Clear Day™ - (Formerly Weather HD Free, Live Weather Forecast with 3D NOAA Radar)
By vimov, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Meet Clear Day™ (formerly Weather HD), the most accurate, stunning and soothing weather app for iPad & iPhone. Now FREE!
The New York Times: "Clear Day™ elevates the user, placing her at cloud level for a hushed real-time weather tableau that puts the web's goofy sunshine-rain-cloud icons to shame."
Since the very first release of iPad in 2010, Clear Day™ made its debut with more than 6 million downloads on iPad, iPhone and Mac!
Clear Day™ features a unique way of presenting the weather through stunning videos providing the most beautiful experience while still providing accurate data from top providers.
Clear Day™ features a rich and beautiful set of features. Clear Day™ provides amazing 3D weather maps (including animated NOAA radar), real-time severe weather alerts, Facebook friends weather, and patent-pending Quickview design. Clear Day™ makes a perfect balance of features you would need for knowing the weather on your iPhone and iPad.
Watch Clear Day stunning demo: www.ClearDayDemo.com
• Stunning 3D weather maps - depicting cloud cover, heat and radar like you have never seen before
• Animated NOAA weather radar covering contiguous US, Canada and Australia
• Severe Weather Alerts - severe weather warnings and watches right from National Weather Service and MeteoAlarm (USA & Europe)
• Amazing weather videos - not just moving images like other apps
• FREE complete videos themes including: Unlock Spooky Theme and New Year Theme.
• QuickView - Amazing patent-pending technology to see the weather at multiple locations at once
• MultiForecast® - Weather comparisons from popular providers (Accuweather and MeteoGroup) at one glance. Avaiable as subscriptions
• Social - see your Facebook friends’ weather instantly and share yours
• Over 2.5 million locations covered around the world in addition to automatic current location detector
• On-screen clock showing every city's local time
• 7-day and 24-hour forecasts
• Humidity, precipitation, visibility and pressure details
• Wind Chill and Heat Index
• Sunrise and Sunset
• Fahrenheit/Celsius and Miles/Kilometers
• Weather data provided by world-class weather provider The Weather Underground.
WHAT EVERYONE IS SAYING
● USA Today: "Clear Day received new 3D maps not seen previously on a weather app and TV"
● AllThingsD: "the most ambitious version of Clear Day... is visually stunning"
● MacStories: "Clear Day is one of the finest approaches to data visualization and UI design I’ve ever seen"
● TUAW: "... and now the folks at vimov have outdone themselves with Clear Day 2, making a gorgeous app even prettier."
● AppAdvice: "Seriously, if you haven’t been using Clear Day yet, now is the time to do so."
• Upgrade to the Full version of Clear Day to add an unlimited number of cities, Push Notifications for Severe Alerts and no ads.
● Should you have any questions, suggestions or problems, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
● Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/ClearDay
● Become a fan on Facebook at www.facebook.com/goClearDay
● Download Mac version at www.GoClearDay.com
What's New in Version 2.6.2
Now enjoy even more accurate forecast with MULTIFORECAST® unique feature.
Compare official weather stations report with Weather Underground world's largest network of personal weather stations for FREE.
Good core. Backgrounds affect readability.
Good performance, good data, and appealing presentation... at first.
Active video backgrounds (e.g. flurries) make it harder to read the small font. Backgrounds (e.g. overcast) can also minimize contrast with the text, also affecting readability.
Options to disable the video background or minimize it to a decorative band while increasing the text size would be useful. (I'm hoping I've just overlooked similar features in this or the paid version.) Cheers!
Better than Weather Channel on iPhone default
I love the display on the iPad. Superior to the Weather channel default that comes with iPhone. Backgrounds are great and weather details are easy to read. You always know what's outside now and later in the day/week. I tract seven different cities so I know what it's like for distant family members too.
Works like a charm
Ironically, I'm having more problems trying to submit this review today than I've had using this app for the past couple of months! The app is great and gets 5 stars. iTunes, however has just lost one of theirs....
- Category: Weather
- Updated: Feb 06, 2014
- Version: 2.6.2
- Size: 228 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Chinese, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish
- Seller: vimov, LLC
- © vimov, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- AccuWeather Data Provider (1 Month)$0.99
- Meteogroup Data Provider (1 month)$0.99