clear ALL saved locations. Again -- you need to bring the "Edit" button back!!! Here's how I and many others use this app: We follow our own home location, along with our kids' (or parents' or friends', or our summer home) locations so we know what their day is like, along with an upcoming travel location which we will want to delete after the trip is over. But we won't want to delete our kids' (or summer home) location after the trip! Remember, the location management section is to help us manage the locations that show on the actual WEATHER part of the app! The iPad app has the "Edit" button, which allows individual deletion of locations and also allows reordering the list. Please bring that back to the iPhone -- it's the only system that makes sense!! Thanks.
Congratulations: you took a nice clean app and eliminated the ability to delete locations for which I no longer have an interest. Saving a few sites while on a one time vacation can no longer be deleted. Instead, you have a jumble of favorites and recents which are annoying to manage. Goodbye Weather Channel; I am switching to Yahoo weather (previously second to your service)!
First, I congratulate you for taking my criticism to heart and doing something about it. I gave the updated app a look: definitely an improvement, however, the old approach was simple and logical. I am hard pressed to understand the need for this change - certainly not a convenience that I can discern (but I will give you the benefit of the doubt and assume there is a reason).
I like the latest update for location options. I also appreciate the radar improvements on the previous update. Still disliking those forced ads before EVERY video. I would prefer to purchase the app and watch maybe one ad. I enjoy watching the Ari Report (whatever it's called) but I will not watch ads before every single video.
Previous review- Update for location options is not my favorite update. I prefer to save locations and the choice to delete when I choose. Also, is there a pay version for this app so I don't have to watch those long commercials if I want to watch a video of the weather??
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Weather
- Updated: Apr 27, 2017
- Version: 8.11
- Size: 200 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: The Weather Channel
- Copyright © 1995-2015, The Weather Channel, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.Apple TV: Yes
Top In-App Purchases
- Remove Ads$3.99