By Apalon Apps
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Meet Weather Live. The most beautiful weather app ever.
Don't let bad weather take you by surprise! Whether it is cloudy, raining, snowing or even stormy outside, Weather Live will provide you with current weather conditions and forecast in your city and multiple locations all around the world.
Cold or warm weather, it will magically come alive on the crisp screen of your Mac. You won’t even have to look out the window as Weather Live will make you feel like you are already outside! With an innovative technology Weather Live™ implemented into the app, we made it possible!
- Weather forecasts and local time for multiple locations all around the world
- Search for a specific location by postcode, zipcode, latitude/longitude, IP, city/town name
- Ticker with alerts to warn you about severe weather coming your way
- Live weather scenes reflecting real-time weather conditions
- Adjustable layout, check the basic information or go advanced. Choose weather parameters you want to be displayed in the layout settings
- Current temperature as an icon badge right on the desktop
- Weather in menu bar even when the app window is closed
DEEP WEATHER DETAILS:
- 7-day and 24-hour weather forecast
- "Feels Like" temperature
- Dew Point temperature
- Today’s Max and Min
- Wind direction and speed
- Wind Chill
- Humidity and precipitation information
- Visibility details
- Sunrise/Sunset and Moonrise/Moonset time
- Pressure in inches, mm or mbar
- Fahrenheit/Celsius and Miles/Kilometers
- 12 or 24-hour time format
- Day time and Night time modes
- Easy navigation between cities: swipe either to the left or to the right to switch between locations
- All weather details
- Current state only
- Text only
- Circle view
Get Weather Live and be prepared for any weather!
What's New in Version 1.6
* You asked, we listened: the number of weather parameters displayed in the Text Only layout has been extended
* App icon has been updated to match the new design and look great in Yosemite
Thank you for the comments submitted by email. We appreciate your feedback and are constantly working on making the app better.
Good not perfect
So, my biggest “complaint” about the app is that takes up so much room on the desktop. Yes, I appreciate the idyllic images in the background but it really doesn’t have to be anywhwere as wide as it is. Or, at least give the user to the ability to reduce the appearance to the size of the dashboard piece, which would make it much easier to keep on my desktop along with other apps. Also, more variety or choice of the background would be nice to have control over too. The other day the app showed an image of a pleasant meadow with light rain, and while it was technically raining outside here, it was onto the seven foot high piles of snow I can see outside my window, so it was a bit incongrous.
Beautiful way to view the weather…even when it’s nasty outside
I love this app! It is accurate and a beautiful way to view what is going on. Personally, I keep it minimized, but there is a temperature reading on the icon in the dock as well as in my menu bar and a b/w image of the weather outside. For the developers: would be awesome to see the icon in the dock change according to the weather, but I am sure this is a limitation of Yosemite, not you…but if Apple permits Calendar to change with the date, perhaps they should allow you to morph with the weather as well. Not a biggie, just an idea. Keep up the good work!
Weather Alerts- There should be more of a ta do about alerts. It should be ALERTS!! Or ALERT! If I designed this app. I would make it so there was an urgent sound that accompanied an ALERT that goes off when there is an alert. There would be a setting were there would be choices to chose to control the times the alert went off every 10, 15 minutes, 30, or 45 min. I live in North Carolina and we have hurricanes, tornatoes, ice storms, high winds in summer, winter, spring and fall. We have flooding and earthquakes. Our weather is nuts and we need a better alert system other than the TV which for me is off 95% of the time. Other than that, I love this app.