Weather Underground: Custom Forecast & Local Radar
By Weather Underground, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Weather Underground for iPhone, iPad, and Apple Watch is your everything weather app. Powered by our network of 200,000+ personal weather stations, this app provides hyper-local forecasts and current conditions, interactive radar, customizable alerts, and much more to ensure you’re always prepared for whatever the weather brings.
• Get current conditions from local weather stations or drop a pin in your neighborhood
• Stay updated with the best weather data including temperature, “feels like”, wind speed
and direction, today’s rain accumulation, humidity, dew point, visibility, and pressure
• Swipe through hour-by-hour and 10-day forecasts including chance of precipitation and daily
• Compare today’s weather with local historical data
• Report local weather and hazards to help your community
• Monitor air quality, UV risk, and local flu outbreaks with the Health tile
• Know when first and last light will happen with the Sunrise/Sunset tile
• View the weather map’s improved layers including weather stations, radar, satellite, heat
map, rain accumulation, crowd reports and more
• Scroll through time with our interactive play-bar for radar and satellite
• Track global storms on the Hurricane and Tropical Storm tile
Get all your weather data at a glance with Weather Underground for Apple Watch. Quickly view current conditions, hourly and 10-day forecasts from local weather stations, and stay ahead of the storm with severe weather alerts and radar.
WIDGETS, ALERTS, & MORE!
• View weather at a glance in your notification center with forecast and radar widgets for iOS 10
• Keep an eye out for extreme weather with severe weather alerts
• Discover real-time weather on webcams around the world
• View stunning weather photos with the WunderPhotos tile
• Access Weather Underground’s wealth of online resources including ski reports,
infographics, scientific discussion and more
• Geek out with the weather radio tile
• Customize your experience with light & dark modes, map types, units and rearrangeable tiles
“Weather Underground combines a slick design with a focus on really useful weather information.” - PC Magazine
“What really helps this weather app stand out is its “hyper-local” data from enthusiast weather stations around the world." - TIME Magazine
About Weather Underground: Founded in 1995 as the first online weather service, Weather Underground supplies weather data solutions to the many of the leading media companies and millions of users across the globe through their mobile apps and website wunderground.com. With over 200,000 personal weather stations worldwide, Weather Underground is able to provide meaningful and reliable weather data to people in real-time. Weather Underground is part of the Weather Company and based in San Francisco, California.
What's New in Version 5.9.4
A Solid and Typically Accurate Forecast
The best part of this app is the radar. We can predict, nearly to the minute, when we will have rain. Living in the boonies of the Big Island, its helpful to know when we need to put our tools away and avoid being drenched.
Our micro climates make it difficult to predict the weather accurately. The forecast is for the only town of any size, which is 30 miles away and in a different climate zone. But with the radar, we have the tools to know what it will do at our home.
I frequently travel internationally and the data is not as accurate, but does provide us with a reasonable idea of what the day will bring.
The price to remove the ads is reasonable and applies to all of our devices.
Good, reliable data. Thanks.
Full-Featured and Pretty
To me, when it comes to weather apps, it's all about presentation. Data is data; its usefulness is in how efficiently it is transmitted to the user. That makes this app a winner. It presents a huge amount of weather information on a clean, appealing interface. All the standard weather info - including radar - is right there on the main view or at most one tap away. Forecasts are available in a variety of concise graphical formats and timescales. The app itself is quite customizable to suit various tastes and preferences. My only minor gripe was the presence of ads on the free version, but I found the rest of the app so effective that the fee to remove them was well worth it.
Random forecasts, no support
Very nice interface, but the temp forecasts are wildly inaccurate. It's always like this: Forecast is 68. At 10am it correctly show the current temp as 72, so it raises the forecast to 72, and continues until 2pm when current temp and forecast are both 83. Late in the day the forecast snaps back to 68. Totally useless. Zero support. Nice interface though.
[Later edit: You can see this very nicely in their hourly forecast. For example, midday today, the hourly forecast shows the temp rising to the current actual temp of 95, but predicts that it is about to instantly drop to their forecast high of 86. The discontinuity between past and future temp will keep getting shifted, until tomorrow when all the wildly inaccurate forecast temps will have been changed to reflect today's actual weather.]
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Weather
- Updated: Mar 30, 2017
- Version: 5.9.4
- Size: 99.8 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Weather Underground, LLC
- Copyright © 2011-2016 The Weather Channel LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- One year ad-free weather$1.99