By Apalon Apps
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Meet Weather Live. The most beautiful weather app ever.
Don't let bad weather take you by surprise! Whether it is cloudy, raining, snowing or even stormy outside, Weather Live will provide you with current weather conditions and forecast in your city and multiple locations all around the world.
Cold or warm weather, it will magically come alive on the crisp screen of your Mac. You won’t even have to look out the window as Weather Live will make you feel like you are already outside! With an innovative technology Weather Live™ implemented into the app, we made it possible!
- Widget for your Notification Center in OS X Yosemite: a complete weather overview only a click away
- Weather forecasts and local time for multiple locations all around the world
- Search for a specific location by postcode, zipcode, latitude/longitude, IP, city/town name
- Ticker with alerts to warn you about severe weather coming your way
- Live weather scenes reflecting real-time weather conditions
- Adjustable layout, check the basic information or go advanced. Choose weather parameters you want to be displayed in the layout settings
- Current temperature as an icon badge right on the desktop
- Weather in menu bar even when the app window is closed
DEEP WEATHER DETAILS:
- 7-day and 24-hour weather forecast
- "Feels Like" temperature
- Dew Point temperature
- Today’s Max and Min
- Wind direction and speed
- Wind Chill
- Humidity and precipitation information
- Visibility details
- Sunrise/Sunset and Moonrise/Moonset time
- Pressure in inches, mm or mbar
- Fahrenheit/Celsius and Miles/Kilometers
- 12 or 24-hour time format
- Day time and Night time modes
- Easy navigation between cities: swipe either to the left or to the right to switch between locations
- All weather details
- Current state only
- Text only
- Circle view
Get Weather Live and be prepared for any weather!
What's New in Version 1.7.1
- Helpful widget for your Notification Center in OS X Yosemite: see the weather forecast at a glance!
Thank you for the comments submitted by email. We appreciate your feedback and are constantly working on making the app better.
I really like that with a glance at my toolbar, I can see the temperature and whether it is sunny or cloudy outside. The app itself quickly shows you for those of us who are visual that it is raining, foggy or snowing. You can get further into the weeds with the “feel like” temperature, the precipitation, wind speed, humidity and highs and lows. Since I suffer from pressure induced migraines, it could be improved by showing the pressure and whether it is rising or falling. As for those who like yahoo’s multi day forecasts, I have that, too, but what’s the point? When you get ten days out, they are just not accurate, especially in a place like Colorado where the weather is very fickle. The forecasters barely get the next day correct, so it’s nice to just wake up and see what’s really going on outside. This app is worth the price.
Beautiful, but limited
I like the appearance of this weather program. I especially like the time of day feature. However, it lacks hourly forecasts and doesn’t have future days as numerous as some of the other programs. I have become more dependent on a program on my iPhone that has hourly forecasts for 48 hours and daily forecasts for considerably longer than this program; and it also has a 2-hour radar feature which is great because I live where the saying is, “If you don’t like the weather, just wait an hour; it will change.".
effective quick review of the weather
I love being able to enter locales and see the weather there. But looking out the door I often find that the information for my area to be inaccurate. But to be fair, it would be impossible to be accurate all the time. The changing scenery is interesting and colorful.
- Category: Weather
- Updated: Mar 12, 2015
- Version: 1.7.1
- Size: 28.6 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: IAC Search & Media Europe Ltd.
- © 2014-2015 IAC Search & Media Technologies Limited
Compatibility: OS X 10.7 or later, 64-bit processor