By Weather Underground, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Weather Underground for iPhone, iPad, and Apple Watch is your everything weather app. Powered by our network of 200,000+ personal weather stations, this app provides hyper-local forecasts and current conditions, interactive radar, customizable alerts, and much more to ensure you’re always prepared for whatever the weather brings.
• Get current conditions from local weather stations or drop a pin in your neighborhood
• Stay updated with the best weather data including temperature, “feels like”, wind speed
and direction, today’s rain accumulation, humidity, dew point, visibility, and pressure
• Swipe through hour-by-hour and 10-day forecasts including chance of precipitation and daily
• Compare today’s weather with local historical data
• Report local weather and hazards to help your community
• Monitor air quality, UV risk, and local flu outbreaks with the Health tile
• Know when first and last light will happen with the Sunrise/Sunset tile
• View the weather map’s improved layers including weather stations, radar, satellite, heat
map, rain accumulation, crowd reports and more
• Scroll through time with our interactive play-bar for radar and satellite
• Track global storms on the Hurricane and Tropical Storm tile
Get all your weather data at a glance with Weather Underground for Apple Watch. Quickly view current conditions, hourly and 10-day forecasts from local weather stations, and stay ahead of the storm with severe weather alerts and radar.
WIDGETS, ALERTS, & MORE!
• View weather at a glance in your notification center with forecast and radar widgets for iOS 8
• Keep an eye out for extreme weather with severe weather alerts
• Discover real-time weather on webcams around the world
• View stunning weather photos with the WunderPhotos tile
• Access Weather Underground’s wealth of online resources including ski reports,
infographics, scientific discussion and more
• Geek out with the weather radio tile
• Customize your experience with light & dark modes, map types, units and rearrangeable tiles
“Weather Underground combines a slick design with a focus on really useful weather information.” - PC Magazine
“What really helps this weather app stand out is its “hyper-local” data from enthusiast weather stations around the world." - TIME Magazine
About Weather Underground: Founded in 1995 as the first online weather service, Weather Underground supplies weather data solutions to the many of the leading media companies and millions of users across the globe through their mobile apps and website wunderground.com. With over 200,000 personal weather stations worldwide, Weather Underground is able to provide meaningful and reliable weather data to people in real-time. Weather Underground is part of the Weather Company and based in San Francisco, California.
What's New in Version 5.9.2
- The widget just got let into the iOS 10 Club. It’s now dressed all fancy to fit in with the theme, it knows how to shrink and grow (and pop and lock), and while it can’t make it rain all the time, it can tell you if it’ll rain in the next 6 hours.
- Hey, do you live somewhere besides the U.S.? Do you have a clock? Good for you. Smart Forecasts now acknowledges your supposed preference for 24-hour time. #AllTheOtherCountries
- For anyone who added our app to their watch’s homescreen, saw a bunch of dashes, and thought we were spelling “om” in Morse code: congratulations! You’ve achieved enlightenment. For everyone else: find your own path. Now we show weather data.
- Bug fixes
The most complete weather app
Of all the weather apps I have tried, Wunderground is the most complete. Even though dark sky has very good short term forecasts, the radar isn't fully developed and doesn't have nearly as many features as I'd like. Yahoo weather is pretty, but I have found it to be a bit unreliable, as well as not having enough data in it's current conditions. What I like about Wunderground is that you have daily forecasts, hourly forecasts, and a daily summary. Another feature that is great is the tile system, so you can look at only what you want. My tiles are current conditions, forecasts, radar, sunrise/set, tropics, and smart forecasts. Smart forecasts are a newer feature that shows heaps of promise but still needs attention. Wunderground also has a good widget, allowing you to see forecasts at a glance.
Wunderground is the best all around weather app on the market.
Dysfunctional weather app
A con! I've paid for the ad free option which worked for a day. The ads are back. I have emailed them twice...no response. What a terrible app and I cannot see my location on my iPhone as promised.
I was very excited to get the Ambient WS-1001 weather station for Christmas but setting up the Wunderground app has been a frustrating nightmare.
The Ambient owners manual has to be the most un-user friendly app going! Through trial and error, I've got it up and going although what some of the read-outs represent and their significance defies me as the manufacturer must think we're professional weathermen. A typical example is the explanation in the manual of the icons on the screen are on one page and the picture of the screen is on the next page behind it...so you have flick backwards and forwards to know what a reading is and where.
In terms of the Wunderground app, I've registered my name, nick name and email address but once logging off I can't get back on. An error message with no explanation or help. I have even paid them for a year without ads. Christmas ruined, thank you ...not.
Best weather app hands down
Admittedly, this is 1.99 per year to avoid ads, but since it's something I use on a daily basis, I really think it's worth it. This is an app where you really can get everything you need or even want. The last major update was fantastic to the point where I think it's one of the top ten UIs. I'm a developer and I know what I'm talking about here. Bravo to the dev team.
What I love about this app is almost too much to talk about:
- you can arrange the areas in whatever order you like. I like weather and then hourly weather and then scientific discussion and blogs.
- the weather screen is great: current position of the sun, temp, forecast high and low, map, then daily and hourly forecast with a graph for precipitation probability, temp, and wind. Click on the graph for detailed info.
- the blogs. You now have access to all of them! I really like these.
Weather is a fantastic combo of science and modeling. Weather modeling uses fantastically complicated computers and software. I think it's one of humanity's great achievements that we literally foresee the future. So why dumb it down? This is an app for the scientist out there.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Weather
- Updated: Dec 07, 2016
- Version: 5.9.2
- Size: 100 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Weather Underground, LLC
- Copyright © 2011-2016 The Weather Channel LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- One year ad-free weather$1.99