Weather maps and news straight to your pocket: prepare for each day with The Weather Channel, whether it is for sun, rain or snow! With our rain tracker, getting caught without an umbrella will be a thing of the past.
Find all the weather information you need to plan daily life with confidence. The Weather Channel provides accurate weather forecast reports that can help you plan up to 15 days in advance - wherever you are!
The Weather Channel: Top 3 Features
1. Plan your day up to two weeks in advance with hourly & daily forecasts.
2. Get your current conditions at a glance with weather data that’s relevant where you are.
3. Stay safe with severe weather alerts, a rain tracker and safety tips from the National Weather Service.
Plan outdoor activities with confidence.
• Planning an adventure? Check the forecast so you don’t get caught in the rain.
• Want to catch that romantic sunset or a enjoy a crisp walk in the park? Get detailed information on sunset times, allergies and pollen reports and much more.
• Run smart with GoRun! Find the best possible running conditions and plan your perfect route.
Keep informed on the latest weather news.
• Stay safe during extreme weather events. From flash floods to storms, we’ll send you live alerts and expert safety advice, so you’ll always be prepared.
• Concerned about allergies? Get high-risk allergy alerts and medical advice to help you beat them!
• Check out Warming Signs with Kait Parker every Tuesday in Apple Podcasts
Easily access all of the weather information you need.
• Quickly find all the weather data you care about in one place: your smart home screen!
• Get precise weather updates, severe weather alerts and more of your favorite features right from your Apple Watch.
• Remove all ads from your weather app for a year with a $3.99 single payment in-app purchase.
Privacy & Feedback
• If you have any questions or suggestions about our weather service, please do not hesitate to get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are actively reading your feedback and regularly updating the app experience to help you see weather like never before. In this release, you’ll find:
• Readability improvements: Increased text size to make it easier to see your current conditions
• Snapshot: New precipitation card to show 6-hour rain forecast
• Radar insights: Sneak preview of 6-hour radar on the homescreen
• Bug fixes and performance enhancements
Please email us at email@example.com with any suggestions or questions.
Ratings and Reviews
Great weather app Tells me what I need to Know
Anyone can find little faults with anything, but I believe small things aren’t a big issue. Maybe it’s just the way I am, but if something works well overall, I won’t hold it against a great review. I generally take negative reviews with a grain of salt anyway unless it’s major! When I decide to leave a review for something I will judge fairly. Sure if it’s something that needs to be very accurate then I will judge more accordingly...
Yes things have changed with the look of the UI this that... It’s different, but I have no problem with the change.
I have noticed the Radar map, and other weather info is on point with other weather apps or forecasts. Weather can always change. Sometimes things will be a little off especially with radar map. If the Radar shows rain in my location at a given time it’s generally correct give or take 15 minutes, but it’s not a big deal in the Grand Scheme of things.
I don’t necessarily expect exact timing, because as I said weather can have acute changes. Nothings perfect, but overall I have nothing majorly negative to say.
I use the app with iPhone 6, and my main iPhone 7.
Less than 1 star is what this app deserves
I had used the app since its inception but I’m deleting it from my phone. Lately with every release there has been less weather information and more videos with horrible tv personalities trying to be amusing or pseudo-science sound bites that have little or nothing to do with the weather. I have subscribed to the ad free version each year since it became available and that helped, but I’m so throughly disgusted with the redesign that I’m done with everything to do with the Weather Channel. The app now carries little useful information, (for years you haven’t been able to view anything resembling a map with weather fronts which I find useful as I suffer from sinus headaches) but in prior releases one could easily find the humidity (vital in parts of the country), temperature, and hourly forecast. Now with work you can find the temperature and hourly forecast. I use a weather app to find out the weather for the day. To know if I need a rain coat or if I’m going to have to wear light or heavy cloths. Or take a jacket. And if I’m packing to travel (which I do often) is like to easily be able to see other cities. Now I have to work for it. And only get vague hints as to the weather.
So, bye bye Weather Channel. I’ll rely on AccuWeather (my husband swears by it) or even WeatherBug for my daily and planning needs and I’ll use Radar Scope for tornadoes or dangerous weather.
I don’t much care for the ads being before the videos every single time. In fact this world has become advertising conscious. Shows on TV that used to be 40 minutes long are now 30 minutes long with two or three inserts of ads that are 10 to 15 minutes long each time. Therefore, now we are subjected to the torture of ads, & if that isn’t enough, we have the shortened show, which is only six weeks long, if we are lucky, when they used to be 3 months long before they changed for the next season. That wasn’t enough, now you have ads on your phone, at the bottom of everything & any kind of video you want to watch, it’s at the beginning of it. It has become insane. They’re on billboards, magazines, newspapers, everywhere you look & that add to that you have to buy the product but you’re already paying a high price for the TV, the Internet & the phone yet still subjected to all these ads with the saying of “we need them to pay for the service.” I’m paying for the service so why are they paying for it. It’s just gotten ridiculous all over the place. 99% of the stuff that’s advertised I don’t want anyway.
- The Weather Channel
- 209.5 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Apple TV.
English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Copyright 2019 TWC Product and Technology, LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Remove Ads $3.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.