Weather Underground for iPhone, iPad, and Apple Watch is your everything weather app. Powered by our network of 270,000+ personal weather stations, this app provides hyper-local forecasts and current conditions, interactive radar, customizable alerts, and much more to ensure you’re always prepared for whatever the weather brings.
• Get current conditions from local weather stations or drop a pin in your neighborhood
• Stay updated with the best weather data including temperature, “feels like”, wind speed
and direction, today’s rain accumulation, humidity, dew point, visibility, and pressure
• Swipe through hour-by-hour and 10-day forecasts including chance of precipitation and daily
• Compare today’s weather with local historical data
• Report local weather and hazards to help your community
• Monitor air quality, UV risk, and local flu outbreaks with the Health tile
• Know when first and last light will happen with the Sunrise/Sunset tile
• View the weather map’s improved layers including weather stations, radar, satellite, heat
map, rain accumulation, crowd reports and more
• Scroll through time with our interactive play-bar for radar and satellite
• Track global storms on the Hurricane and Tropical Storm tile
Get all your weather data at a glance with Weather Underground for Apple Watch. Quickly view current conditions, hourly and 10-day forecasts from local weather stations, and stay ahead of the storm with severe weather alerts and radar.
WIDGETS, ALERTS, & MORE!
• View weather at a glance in your notification center with forecast and radar widgets for iOS 10
• Keep an eye out for extreme weather with severe weather alerts
• Discover real-time weather on webcams around the world
• View stunning weather photos with the WunderPhotos tile
• Access Weather Underground’s wealth of online resources including ski reports,
infographics, scientific discussion and more
• Geek out with the weather radio tile
• Customize your experience with light & dark modes, map types, units and rearrangeable tiles
“Weather Underground combines a slick design with a focus on really useful weather information.” - PC Magazine
“What really helps this weather app stand out is its “hyper-local” data from enthusiast weather stations around the world." - TIME Magazine
About Weather Underground: Founded in 1995 as the first online weather service, Weather Underground supplies weather data solutions to the many of the leading media companies and millions of users across the globe through their mobile apps and website wunderground.com. With over 270,000 personal weather stations worldwide, Weather Underground is able to provide meaningful and reliable weather data to people in real-time. Weather Underground is part of the Weather Company and based in San Francisco, California.
• Security enhancements.
• Performance enhancements and bug fixes.
As always, we appreciate your feedback. Please email us at email@example.com with any suggestions or questions. If you like these changes, please let us know by rating and reviewing us in the App Store!
Ratings and Reviews
Be prepared for any weather forecast.
Still a good app
My company’s business, we’re log restoration guys, revolves 100% around weather conditions. We have been through multiple weather apps over the years, and Weather Underground has always been our fallback when the others failed.
When WU released STORM we were thrilled! It had everything we needed, and was extremely accurate.
Then The the Weather Channel bought them and as with everything they touch, Storm went to crap. Their version of Storm is tedious, not as accurate, and doesn't have a lot of the bells and whistles we had with the original.
We understand capitalism, heck we’re waiting on a large conglomerate to buy us, but we need an accurate weather app.
The existing, basic, WU app doesn’t have all the content that Storm had, but they don’t seem to have screwed have it . . . yet . . . and is the best still for accuracy.
Still will not retrieve NWS forecasts
Another update on Oct 4, 2018 but still no fix for the NWS forecasts. The generic forecasts are never accurate. But if you don’t want to or can’t fix the NWS forecast option, then remove the option in settings! I don’t use this app as much now because how annoying that is. I just bookmark the NWS internet page in my browser.
You guys finally had an update today but I don’t see any differences. The main problem I am having is getting the National Weather Service forecast. Your forecast “on demand” is never very accurate for my area. The NWS do a much better job, in my opinion. At least I can still get the forecast discussion from them. But for some reason the actual forecast keeps saying it can not connect and will lock up the entire app. So I have keep the forecast selection to “on demand” so the rest of the app will work. I hope you guys are trying to fix this issue as it will make a huge difference at least for me. Thanks!
Developer Response ,
We have just released a fix that has resolved slow loading issues as well as location and push notification management problems--thanks again for alerting us to the problem! Please take another look at the app (no app update required, just a fresh launch) and let us know what you think.
If you were having push notification issues, try the following:
To set a push notification, first search in the location manager for the location you want the have a notification for. Then save it as a favorite by clicking the star. Go back to push notification settings and you’ll be able to select that location for your notifications!
Be prepared for any weather forecast.
- Weather Underground, LLC
- 296.5 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- Copyright © 2011-2018 The Weather Channel LLC
- In-App Purchases
- One year ad-free weather $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.