Weather Underground: Forecast
By Weather Underground, LLC
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Weather Underground for iPhone, iPad, and Apple Watch is your everything weather app. Powered by our network of 250,000+ personal weather stations, this app provides hyper-local forecasts and current conditions, interactive radar, customizable alerts, and much more to ensure you’re always prepared for whatever the weather brings.
• Get current conditions from local weather stations or drop a pin in your neighborhood
• Stay updated with the best weather data including temperature, “feels like”, wind speed
and direction, today’s rain accumulation, humidity, dew point, visibility, and pressure
• Swipe through hour-by-hour and 10-day forecasts including chance of precipitation and daily
• Compare today’s weather with local historical data
• Report local weather and hazards to help your community
• Monitor air quality, UV risk, and local flu outbreaks with the Health tile
• Know when first and last light will happen with the Sunrise/Sunset tile
• View the weather map’s improved layers including weather stations, radar, satellite, heat
map, rain accumulation, crowd reports and more
• Scroll through time with our interactive play-bar for radar and satellite
• Track global storms on the Hurricane and Tropical Storm tile
Get all your weather data at a glance with Weather Underground for Apple Watch. Quickly view current conditions, hourly and 10-day forecasts from local weather stations, and stay ahead of the storm with severe weather alerts and radar.
WIDGETS, ALERTS, & MORE!
• View weather at a glance in your notification center with forecast and radar widgets for iOS 10
• Keep an eye out for extreme weather with severe weather alerts
• Discover real-time weather on webcams around the world
• View stunning weather photos with the WunderPhotos tile
• Access Weather Underground’s wealth of online resources including ski reports,
infographics, scientific discussion and more
• Geek out with the weather radio tile
• Customize your experience with light & dark modes, map types, units and rearrangeable tiles
“Weather Underground combines a slick design with a focus on really useful weather information.” - PC Magazine
“What really helps this weather app stand out is its “hyper-local” data from enthusiast weather stations around the world." - TIME Magazine
About Weather Underground: Founded in 1995 as the first online weather service, Weather Underground supplies weather data solutions to the many of the leading media companies and millions of users across the globe through their mobile apps and website wunderground.com. With over 250,000 personal weather stations worldwide, Weather Underground is able to provide meaningful and reliable weather data to people in real-time. Weather Underground is part of the Weather Company and based in San Francisco, California.
What's New in Version 5.10.1
Crashing *more* since latest update
Edit to latest version: Wunderground, I *love* the format of your app, the type of data you provide, and particularly the fact that I can make the visual style dark as I have issues with my eyes and bright light.
However, it started crashing upon submission of a crowd report about a week before iOS 11 came out. I let it go, assuming y’all would fix it after all the iOS 11 bugs were worked out. It is now crashing twice: once within seconds of opening the app and still when I submit the crowd report, starting today. My iPad tells me there was an update to this app yesterday, which for me means it updated automatically overnight.
Please please please fix this once and for all. I use your Storm app as well - it does not crash. The only issue with Storm is that the videos have not updated since July.
Old review, 3 years ago:
This *was* my favorite weather app until I moved to a new city. I deleted my old cities, entered a new one, but still receive alerts constantly for the old cities and NONE for the new one. I even deleted the app and reinstalled. I contacted support. No response. I tried to contact them again but in order to do that, I have to install email on my iPhone which I refuse to do again just to send ONE message...my email is on one device and I'd like to keep it that way. Now I'm going to be forced to delete this app for good.
As a charter sailboat operator on outer Cape Cod, I have found Weather Underground generally useful, though uneven in performance. Their forecasts are generally accurate or at least as accurate as it is possible to be around here depending on the time of year. The ability to get information from local private weather stations is potentially a very useful feature; there is such a station at the local marina I operate from; however, efforts to contact weather underground to get their help in reestablishing connection has generated virtually no response. As other local weather stations are located at some distance from the harbor, their information is of little use to me. The review would have gotten more stars had Weather Underground eventually gotten around to responding to my inquiry.
Edit 2: WIDGET STILL DOESN’T MAINTAIN GRAPH/CONDITIONS SETTING STATE. Just remove it if you’re going to let it stay broken.
Edit: I can't believe the widget is still broken even after multiple "bugfix" releases. Seriously.
After the last update, which finally brought proper iOS 10 widget support, the widget itself was messed up. It doesn't obey graph/conditions settings in the app, nor does it remember it when you switch between the two on the widget itself. Furthermore, the short description is still wildly wrong. It almost always says that the thunderstorms will continue, despite the fact that it may be 30 degrees and snowing. To boot, the radar map is not expanded, nor expandable-- that's just ridiculous. Get the widgets fixed pronto. I don't want to keep paying a subscription for a broken app that you just can't seem to get right.
- Category: Weather
- Updated: Oct 19, 2017
- Version: 5.10.1
- Size: 263 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Weather Underground, LLC
- Copyright © 2011-2016 The Weather Channel LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- One year ad-free weather$1.99