Weather Underground: Custom Forecast & Local Radar
By Weather Underground, LLC
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Weather Underground for iPhone, iPad, and Apple Watch is your everything weather app. Powered by our network of 250,000+ personal weather stations, this app provides hyper-local forecasts and current conditions, interactive radar, customizable alerts, and much more to ensure you’re always prepared for whatever the weather brings.
• Get current conditions from local weather stations or drop a pin in your neighborhood
• Stay updated with the best weather data including temperature, “feels like”, wind speed
and direction, today’s rain accumulation, humidity, dew point, visibility, and pressure
• Swipe through hour-by-hour and 10-day forecasts including chance of precipitation and daily
• Compare today’s weather with local historical data
• Report local weather and hazards to help your community
• Monitor air quality, UV risk, and local flu outbreaks with the Health tile
• Know when first and last light will happen with the Sunrise/Sunset tile
• View the weather map’s improved layers including weather stations, radar, satellite, heat
map, rain accumulation, crowd reports and more
• Scroll through time with our interactive play-bar for radar and satellite
• Track global storms on the Hurricane and Tropical Storm tile
Get all your weather data at a glance with Weather Underground for Apple Watch. Quickly view current conditions, hourly and 10-day forecasts from local weather stations, and stay ahead of the storm with severe weather alerts and radar.
WIDGETS, ALERTS, & MORE!
• View weather at a glance in your notification center with forecast and radar widgets for iOS 10
• Keep an eye out for extreme weather with severe weather alerts
• Discover real-time weather on webcams around the world
• View stunning weather photos with the WunderPhotos tile
• Access Weather Underground’s wealth of online resources including ski reports,
infographics, scientific discussion and more
• Geek out with the weather radio tile
• Customize your experience with light & dark modes, map types, units and rearrangeable tiles
“Weather Underground combines a slick design with a focus on really useful weather information.” - PC Magazine
“What really helps this weather app stand out is its “hyper-local” data from enthusiast weather stations around the world." - TIME Magazine
About Weather Underground: Founded in 1995 as the first online weather service, Weather Underground supplies weather data solutions to the many of the leading media companies and millions of users across the globe through their mobile apps and website wunderground.com. With over 250,000 personal weather stations worldwide, Weather Underground is able to provide meaningful and reliable weather data to people in real-time. Weather Underground is part of the Weather Company and based in San Francisco, California.
What's New in Version 5.10
- Plan your outdoor activities around your schedule. You can now tell Smart Forecasts what times are good and bad for you!
- Smart Forecasts also know about Air Pollution and can advise against running in the smog. At WU we like to help avoid premature death and respiratory attacks.
- The radio tile was on its last legs. The stations were getting progressively less reliable and signal was spotty. We put the radio tile out of its misery. In your newly acquired spare time, we suggest you listen to some nice podcasts!
- Fixed some bugs. Less crashing.
Crash at web cams
As soon as I scroll to where the webcam window is in view, the app crashes. On iPad and iPhone
The notification widget has stopped working since I updated to iOS 9. The radar one works, but the current conditions one only says " failure to load". Also I have location services disabled as my preference and the app keeps throwing the "services disabled" message in my face every time I start the app. Previous versions didn't do this. Please fix / allow an option to disable the warning. I was depending on the widget as a major reference point that now is gone. Very frustrating.
...a little later on. Finishing this review after keeping the draft around past the most recent update. Well, the location prompt seems to have gone away. Good. BUT THE WIDGET (sort of) STILL WON'T LOAD. After the most recent update it started working again. The bug you reported was related to bold text. I don't use bold text, but it hasn't been working, then it did, but now we're back to "Failure to load" Frustrating, because this is the one widget I use more than any other. And it's coming on winter now.
Great app that does what it promises
Nice simple app I use in place of the built in weather app. Accurate right now, current day, next 9 days, plus the last 2. Easy customizable interface lets you rearrange the order of what you see. Animated radar loop supports pinch zoom & pan. Optional severe weather push alerts & auto location change if you enable location services. The ads are not overbearing or annoying. Since they do not pop up over other things or take control, I find myself interested in some & willing to click on them. Only buggy behavior I've seen over the years is the radar loop will hang sometimes. Just click play again & all is well. Works in portrait or landscape modes and does not use much data or battery. Feature suggestion would be to add a handsfree 'driving mode' that runs a continuous loop moving with you like a GPS app. Radar Now does this well, so I just use that if I may be driving into bad weather.
Always prepared, needs some work
This weather app has been a great source of information that other weather apps cannot fathom. Wunderground gives plenty of information to make sure that you know exactly what will be happening the next day or the next 10 days.
The only downside I have come across is that the sunrise tile does not work 90% of the time and will not load. The app needs to be re-installed and maybe it will work for a bit. The developers need to work this bug out.
App seems to close when submitting weather alert.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Weather
- Updated: Sep 13, 2017
- Version: 5.10
- Size: 101 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Weather Underground, LLC
- Copyright © 2011-2016 The Weather Channel LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- One year ad-free weather$1.99