Weather Dock puts the weather right on your desktop. With a glance at the dock icon, you can see the current weather conditions, today's or tomorrow's forecast. With a single click you can access detailed current conditions and 7-day weather forecast.
Detailed weather forecast:
• Access the detailed current conditions and 7-day weather forecast window with a single click
• Detailed 3-day two hourly forecast
• Multiple forecast location support
• Forecast window has animated icons
• Imperial or Metric units
• Weather updates every 60 minutes.
• Updates Weather automatically if update was missed due to sleep or lack of internet connection
Animated Customizable Dock Icon:
• Icon badge shows: Current temp, wind or feels like temp or today's/tomorrow's min/max temp
• Displayed weather can be: Current Conditions, Today's or Tomorrow's forecast
• Weather Conditions text color: Black, White or White with Gray background
• Adjustable animation speed (can be turned off)
Very accurate weather information supplied by Weather Underground®
If you experience any issues please contact us directly using the "Contact Us" button/menu item and specify your forecast location.
+ improved weather forecast accuracy and reliability
+ now app supports Imperial (Fahrenheit & mph), Metric (Celsius & km/h), Hybrid (Celsius & mph) and Metric SI (Celsius & m/s) units
+ improvements and bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Nationwide and local info quickly
I like this app because it works well, and is updated often. I use it to keep up with the wind and the rain, because things change very fast during “winter” in California — rain and wind and chilly 2-3 days a week, sunny and 75 degrees the other days — impossible to make plans (even what to wear) without this app. I need to tie down some of my plants if the wind is more than 20 mph, and this app is indispensible for following quickly changing conditions — and I can keep the info visible in my dock at all times. In addition, I can quickly see what’s going on with my kids on the east coast (blizzards, sunny, 12 degrees, 45 degrees).. I just click back and forth in the area where I’ve listed their various cities. I love it. Good Job by the developers.
Quick and useful for planning the day
Not only does the app sit in my doc with a simple icon giving the general nature of the weather outside, but an always present temperature lets me glance down without having to open the ap. If it suggests rain, or simply looks cloudy out, I can open it up and see the percent chance of rain broken down by two hour chuncks (also temp, wind, direction, and humidity), which lets me inform my son’s and wife’s trips to school and work as well as my own. It offers 7 day forcasts as well for weekend and the like planning. Fast, simple and has what I need to know right there. Expands and contracts quickly, letting me drill down into times if I care, or simply note if I need a jacket or umbrella right now, or will later in the day. Had it for ages.
I really enjoy having this app on my Mac. I've tried several weather apps in the past, and Weather Dock is my keeper. I've had it for several years now. I can see the current temperature with a glance at the dock icon, I can open it to see seven-day forecasts. The hourly forecasts are great for short-range planning--particularly "percent chance of precipitation" here in Florida during the summer. I have ten cities stored via preferences, and viewing the forecasts for any one of them is just a quick click away. The weather in alternate cities loads very quickly, so when I have vacation plans, I always add those cities to the list so I can keep an eye on them in the weeks prior to my departure. This is one of my most-used apps!
- Voros Innovation & Business Services Pty Ltd
- 61 MB
- OS X 10.10 or later, 64-bit processor
- English, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 VorInn
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.