Weather Underground: Forecast
By Weather Underground, LLC
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Weather Underground for iPhone, iPad, and Apple Watch is your everything weather app. Powered by our network of 250,000+ personal weather stations, this app provides hyper-local forecasts and current conditions, interactive radar, customizable alerts, and much more to ensure you’re always prepared for whatever the weather brings.
• Get current conditions from local weather stations or drop a pin in your neighborhood
• Stay updated with the best weather data including temperature, “feels like”, wind speed
and direction, today’s rain accumulation, humidity, dew point, visibility, and pressure
• Swipe through hour-by-hour and 10-day forecasts including chance of precipitation and daily
• Compare today’s weather with local historical data
• Report local weather and hazards to help your community
• Monitor air quality, UV risk, and local flu outbreaks with the Health tile
• Know when first and last light will happen with the Sunrise/Sunset tile
• View the weather map’s improved layers including weather stations, radar, satellite, heat
map, rain accumulation, crowd reports and more
• Scroll through time with our interactive play-bar for radar and satellite
• Track global storms on the Hurricane and Tropical Storm tile
Get all your weather data at a glance with Weather Underground for Apple Watch. Quickly view current conditions, hourly and 10-day forecasts from local weather stations, and stay ahead of the storm with severe weather alerts and radar.
WIDGETS, ALERTS, & MORE!
• View weather at a glance in your notification center with forecast and radar widgets for iOS 10
• Keep an eye out for extreme weather with severe weather alerts
• Discover real-time weather on webcams around the world
• View stunning weather photos with the WunderPhotos tile
• Access Weather Underground’s wealth of online resources including ski reports,
infographics, scientific discussion and more
• Geek out with the weather radio tile
• Customize your experience with light & dark modes, map types, units and rearrangeable tiles
“Weather Underground combines a slick design with a focus on really useful weather information.” - PC Magazine
“What really helps this weather app stand out is its “hyper-local” data from enthusiast weather stations around the world." - TIME Magazine
About Weather Underground: Founded in 1995 as the first online weather service, Weather Underground supplies weather data solutions to the many of the leading media companies and millions of users across the globe through their mobile apps and website wunderground.com. With over 250,000 personal weather stations worldwide, Weather Underground is able to provide meaningful and reliable weather data to people in real-time. Weather Underground is part of the Weather Company and based in San Francisco, California.
What's New in Version 5.10.3
Latest update much improved
I'm a paying customer who has used this app to assist with my landscape photography and outdoor activity planning for more than a year. It was great until the last few months or so when newly introduced bugs seemed to pile up and wreck the user experience. Thankfully the latest update appears to have fixed the most prominent bugs, and the app is once again enjoyable to use. However, I still see room for improvement - the performance and responsiveness do leave a little to be desired. Scrolling on an iPhone 6 is jittery, and the actual weather data is slow to update on an LTE cellular connection, and sometimes the app insists on showing you stale data until you force a refresh. Seems like they could probably improve the load times with faster servers, a lighter data payload, and some good old compression. Background refresh would also be nice - it doesn't seem to update in the background for me.
Back to 5 stars again!
Great app! This is my go-to app for weather and one I use daily based on the features. Was super buggy for a few months around the iOS 11 release (would crash if you tried to scroll) but has now been fixed. I’ve had this app for years and that was the only issue I’ve ever had. Anyway, the app allows you to automatically bounce around local weather stations as you move around the city/country, which is great for current conditions and forecast accuracy. Since you’re not stuck with just a small handful of stations like other apps (I’m in Denver and there are a few hundred stations scattered around the city) it really helps provide the best view possible of what the local weather is doing. Plus it reconciles all the local station data with the major stations and the NWS for a complete view. Do yourself a favor and get this app!
Used to be great. And it is again.
The November 8th update cured the crashing problems, it’s working well again.
Next time, please try to work the bugs out before releasing a big app update, stay up to date on iOS changes and if there is a major problem like what occurred with iOS 11, fix it more expeditiously. You nearly lost your loyal fans.
Here’s my original review:
I've been a Weather Underground user since their inception, and believe there's no finer weather source. The app works great, delivers everything you need in a well thought-out user interface and is frequently updated and improved. The app is highly customizable and offers as much (such as the "scientific discussion”) or little detail as you desire. The "no ads" subscription is an exceptional bargain too. I'm an airline captain for work, love meteorology and Wunderground is my go-to weather app.
- Category: Weather
- Updated: Nov 08, 2017
- Version: 5.10.3
- Size: 263 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Weather Underground, LLC
- Copyright © 2011-2016 The Weather Channel LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- One year ad-free weather$1.99