Weather Underground: Forecast
By Weather Underground, LLC
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Weather Underground for iPhone, iPad, and Apple Watch is your everything weather app. Powered by our network of 250,000+ personal weather stations, this app provides hyper-local forecasts and current conditions, interactive radar, customizable alerts, and much more to ensure you’re always prepared for whatever the weather brings.
• Get current conditions from local weather stations or drop a pin in your neighborhood
• Stay updated with the best weather data including temperature, “feels like”, wind speed
and direction, today’s rain accumulation, humidity, dew point, visibility, and pressure
• Swipe through hour-by-hour and 10-day forecasts including chance of precipitation and daily
• Compare today’s weather with local historical data
• Report local weather and hazards to help your community
• Monitor air quality, UV risk, and local flu outbreaks with the Health tile
• Know when first and last light will happen with the Sunrise/Sunset tile
• View the weather map’s improved layers including weather stations, radar, satellite, heat
map, rain accumulation, crowd reports and more
• Scroll through time with our interactive play-bar for radar and satellite
• Track global storms on the Hurricane and Tropical Storm tile
Get all your weather data at a glance with Weather Underground for Apple Watch. Quickly view current conditions, hourly and 10-day forecasts from local weather stations, and stay ahead of the storm with severe weather alerts and radar.
WIDGETS, ALERTS, & MORE!
• View weather at a glance in your notification center with forecast and radar widgets for iOS 10
• Keep an eye out for extreme weather with severe weather alerts
• Discover real-time weather on webcams around the world
• View stunning weather photos with the WunderPhotos tile
• Access Weather Underground’s wealth of online resources including ski reports,
infographics, scientific discussion and more
• Geek out with the weather radio tile
• Customize your experience with light & dark modes, map types, units and rearrangeable tiles
“Weather Underground combines a slick design with a focus on really useful weather information.” - PC Magazine
“What really helps this weather app stand out is its “hyper-local” data from enthusiast weather stations around the world." - TIME Magazine
About Weather Underground: Founded in 1995 as the first online weather service, Weather Underground supplies weather data solutions to the many of the leading media companies and millions of users across the globe through their mobile apps and website wunderground.com. With over 250,000 personal weather stations worldwide, Weather Underground is able to provide meaningful and reliable weather data to people in real-time. Weather Underground is part of the Weather Company and based in San Francisco, California.
What's New in Version 5.11.1
* Ad free users: we've fixed the ad display bug. We now return you to your regularly scheduled weather.
* We heard you loud and clear, and webcams are back!
Thank you for your passionate support!
Shame on them...
I agree with most other latest version reviews: a great app RUINED. I PAID for Ad Removal from an iPad Pro, then when launched on my iPhone and other iPads, was shocked that I was required to pay AGAIN for each additional device, AND set up an invasive Personal Account with Weather Underground, with its own ID and Password, which I refuse to submit to. Now I see complaints about dysfunction caused by obnoxious Video and Popup Ads, and personally find both paid and free versions horribly buggy and unreliable now anyway. If you need this to be profitable, then just make it a Premium Paid App and charge what you need to. This Bait & Switch approach - where the introductory Free release is hobbled by obnoxious ads, bugs, and "Nag Popups" - is nothing more than a featureless, intrusive, continuing subscription service hard sell ploy: requiring a multitude of renewal/upgrade tier "ransom" payments that expire as soon as the purchaser becomes dependent on the otherwise high-grade weather data. Other weather apps might not be quite as spot-on accurate, but at least they do the job without all the hidden monetizing stream "Sign Up and Unlock Useful Features!" Rug-pulling schemes to milk us for personal data and never ending nickel & dime "add-on" renewal charges. Just charge fairly UP FRONT - and Be Honest about it!
Used to be a Good App
So, 2 years later and now we have to deal with pop up ads. I have deleted other apps due to pop up ads and am afraid I will have to delete this one. I have been a loyal user for years, but the pop up ads are more than I can take. Why can’t you create a premium version that gets rid of all ads? It seems there are plenty of users who would pay. When severe weather is about to hit the absolute last thing anyone wants to see is some pop up ad for a casino when trying to close out the radar screen. And then, the ad usually locks up the app so you have to completely close it. I honestly do not know why anyone at WeatherUnderground thought their users would put up with pop up ads. This is not some free game app - this is weather that affects everyone, every day.
I like the redesign of the app. I find it is easier to get the information I need. My only request is to add the watch/warning link back to the widget.
Broken and stupid
I get that ad revenue pays the bills and that subscriptions offset that for the people that don’t like being advertised to, what I don’t get is why the ads make it to where I can’t use the app. I’ll open maps and they won’t refresh but the ad bar at the top populates just fine. I’ll try to leave maps with the ui exit button and a full page ad pops up. I’ll wait for the hidden exit button to show and click it, but then am still at the map screen and can’t leave. Even on the dashboard, the weather information won’t update but I’m definitely getting a new ad every time I update the page.
I installed this app because it was accurate and streamlined with crowd reported temperature that stayed up-to-date while larger stations couldn’t. Those things just aren’t true anymore and it’s not worth fighting the ads or investing micro transactions into something that doesn’t even do what it’s supposed to do well anymore.
- Category: Weather
- Updated: Dec 18, 2017
- Version: 5.11.1
- Size: 264 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Weather Underground, LLC
- Copyright © 2011-2016 The Weather Channel LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- One year ad-free weather$1.99