Weather Underground: Custom Forecast & Local Radar
By Weather Underground, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Weather Underground for iPhone, iPad, and Apple Watch is your everything weather app. Powered by our network of 250,000+ personal weather stations, this app provides hyper-local forecasts and current conditions, interactive radar, customizable alerts, and much more to ensure you’re always prepared for whatever the weather brings.
• Get current conditions from local weather stations or drop a pin in your neighborhood
• Stay updated with the best weather data including temperature, “feels like”, wind speed
and direction, today’s rain accumulation, humidity, dew point, visibility, and pressure
• Swipe through hour-by-hour and 10-day forecasts including chance of precipitation and daily
• Compare today’s weather with local historical data
• Report local weather and hazards to help your community
• Monitor air quality, UV risk, and local flu outbreaks with the Health tile
• Know when first and last light will happen with the Sunrise/Sunset tile
• View the weather map’s improved layers including weather stations, radar, satellite, heat
map, rain accumulation, crowd reports and more
• Scroll through time with our interactive play-bar for radar and satellite
• Track global storms on the Hurricane and Tropical Storm tile
Get all your weather data at a glance with Weather Underground for Apple Watch. Quickly view current conditions, hourly and 10-day forecasts from local weather stations, and stay ahead of the storm with severe weather alerts and radar.
WIDGETS, ALERTS, & MORE!
• View weather at a glance in your notification center with forecast and radar widgets for iOS 10
• Keep an eye out for extreme weather with severe weather alerts
• Discover real-time weather on webcams around the world
• View stunning weather photos with the WunderPhotos tile
• Access Weather Underground’s wealth of online resources including ski reports,
infographics, scientific discussion and more
• Geek out with the weather radio tile
• Customize your experience with light & dark modes, map types, units and rearrangeable tiles
“Weather Underground combines a slick design with a focus on really useful weather information.” - PC Magazine
“What really helps this weather app stand out is its “hyper-local” data from enthusiast weather stations around the world." - TIME Magazine
About Weather Underground: Founded in 1995 as the first online weather service, Weather Underground supplies weather data solutions to the many of the leading media companies and millions of users across the globe through their mobile apps and website wunderground.com. With over 200,000 personal weather stations worldwide, Weather Underground is able to provide meaningful and reliable weather data to people in real-time. Weather Underground is part of the Weather Company and based in San Francisco, California.
What's New in Version 5.9.3
Great 📱app, ⌚️leaves a little to be desired
The phone app has always been great! I love seeing all the different complexities of weather data. It's usually very accurate. I wish more people crowd reported. Also I wish weather underground would make their own weather stations that would self report to the site. Creating more points of data. Is there a way you guys can get Sunset forecasts built into the app??
Now, the Apple Watch app is good, well designed. But I don't find that it updates reliably enough for the complications. Many times it won't even update when I open the app itself on the watch. AND it won't even refresh when I have the app open on the phone next to the app open on the watch. I'm not sure if that's an easy fix or not. Maybe it's Apples fault? I just wish the two apps would sync up a little better.
What will be will be... hopefully, even with the omission of the beautiful, daily photographs from around the world, Weather Wunderground will still be a great app. (I'm submitting a review here about it because the one within the app was a flop.)
The basic, free app is simple, easy, and sooo user-friendly for those of us who aren't would-be weather hounds. We just want to know what to wear, or if we should leave earlier than usual for work, or how next week's weather looks for the fishing trip. The warnings were very helpful too, when adverse weather systems moved in.
The photos were a huge plus and something unique other apps didn't even think to include.
I'll miss the Northern Lights in Alaska, the golden sunsets on Nebraska's lakes, snowy landscapes in New York, crashing waves against the Oregon cliffs, Thailand's evening ocean glow, Slovenska's beautiful vistas, and Germany's forested majesty.
I could travel and see the most beautiful places in the world every day, many unsung places I never realized existed in such breathtaking loveliness. Thank you to all the faithful contributors who shared the beauties of their corner of the world through their eyes with all of us. I'll miss you.
Broke advertisements for PAID subscribers...
Well they updated this to fix bugs but they broke it for PAID subscribers. If I view the "current location" I see an advertisement in place of the smart forecast section. However, if I select a specific location to view, I see the smart forecast section, as I should and no advertisment. They need to fix this asap.
They did finally add the "Show More" option to the radar widget, so they fixed one thing. However, the Conditions option on the Today's widget is still broken . Wyou set the Today widget to show the Conditions, it still shows the temperature graph. Only way to see the conditions is to precisely touch the conditions option on the widget. But when you leave the widget and come back, it reverts to the temperature graph.
So in several months, they managed to fix one thing(radar widget) while breaking another(advertisements).
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Weather
- Updated: Feb 28, 2017
- Version: 5.9.3
- Size: 99.7 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Weather Underground, LLC
- Copyright © 2011-2016 The Weather Channel LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- One year ad-free weather$1.99