Weather Underground for iPhone, iPad, and Apple Watch is your everything weather app. Powered by our network of 270,000+ personal weather stations, this app provides hyper-local forecasts and current conditions, interactive radar, customizable alerts, and much more to ensure you’re always prepared for whatever the weather brings.
• Get current conditions from local weather stations or drop a pin in your neighborhood
• Stay updated with the best weather data including temperature, “feels like”, wind speed
and direction, today’s rain accumulation, humidity, dew point, visibility, and pressure
• Swipe through hour-by-hour and 10-day forecasts including chance of precipitation and daily
• Compare today’s weather with local historical data
• Report local weather and hazards to help your community
• Monitor air quality, UV risk, and local flu outbreaks with the Health tile
• Know when first and last light will happen with the Sunrise/Sunset tile
• View the weather map’s improved layers including weather stations, radar, satellite, heat
map, rain accumulation, crowd reports and more
• Scroll through time with our interactive play-bar for radar and satellite
• Track global storms on the Hurricane and Tropical Storm tile
Get all your weather data at a glance with Weather Underground for Apple Watch. Quickly view current conditions, hourly and 10-day forecasts from local weather stations, and stay ahead of the storm with severe weather alerts and radar.
WIDGETS, ALERTS, & MORE!
• View weather at a glance in your notification center with forecast and radar widgets for iOS 10
• Keep an eye out for extreme weather with severe weather alerts
• Discover real-time weather on webcams around the world
• View stunning weather photos with the WunderPhotos tile
• Access Weather Underground’s wealth of online resources including ski reports,
infographics, scientific discussion and more
• Geek out with the weather radio tile
• Customize your experience with light & dark modes, map types, units and rearrangeable tiles
“Weather Underground combines a slick design with a focus on really useful weather information.” - PC Magazine
“What really helps this weather app stand out is its “hyper-local” data from enthusiast weather stations around the world." - TIME Magazine
About Weather Underground: Founded in 1995 as the first online weather service, Weather Underground supplies weather data solutions to the many of the leading media companies and millions of users across the globe through their mobile apps and website wunderground.com. With over 270,000 personal weather stations worldwide, Weather Underground is able to provide meaningful and reliable weather data to people in real-time. Weather Underground is part of the Weather Company and based in San Francisco, California.
• Security enhancements.
• Performance enhancements and bug fixes.
As always, we appreciate your feedback. Please email us at email@example.com with any suggestions or questions. If you like these changes, please let us know by rating and reviewing us in the App Store!
Ratings and Reviews
Be prepared for any weather forecast.
Still will not retrieve NWS forecasts
Another update on Oct 4, 2018 but still no fix for the NWS forecasts. The generic forecasts are never accurate. But if you don’t want to or can’t fix the NWS forecast option, then remove the option in settings! I don’t use this app as much now because how annoying that is. I just bookmark the NWS internet page in my browser.
You guys finally had an update today but I don’t see any differences. The main problem I am having is getting the National Weather Service forecast. Your forecast “on demand” is never very accurate for my area. The NWS do a much better job, in my opinion. At least I can still get the forecast discussion from them. But for some reason the actual forecast keeps saying it can not connect and will lock up the entire app. So I have keep the forecast selection to “on demand” so the rest of the app will work. I hope you guys are trying to fix this issue as it will make a huge difference at least for me. Thanks!
We have just released a fix that has resolved slow loading issues as well as location and push notification management problems--thanks again for alerting us to the problem! Please take another look at the app (no app update required, just a fresh launch) and let us know what you think.
If you were having push notification issues, try the following:
To set a push notification, first search in the location manager for the location you want the have a notification for. Then save it as a favorite by clicking the star. Go back to push notification settings and you’ll be able to select that location for your notifications!
Used to be reliable
Ever since IBM bought the parent of Wunderground, The Weather Company, things have been slowly degrading with every “upgrade.” I agree with others who said sections that used to work like news and video no longer load. They also used to have great user submitted time lapse videos... those rarely work anymore. Then this past November 2017, they announced they were doing away with time lapse videos because of “cost” but after a mass exodus and piling of complaints they brought it back. However it’s not the same since most users were removed when they originally shut the time lapse service down and not a whole lot of people re-added their cameras. For good reason. Oh and the ads are by and far obnoxious. Why do those play no problem but the content we actually have the app for doesn’t? Either kill it off or put some effort back into it IBM. You’re letting a great product fall by the wayside for your own greedy gains.
- Weather Underground, LLC
- 296.5 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- Copyright © 2011-2018 The Weather Channel LLC
- In-App Purchases
- One year ad-free weather $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.