Weather Underground: Forecasts, Interactive Radar, and Weather Alerts
By Weather Underground, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Weather Underground for iPhone, iPad, and Apple Watch is your everything weather app. Powered by our network of 180,000+ personal weather stations, this app provides hyper-local forecasts and current conditions, interactive radar, customizable alerts, and much more to ensure you’re always prepared for whatever the weather brings.
• Get current conditions from local weather stations or drop a pin in your neighborhood
• Stay updated with the best weather data including temperature, “feels like”, wind speed
and direction, today’s rain accumulation, humidity, dew point, visibility, and pressure
• Swipe through hour-by-hour and 10-day forecasts including chance of precipitation and daily
• Compare today’s weather with local historical data
• Report local weather and hazards to help your community
• Monitor air quality, UV risk, and local flu outbreaks with the Health tile
• Know when first and last light will happen with the Sunrise/Sunset tile
• View the weather map’s improved layers including weather stations, radar, satellite, heat
map, rain accumulation, crowd reports and more
• Scroll through time with our interactive play-bar for radar and satellite
• Track global storms on the Hurricane and Tropical Storm tile
Get all your weather data at a glance with Weather Underground for Apple Watch. Quickly view current conditions, hourly and 10-day forecasts from local weather stations, and stay ahead of the storm with severe weather alerts and radar.
WIDGETS, ALERTS, & MORE!
• View weather at a glance in your notification center with forecast and radar widgets for iOS 8
• Keep an eye out for extreme weather with severe weather alerts
• Discover real-time weather on webcams around the world
• View stunning weather photos with the WunderPhotos tile
• Access Weather Underground’s wealth of online resources including ski reports,
infographics, scientific discussion and more
• Geek out with the weather radio tile
• Customize your experience with light & dark modes, map types, units and rearrangeable tiles
“Weather Underground combines a slick design with a focus on really useful weather information.” - PC Magazine
“What really helps this weather app stand out is its “hyper-local” data from enthusiast weather stations around the world." - TIME Magazine
About Weather Underground: Founded in 1995 as the first online weather service, Weather Underground supplies weather data solutions to the many of the leading media companies and millions of users across the globe through their mobile apps and website wunderground.com. With over 180,000 personal weather stations worldwide, Weather Underground is able to provide meaningful and reliable weather data to people in real-time. Weather Underground is part of the Weather Company and based in San Francisco, California.
What's New in Version 5.7
• Apparate directly into our sister app for specialized map layers. The Storm app icons in the layers list will lead you to various magical lands, like Future Radar-opolis, Global Radar-ville, Windstream-enburg, and the Regional Map of Baron von Lightning-Strikes.
• Let's all take a deep breath... we added some weather-related detail to the background of our icon. (slow clap)
• Also we improved the text contrast on the map layers list. This concludes our biggest release ever.
Bad outweighs the good
Can't upload photos in spite of being registered and having uploaded many photos in last decade. From pc, iPhone, Firefox, Safari and Internet explorer, the upload fails or the drag and drop doesn't do anything. Annoying.
I like the 10 day forecast, this is my main source for long range curiosities (beyond 7 days). Also the notifications are amazing, they beat all other sources as far as quickness, sometimes they come before NOAA shows it on their site. It drives me insane that when I go to the notification pop up on my screen it doesn't take me to the report, it just takes me to the main wearherunderground page. And I have never been able to read any of the public information statements. The other things like warnings and special weather statements I can eventually navigate to by hitting the red 'I' next to the temperature on the main page, then swiping randomly looking for it amongst many others. Radar is absolutely terrible compared with radarscope; no detail, few frames, it's made for people that simply want to see if it will or won't rain. I do like the weather radio station link and that it works with the screen locked, nice! And I guess I use it sometimes to see temperature/wind at stations nearby. But why is the forecast discussion buried deep in the page? Overall it's difficult to use and most things are bad, but a few nice features keep it on my phone until I can find a replacement.
Before the update this app was fantastic. It was functional, reliable, attractive, easy to use, easy to learn. It stood out as one of the best among all apps, not just weather apps. Now it's just mediocre, like everything else. It seems to have a lot more bugs than before. I live in CT and it's early December, it says yesterday the high was 176 degrees. It has completely lost accuracy, the functionality is cluttered and a bit harder to find what you're looking for, and it's not too attractive anymore. Before the update all it may have needed was a few minor tweaks but the new redesign seems to have built in flaws. The only plus is some of the new features like the weather webcams.
The current version is much better. I'm not sure what version my last review was on but it was many updates ago. Also, I really enjoy the update release notes. Best release notes ever
Best weather app
I don't usually write reviews. And no the app did not 'nag' me to write a review either (thank you for not including that terrible 'feature' that other apps have). But this app is so great I had to give it 5 stars.
First off you get the weather forecast compared to yesterday. This is so much more meaningful than a bunch of numbers .... I can see if it's going to be warmer, cooler, much warmer, etc. compared to something I've just felt.
Second the forecast is shown as a chart so again you can see the rise and fall of the temperature in the forecast and at a glance the warmest and coldest days and times of day stand out. Precipitation and wind forecasts are great too.
Third of all they have great animated maps so you can see where the precipitation is coming from and get a sense of storms etc. that are coming.
Last but not least this is super accurate! I live in SF where a lot of weather forecasts are just plain wrong. But this app uses local weather stations so it can track actual weather in local neighborhoods and produce a better forecast.
Thank you for a great app!
- Category: Weather
- Updated: May 02, 2016
- Version: 5.7
- Size: 43.1 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Weather Underground, LLC
- Copyright © 2011-2016 The Weather Channel LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- One year ad-free weather$1.99