By Apalon Apps
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
LIMITED TIME SALE! - 40% OFF! - DOWNLOAD NOW!
Meet Weather Live. The most beautiful weather app ever.
Don't let bad weather take you by surprise! Whether it is cloudy, raining, snowing or even stormy outside, Weather Live will provide you with current weather conditions and forecast in your city and multiple locations all around the world.
Cold or warm weather, it will magically come alive on the crisp screen of your Mac. You won’t even have to look out the window as Weather Live will make you feel like you are already outside! With an innovative technology Weather Live™ implemented into the app, we made it possible!
- Widget for your Notification Center in OS X Yosemite: a complete weather overview only a click away
- Weather forecasts and local time for multiple locations all around the world
- Search for a specific location by postcode, zipcode, latitude/longitude, IP, city/town name
- Ticker with alerts to warn you about severe weather coming your way
- Live weather scenes reflecting real-time weather conditions
- Adjustable layout, check the basic information or go advanced. Choose weather parameters you want to be displayed in the layout settings
- Current temperature as an icon badge right on the desktop
- Weather in menu bar even when the app window is closed
DEEP WEATHER DETAILS:
- 7-day and 24-hour weather forecast
- "Feels Like" temperature
- Dew Point temperature
- Today’s Max and Min
- Wind direction and speed
- Wind Chill
- Humidity and precipitation information
- Visibility details
- Sunrise/Sunset and Moonrise/Moonset time
- Pressure in inches, mm or mbar
- Fahrenheit/Celsius and Miles/Kilometers
- 12 or 24-hour time format
- Day time and Night time modes
- Easy navigation between cities: swipe either to the left or to the right to switch between locations
- All weather details
- Current state only
- Text only
- Circle view
Get Weather Live and be prepared for any weather!
What's New in Version 1.9
- This update includes improvements to overall stability and performance.
Thank you for the comments submitted by email. We appreciate your feedback and are constantly working on making the app better.
If it only used iCloud, it would be perfect.
This app outshines the others in several ways!
The first is its interface. It gives you both form (clean + pretty) and function (all the “basic” info and more). And the customizability is spot-on. You can also save multiple locations, including your present (GPS) location.
The second is integration with Mac OS. Besides its ability to run as a traditional app, it also offers a Notification Center widget, as well as notifications, not to mention a Menu Bar option. And again, user customizaiblity is perfect.
The third is its complete cross-platform availability. It’s available on Mac OS, iOS, and tvOS. (Watch OS as well, though I don’t have an Apple Watch.) On iOS, the functionality is identical to Mac OS, right down to the Notification Center widget.
Unfortunately that last strength reveals a weakness: no cross-platform synchronization of cities (e.g. via iCloud). Other weather apps for the Apple ecosystem offer this functionality, but not Weather Live. So if you like to track the weather in multiple places on multiple devices, you’ll have to manually re-enter and update those on each and every device.
One other nit is that Apalon doesn’t state the source of their weather data. I contacted them abut it over a year ago, and I recall them saying it’s location- (nation-) dependent. Unfortunately I can’t recall their US source (possibly AccuWeather?).
Apple’s latest OS update broke my favorite menu bar weather apps, so I went looking and found Weather Live. I don’t care much about windowed weather data, I just want a menu bar display. This app provides that. However, the windows actually bother me, as there is no persistence to location, and the linkage between the menu bar display and the window is spurious, to say the least.
What cost this app multiple stars is the fact that it inserts itself into the startup process and hides there, making it difficult to remove. It also ignores preference settings; I turned off notifications, but I still get notifications. I turned off the start at login preference, but it still starts at login. This is not the way a well-behaved app works; its behavior is intrusive and almost virus-like.
There is a nice GUI to the program, and it looks friendly enough. If the developer would make it more Mac-like, I’d give it more stars.
Accurate Weather any time
Everyday I open my laptop to get the latest and most accurate weather report. I have finally found an app that does that. it is called Weather Live. Wherever I am located and whenever I’m able to, I have access to up to the minute weather report. A simple easy to read and accurate weather report. If you need to know what the weather forecast will be for the area you are at or a destination you are headed to or just curious of what happening somewhere else you got the right app. Weather live hasn’t failed be yet and its a great tool to use for you’re day, I highly recommend it.
- Category: Weather
- Updated: Oct 21, 2015
- Version: 1.9
- Size: 30.3 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Turkish
- Seller: IAC Search & Media Europe Ltd.
- © 2014-2016 IAC Search & Media Technologies Limited
Compatibility: OS X 10.8 or later, 64-bit processor