Weather Underground: Radar, Forecasts, Satellite Maps, Severe Alerts, Weather Photos
By Weather Underground, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
COMMUNITY POWERED WEATHER
The Weather Underground iPhone app provides the world's most accurate hyper-local weather forecasts in addition to interactive radar, satellite maps and severe weather alerts. Powered by our unique community of weather enthusiasts reporting live data from weather stations in their own backyards, this crowd-sourced data generates forecasts targeted to your precise location. In addition to viewing and sharing weather data, users can also take and upload photos directly from the app!
With free push notifications for weather alerts, Weather Underground is your essential app during severe weather events. Our interactive map (WunderMap) displays animated radar and satellite data to track storms, as well as providing specific map presets for tracking hurricanes and wildfires.
WHAT MAKES THIS WEATHER APP DIFFERENT TO OTHERS?
WE FILL IN THE GAPS
- Our 33,000+ personal weather stations report the most localized weather conditions. The data that we collect from our user-owned weather stations fills in the gaps between the airport weather stations that other weather services rely upon to generate forecasts - meaning our data is generated from actual data points in your neighborhood.
INTERACTIVE WEATHER & RADAR MAP
The most interactive weather map (WunderMap) on mobile allows you to select from different weather overlays including current conditions from our personal weather station network, animated radar, satellite, webcams, user-uploaded photos (WunderPhotos), and severe weather. Customize the map by selecting specific data layers or choose from the various map presets such as severe alerts, fire risk, active fires, hurricane and webcams.
- Sky reports let you tell us if the sky conditions we’re reporting are what you're actually observing. If you see something different you can report the conditions you're experiencing for the benefit of other app users.
- Hazard reports allow you to report any hazardous road conditions you experience to help other people in your area.
FREE Severe Weather Alerts Push Notifications
Easy SHARING capabilities allow you to share forecasts, maps and alerts with your friends and family.
About Weather Underground
Founded in 1995 as the first online weather service, Weather Underground supplies weather data solutions to the many of the leading media companies and millions of users across the globe through their mobile apps and website wunderground.com. With 33,000+ personal weather stations worldwide, Weather Underground is able to provide meaningful and reliable weather data to people in real-time. Weather Underground is part of the Weather Company and based in San Francisco, California.
- Current conditions from your local weather station include temperature, feels like temperatures, wind speed and direction, humidity, dew point, visibility, pressure, gusts and moon phase
- 10-day Forecasts including text summary
- Hourly Forecasts including sunrise and sunset
- Historical data
- Drag, drop or delete content modules to create a customized experience according to your data preferences
- Select between light or dark mode
- Interactive Map showing all weather stations in your neighborhood with animated radar, satellite, webcams and much more data
- List view of saved Favorite Locations and Recent Searches
- Crowd reporting feature empowers users to verify our data
- Twitter Integration – share weather data straight onto your Twitter handle and follow the latest weather trends on the Wunderground Twitter Feed
- Snow and Winter Sport reports
- Weather commentary from Dr Masters
- National Weather Service Radio
- Video Player
"The bar, as far as weather related apps are concerned, has been raised." –TapCentral.com
What's New in Version 3.3
- New app icon featuring the new Weather Underground logo
- Webcams available on home screen
- View local WunderPhotos and submit your own weather photos
- WunderPhotos layer also available on the map
- Customize your home screen - delete and move content modules
Love it! One thing, though...
I love this app! It is almost exactly like the website, and really thorough and convenient! I check it every day so I know what to wear and if I'll need my umbrella or not! I also love the fact that it tells you if it will be cooler or warmer than the day before, and if it is nighttime, it will tell you what it will be like the next day!
The only reason it has 4 stars instead of 5 is because I am going on a trip to a small town and I wanted to see what the weather would be like this weekend. I searched for it on the app, and it listed it but didn't have the town's weather forecast, so then I just went to the nearest town and I was disappointed when it only held the weather info for today :/ I would like it to have a weekly forecast available for other cities, but I didn't really search around after that, so it might have it anyways. Even if it does, though, I would really like it to be easily accessible from the search map area. It would be a lot more helpful and easy that way.
:) great app all around, though! That was my only (and extremely long :s ) complaint!
Cool new stuff but still unfixed bugs
Love new cams and pics and look, but seriously someone explain why I can't get the right forecast (below)!
If I give a crowd report, all my radar settings reset to default EVERY TIME! And
constantly completely wrong forecast, off by well more than 7 degrees DAILY! Yes u put the option for 'best forecast' vs 'nws' but that changes nothing! The idealized forecast of nws is used for both which is always wrong, literally. For instance we had a winter storm warning for .3" ice then 1" snow yet the forecast calls for sunny and mid 30s. And this has happened for months ever since u took away the best forecast option; Yes u put it back but it's just a facade, a fake button, because clicking between the two does NOT change the numbers at all, anywhere! It's kind of like the forecast is for another city, like Galveston, problem is I'm several hours north where the climate is very different; but the weather station is set on the one a few miles from our house. The only redeeming quality for which i must say I still constantly use this app are the push notification alerts and fantastic maps, but forget about ANY forecast details! I used to think it was cool that it went 10 days out in forecast but when it can't predict the same day forgive me for not trusting this app.
Awesome interface bad data
Updated: Loaded the new update and looks nice but wind data and direction continues to be worthless.
I have had this app for about 1 yr. I absolutely love the format of the user interface on mobile. About Oct of 2013 I began to notice the data (hourly) in the mobile app ( daily and hourly) didn't line up with the station history on the full wunderground web site or the data I collect from the weather station directly. First it was the wind. Then throughout the last 4 months it is clear the data (station history) coming to the mobile app is not mine. Info today @ 6a is Actual temp at midnight (Seattle Wa) 42, app shows ummm 73? Wind actual 0, app unmm 23? Actual rain .5in , app - zero rain. Serious zero rain in Seattle during the winter?
I have sent the issue to the developers for about a month. Not sure they even have seen my issue as there is zero response.
This is a fantastic way to organize information. But seriously data is all that matters and if my issue is an exception it would be great if someone would help resolve but apparently there isn't a two way exchange of information.
Update : day / hour data from weather station totally worthless.
- Category: Weather
- Updated: Apr 15, 2014
- Version: 3.3
- Size: 19.0 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Weather Underground, LLC
- Copyright © 2013 Weather Underground, Inc
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- One year ad-free weather$1.99