Weather Line - Forecast Graphs powered by Dark Sky
By Off Coast LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Your brain processes images 60,000x faster than text. SEE your forecast. Don't let the weather take you by surprise.
⁕ #1 weather app in 45 countries
⁕ Apple's "New Apps we Love"
⁕ "My primary weather app" – John Gruber of Daring Fireball
⊘ We never track your location in the background.
VISUAL LINE - Built for quick glances. Bold colors quickly show temperature, condition, and precipitation. See 48 hours, 8 days, or 12 months. Available Worldwide.
SUPER ACCURATE - Dark Sky super accurate weather data (19 different sources!) and hyperlocal rain prediction.
HYPER LOCAL RAIN PREDICTION - State of the art rain forecasting down to the minute in the US, UK, Ireland, parts of Canada, and Puerto Rico. Powered by Dark Sky.
MONTHLY AVERAGES - Average temperatures, precipitation, rain days, snow days, and more for any location in the world. Perfect for travel planning.
SEVERE WEATHER WARNING REPORTS - NOAA severe weather alerts in app in US & UK (not push notifications).
▸ Cities, zip codes, or airport codes
▸ "Feels Like" temperature
▸ High, Low, and Average temperatures
▸ Chance of Precipitation (rain/snow/sleet)
▸ Wind speed and direction
▸ Dew Point (just added)
▸ UV Index (just added)
▸ Sunrise time
▸ Sunset time
▸ Avg High and Low temp for each month (plan your vacation!)
▸ Average Total Rainfall for each month
▸ Average Daily rainfall for each month
▸ Monthly Snow days (for the perfect ski trip!)
▸ Monthly Dry days
▸ Monthly Fog days
BATTERY AND STORAGE OPTIMIZED
▸ Save space on your phone - super small app size (0.0016 GB)
⊘ NO background location tracking. Ever.
⊘ NO battery drain
Email with any questions!
What's New in Version 1.8
Big iOS 10 update! Thank YOU for continually supporting us. If you love it, please share the app with friends or post a review, that's really the only way to survive as a small app.
- iOS 10 widget
- 3D Touch quick actions
- all new swiping between cities (swipe anywhere)
- all new location database (find more locations, easier)
- UV Index
- automatic mph/kph detection
- San Francisco font
- number alignment in details area
- cleaned up weather alert formatting
- complete refactoring for speed optimization
v1.8 is wonderful
I'm very happy that the author added a widget! It shows exactly the information I want to see, and as usual is designed thoughtfully so I can understand today's weather at a glance, whether in minimized or expanded mode.
Aside from the widget, Weather Line remains the best weather app I've used. I've stuck with it for years after bouncing between many others. It's accurate, it's fast, and the way it displays temperature and conditions together is fantastic. I like the other smaller tweaks added to 1.8 as well (I didn't see it mentioned in the release notes, but I think the display of the day when you scroll the hourly forecast is new. Or maybe I just didn't notice it before. Either way, I'm glad there's a way to distinguish between days.)
Thanks to the author for continuing to improve this app!
Missing a couple things, otherwise great
This app makes it easy to see the weather quickly for specific locations, as advertised. There are a couple things that'd make it a better, one-stop weather app.
- There is no view where you can see the current weather for all registered locations. If I want to see what the weather is like for my friends & family living all over the world at a glance, I have to swipe between all registered locations. Apple's weather app has this. Fix this for +1 star.
- There is no short term forecast info where I live (Tokyo). There are sources for this: I've seen it in other global weather apps like Windy. Fix this for +1 star.
- Design suggestion: instead of putting the 'now' temperature at the far left of the screen with no ability to scroll left, put it at maybe the 3rd column, or even in the middle, so that we can understand both how weather has already changed and also how it will change. It may also be nice to be able to scroll both ways.
- Nit: the text that describes the current condition (e.g. 'Clear' or 'Rain' is a button that has no functionality but changes color when you touch it for some reason. At first I thought 'Clear' was going to clear some data or something.
Simple, clear, accurate
I've tried dozens of weather apps and this one is my current favorite. I love the simple layout and they are right that visually seeing the graph is the quickest way to see the forecast. The only thing I wish it had was a "dark mode" for both the widget and the app itself. The white background is a little bright during the evening. Also some kind of list view that allows us to see all cities temperatures in one screen.