Weather Underground for iPhone, iPad, and Apple Watch is your everything weather app. Powered by our network of 270,000+ personal weather stations, this app provides hyper-local forecasts and current conditions, interactive radar, customizable alerts, and much more to ensure you’re always prepared for whatever the weather brings.
• Get current conditions from local weather stations or drop a pin in your neighborhood
• Stay updated with the best weather data including temperature, “feels like”, wind speed
and direction, today’s rain accumulation, humidity, dew point, visibility, and pressure
• Swipe through hour-by-hour and 10-day forecasts including chance of precipitation and daily
• Compare today’s weather with local historical data
• Report local weather and hazards to help your community
• Monitor air quality, UV risk, and local flu outbreaks with the Health tile
• Know when first and last light will happen with the Sunrise/Sunset tile
• View the weather map’s improved layers including weather stations, radar, satellite, heat
map, rain accumulation, crowd reports and more
• Scroll through time with our interactive play-bar for radar and satellite
• Track global storms on the Hurricane and Tropical Storm tile
Get all your weather data at a glance with Weather Underground for Apple Watch. Quickly view current conditions, hourly and 10-day forecasts from local weather stations, and stay ahead of the storm with severe weather alerts and radar.
WIDGETS, ALERTS, & MORE!
• View weather at a glance in your notification center with forecast and radar widgets for iOS 10
• Keep an eye out for extreme weather with severe weather alerts
• Discover real-time weather on webcams around the world
• View stunning weather photos with the WunderPhotos tile
• Access Weather Underground’s wealth of online resources including ski reports,
infographics, scientific discussion and more
• Geek out with the weather radio tile
• Customize your experience with light & dark modes, map types, units and rearrangeable tiles
“Weather Underground combines a slick design with a focus on really useful weather information.” - PC Magazine
“What really helps this weather app stand out is its “hyper-local” data from enthusiast weather stations around the world." - TIME Magazine
About Weather Underground: Founded in 1995 as the first online weather service, Weather Underground supplies weather data solutions to the many of the leading media companies and millions of users across the globe through their mobile apps and website wunderground.com. With over 270,000 personal weather stations worldwide, Weather Underground is able to provide meaningful and reliable weather data to people in real-time. Weather Underground is part of the Weather Company and based in San Francisco, California.
• Performance enhancements and bug fixes.
• Updated location permission request language.
As always, we appreciate your feedback. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any suggestions or questions. If you like these changes, please let us know by rating and reviewing us in the App Store!
Ratings and Reviews
It use to at least be functional
This app has gone downhill over the last year and I feel they are just trying to push us away from anything weather underground and towards anything weather channel. I say this because some of the problems such as server response are a issue on the back end and are independent of what I’m using to access the service via the app, I mean it doesn’t matter if I use a phone or tablet etc to access the service. I often open the app and it just hangs without populating the weather data or showing anything but if I click at the top like I’m changing locations all the locations in the list are there with accurate temps but then when I try to pull up one of the locations it just hangs or if it does load it takes forever to load (most of the time it times out) and who has time for that. This never use to be this way which is why I say it’s like they aren’t allocating enough server or processing power let alone bandwidth to this app. Sad to see them gradually killing weather underground and all it data points which made it so unique and hype local. That’s the weather channel for you!
MORE SUPPORT PLEASE!
This app is hands-down the absolute best weather app out there! When I heard about all the changes with the weather underground I started looking for another way to find my weather. After a week of searching and testing of numerous other apps (and regrettably paying for a couple of them 😡), I have found my way back to Weather Underground. I just can’t get around how complete and perfect it is! I always found myself comparing other apps to it. I was sad to see the storm and lightning tracker disappear and felt that it was getting closer and closer to weather underground disappearing all together. Please know this is pretty much perfect in my book! If you could find a way to integrate the storm and lightning into the original app it would be perfect! Please don’t stop improving this app with updates and what not! Even with all the recent changes I’m still reading it 5 stars!
No official weather obs available?
This app has an excellent design. It has a lot of weather forecast data presented in way that is easy to comprehend and it all fits nicely on the screen. Kudos to the designers.
They seemed to have solved their problem with the overloaded servers: forecasts load mostly reliably and quickly. Perhaps they were just overloaded for a while with people abandoning BeWeather and Dark Sky and switching to WU.
Unfortunately, and inexplicably, this app has no choices for official weather observation stations. I can only choose PWSs. The PWS closest to me is woefully inaccurate. It will report winds at zero to a few knots while it is actually howling, and the local airport is reporting winds at 20 to 30 knots. And the PWS reports temps far above reality. My guess is that it’s on someone’s back porch. Other PWSs near me have at least one major data point that is dubious. I understand the desire to have all the PWSs available as options, but I do not understand WU’s decision to exclude official weather observations.
- Weather Underground, LLC
- 294.4 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- Copyright © 2011-2019 The Weather Channel LLC
- In-App Purchases
- One year ad-free weather $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.