Weather Underground for iPhone, iPad, and Apple Watch is your everything weather app. Powered by our network of 270,000+ personal weather stations, this app provides hyper-local forecasts and current conditions, interactive radar, customizable alerts, and much more to ensure you’re always prepared for whatever the weather brings.
• Get current conditions from local weather stations or drop a pin in your neighborhood
• Stay updated with the best weather data including temperature, “feels like”, wind speed
and direction, today’s rain accumulation, humidity, dew point, visibility, and pressure
• Swipe through hour-by-hour and 10-day forecasts including chance of precipitation and daily
• Compare today’s weather with local historical data
• Report local weather and hazards to help your community
• Monitor air quality, UV risk, and local flu outbreaks with the Health tile
• Know when first and last light will happen with the Sunrise/Sunset tile
• View the weather map’s improved layers including weather stations, radar, satellite, heat
map, rain accumulation, crowd reports and more
• Scroll through time with our interactive play-bar for radar and satellite
• Track global storms on the Hurricane and Tropical Storm tile
Get all your weather data at a glance with Weather Underground for Apple Watch. Quickly view current conditions, hourly and 10-day forecasts from local weather stations, and stay ahead of the storm with severe weather alerts and radar.
WIDGETS, ALERTS, & MORE!
• View weather at a glance in your notification center with forecast and radar widgets for iOS 10
• Keep an eye out for extreme weather with severe weather alerts
• Discover real-time weather on webcams around the world
• View stunning weather photos with the WunderPhotos tile
• Access Weather Underground’s wealth of online resources including ski reports,
infographics, scientific discussion and more
• Geek out with the weather radio tile
• Customize your experience with light & dark modes, map types, units and rearrangeable tiles
“Weather Underground combines a slick design with a focus on really useful weather information.” - PC Magazine
“What really helps this weather app stand out is its “hyper-local” data from enthusiast weather stations around the world." - TIME Magazine
About Weather Underground: Founded in 1995 as the first online weather service, Weather Underground supplies weather data solutions to the many of the leading media companies and millions of users across the globe through their mobile apps and website wunderground.com. With over 270,000 personal weather stations worldwide, Weather Underground is able to provide meaningful and reliable weather data to people in real-time. Weather Underground is part of the Weather Company and based in San Francisco, California.
• Performance enhancements and bug fixes.
• Updated location permission request language.
As always, we appreciate your feedback. Please email us at email@example.com with any suggestions or questions. If you like these changes, please let us know by rating and reviewing us in the App Store!
Ratings and Reviews
Excellent weather app but beware privacy
And I quote, “We, our service providers, and our Ad and Analytics Partners (see Section 2 for more information) may collect location information through the Services... If you access the Services on your mobile device, we may, depending on your application and operating system settings, directly collect precise geographic location information and sensor data via Global Positioning System (GPS), cellular network information, and other location-based features. Depending on your mobile device's operating system, we typically receive the latitude and longitude of your mobile device, as well as date and time and sensor data such as altimeter ... If you allow any of the Weather Channel mobile applications to directly collect location information while the mobile applications are running in the background, you will enable continuous location collection.” This is from the The Weather Underground website, despite mention of “Weather Channel” above. If you want to find the original just search the internet under some of the above text.
No official weather obs available?!
This app has an excellent design. It has a lot of weather data presented in way that is easy to comprehend and it all fits nicely on the screen. Kudos to the designers.
However, it has two major problems. First, it frequently won’t load the weather data on the first try. I have a great internet connection and all other apps connect immediately. Same problem on my phone and ipad, same problem via WiFi or cellular. It seems like their servers are overloaded.
Second, It has no choices for official weather observation stations, I can only choose PWSs. The PWS closest to me is woefully inaccurate. It will report winds at zero to a few knots while it is actually howling, and the local airport is reporting winds at 20 to 30 knots. And the PWS reports temps far above reality. My guess is that it’s on someone’s back porch. Other PWSs near me have at least one major data point that is dubious. I understand the desire to have all the PWSs available as options, but I do not understand WU’s decision to exclude official weather observations.
MORE SUPPORT PLEASE!
This app is hands-down the absolute best weather app out there! When I heard about all the changes with the weather underground I started looking for another way to find my weather. After a week of searching and testing of numerous other apps (and regrettably paying for a couple of them 😡), I have found my way back to Weather Underground. I just can’t get around how complete and perfect it is! I always found myself comparing other apps to it. I was sad to see the storm and lightning tracker disappear and felt that it was getting closer and closer to weather underground disappearing all together. Please know this is pretty much perfect in my book! If you could find a way to integrate the storm and lightning into the original app it would be perfect! Please don’t stop improving this app with updates and what not! Even with all the recent changes I’m still reading it 5 stars!
- Weather Underground, LLC
- 294.4 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- Copyright © 2011-2019 The Weather Channel LLC
- In-App Purchases
- One year ad-free weather $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.