Meet Weather Mate. The most hyperlocal, accurate and beautiful weather app on the app store. It combines cutting edge weather forecasting with beautifully crafted UI design to deliver the most accurate climate information suitable for both basic and advanced users.
What differentiates Weather Mate from the crowd of other weather apps on the app store?
LOCAL, LOCAL, HYPERLOCAL
Weather Mate uses weather data from the industry leader Weather Underground & The Weather Channel to guarantee that you get the most accurate & reliable weather forecast. But that's not all. Weather Mate uses the network of 250,000+ PERSONAL WEATHER STATIONS in addition to the Automated Surface Observation System (ASOS) stations located at airports around the globe to provide the most localized weather data. You have the option to choose the weather station which is closest to your home or work.
• Current weather conditions from the local weather station
• 15-Day daily forecast containing textual summary for the day & night
• Hourly forecast for each hour of the next 15 days containing detailed weather information at each interval
• Weather widget for the lock screen notification center
• Apple Watch app with customizable complications
• Choose the Personal or Airport weather station which is closest to your desired area, to get the most localized weather data. Or you can use Composite weather station, which incorporates aggregated weather data from the network of nearby weather stations in addition to geography and elevation to derive accurate current conditions for any location.
• Live Interactive Radar & Satellite, to go with 20+ other Map Layers.
• Severe Weather Alerts Notifications to keep you ahead of bad weather coming your way
• Push temperature alerts right on your home screen icon's badge. Stay updated about the weather even when not running the app!
• Detailed Weather History dating back to several decades for any worldwide location.
• Travel Planner feature to assist you plan your trip to any location based on its historical climate summary between any specified dates
• Detailed Air Quality data including current, hourly / daily forecast, & historical readings. Also view Pollutant concentrations & Health recommendations
• Weather Almanac feature: View daily & monthly weather almanac for any location
• NWS Area Forecast Discussion feature (USA Only)
• Weather Radio feature: Listen to live NOAA All Hazards Weather Radio for USA / Canadian locations
• World clock showing the local time for each of your chosen locations
• Share your weather screen with friends
Comprehensive Apple Watch app, notifications & colorful complications for your watch face. Fast complications updates to always keep your watch face current. Option to customize your complications to any weather parameters of your preference.
DETAILED WEATHER INFO
• Current Temperature / Feels Like Temperature
• Today's High & Low Temperatures
• Weather Description / Icon
• Wind Speed, Gust and Direction
• Chance of Precipitation
• Precipitation Rate, Today's Precipitation Accumulation
• Rain Accumulation (Last 1, 6 & 24 Hours)
• Snow Accumulation (Last 1, 6 & 24 Hours)
• Barometric Pressure
• Cloud Cover
• Wind Chill
• Heat Index
• Dew Point
• UV Index
• Sunrise Time
• Sunset Time
• Moonrise Time
• Moonset Time
• Moon Age
• Moon Illumination
• Moon Phase
INTERACTIVE WEATHER MAP LAYERS
• Animated Radar including Past & Future modes
• Animated Satellite including Past & Future modes
• Storm Tracks
• Weather Fronts
• Animated Dew Point
• Animated Temperature
• Animated Wind Speed
• Animated UV Index
• Severe Weather Alerts
• Weather Stations
• Crowd Reports
• Fire Risk
• Active Fires (with Smoke Cover)
• Sea / Oceans Surface Temperature
We never sell your location data to anyone
• The app's core weather engine has been completely re-engineered to provide you with more reliable, accurate & fast weather updates.
• The number of daily forecast days has been increased to 15 days from the previous 10 days. Hourly forecast will also be available for each of these 15 days. So now you can view the hourly forecast for the next 360 hours, up from the previous 240 hours.
• In addition to the Airport & Personal weather stations, we have introduced the option of a Composite weather station, which incorporates aggregated weather data from the network of nearby weather stations in addition to geography and elevation to derive accurate current conditions for any location.
• We received & acted upon your feedback about some malfunctioning weather stations, which were reporting inaccurate weather data. Now the app will itself identify & reject such erroneous weather stations.
• In addition to rejecting malfunctioning stations, app now also provides you the option to blacklist any weather station so it will never be auto-selected for weather reports.
• You can now set the rules of automatic weather station selection. Like you can opt for choosing the nearest personal weather station, or nearest airport weather station, or composite weather station.
• You can now view all the weather stations for any location on a map in the weather station selection screen.
• You can now view the detailed information about any Personal Weather Station (like its Precise Location, Elevation, Hardware, Software, Owner, Sensors Status etc.)
• You can now view the real-time Precipitation Rate & Today's Precipitation Accumulation parameters in the current weather conditions, reported directly from the personal weather station's sensors.
• We've added the complications for the Infograph & Infograph Modular watch faces of the new Apple Watch Series 4. Customization options for these complications will be available soon in the app's next update.
• We've added the multi-location feature in the Apple Watch app. You can now view the weather of any of your saved locations on the Watch app. Select 'Cities List' from the force touch menu to access your locations.
• Severe Weather Alerts have now also been added in the Apple Watch app.
• Severe Weather Alerts coverage has been expanded to include Japan, China, & South Korea.
• You can now share the Severe Weather Alerts for any location directly from the Severe Weather Alerts screen with your friends & family to keep them updated of bad weather.
Thank you for all the feedback submitted through your emails. We are still working on several new features which will be available in the next versions. If you like the app and the progress we're making, please show us your support by submitting a review on the App Store!
Ratings and Reviews
BEST weather app for iphone and watch!
Weather mate pro has everything i wanted and more for following all the weather. and with the new watch complication, you get all the amazing weather details on your watch. plus the same alerts/ warnings/ etc you get on your phone. the amount of customization you can choose is amazing. for example, to start, choose the weather station you prefer from the places you've picked. then customize the different complications on your watch. i give it 5 stars! since, nothing is perfect, here's what i'd like to see changed. change the big part in the top box, it gives me the feeling of an older digital alarm clock. i always wished that the time display and blue bulls eye/wind direction gauge was done differently. and definitely not so big, it's out of sync with the rest of the more modern and somehow friendlier looking graphics. i like the big weather graphic in the top box though (sun behind the clouds, sun, etc...). and lastly, i love all the weather details now available on my watch. but in the future, being able to view all the details for more than one location (current or home), on the watch, would be great. so, home/current location plus other picks (los angeles, washington d.c., etc.) available to view on the watch. even so, this weather app still stomps all the others. for loads of clear, useful, detailed, timely and customizable weather data (in the usa and beyond), this is the weather app to have.
This weather app gives great detailed information concerning weather in my area and state. It is very customizable in selecting how I want to be informed. A good map section I can customize to give up to date weather and even direction of storm systems and information when I tap on the small directional grid and gives air quality reports. In the Advanced section of Settings, it takes a little time to get to know the features and there is even a section that explains weather contitions. You really have to explore this app to see how it can inform you on weather conditions. Gives a look ahead by hour, day or week and an active wind guage to show the direction and speed, has a red bar for server alerts, a voice option to give conditions. There is even a Travel Planner showing conditions when you are scheduled to take a flight. It will select the closest station to give a more accurate prediction or you can select a station in your area. I reccommend the Pro just to support such apps as this one that really gives the kind of information needed to be well informed. Well designed and layed out to tell you what you need and want to know. There is even an option for earthquakes. If any con I have to give it, the small print because of the detailed layout, but it is still very legable. I must admit I have the iphone se (like it very much). Yet, this is a great app to have on your iphone that gives such detailed information!!
The only viable alternative to Storm on iOS
For some reason, only this app and what used to be Storm (but is now whatever the weather channel monstrosity app is called) will show you real time weather fronts. If you know how to look at a weather map, the position and speed of an incoming warm or cold front can tell you a lot about what the weather will be like for the day. You can supplement that info with current radar, temps, the NWS’ forecast discussion, wind speed, dew point, pressure, etc. This one has all of that, (which means everything that Storm had), except with a much more outdated GUI. Like as if we were still on iOS 5. But I’ll HAPPILY take a bad looking weather app with tons of great info over a garbage weather app (i.e. the app formerly known as Storm) without any real info. It’s ironic, because those people basically turned Storm into an app that somehow looks worse than this app, which is saying a lot since this app looks like its stuck in 2011. Like everyone in the reviews is saying: This is the only weather app that’s a suitable replacement for the old Storm app. Developers of this app will get 5 stars from me, regardless, if for no other reason than its the only app which shows positions of cold fronts relative your location. Update the GUI and I’ll give you that sixth star! ;)
- DylogicApps Pvt Ltd
- 80.5 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2013-2018 DylogicApps Pvt Ltd
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.