Weather Underground: Forecasts, Interactive Radar, and Weather Alerts
By Weather Underground, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Weather Underground for iPhone, iPad, and Apple Watch is your everything weather app. Powered by our network of 180,000+ personal weather stations, this app provides hyper-local forecasts and current conditions, interactive radar, customizable alerts, and much more to ensure you’re always prepared for whatever the weather brings.
• Get current conditions from local weather stations or drop a pin in your neighborhood
• Stay updated with the best weather data including temperature, “feels like”, wind speed
and direction, today’s rain accumulation, humidity, dew point, visibility, and pressure
• Swipe through hour-by-hour and 10-day forecasts including chance of precipitation and daily
• Compare today’s weather with local historical data
• Report local weather and hazards to help your community
• Monitor air quality, UV risk, and local flu outbreaks with the Health tile
• Know when first and last light will happen with the Sunrise/Sunset tile
• View the weather map’s improved layers including weather stations, radar, satellite, heat
map, rain accumulation, crowd reports and more
• Scroll through time with our interactive play-bar for radar and satellite
• Track global storms on the Hurricane and Tropical Storm tile
Get all your weather data at a glance with Weather Underground for Apple Watch. Quickly view current conditions, hourly and 10-day forecasts from local weather stations, and stay ahead of the storm with severe weather alerts and radar.
WIDGETS, ALERTS, & MORE!
• View weather at a glance in your notification center with forecast and radar widgets for iOS 8
• Keep an eye out for extreme weather with severe weather alerts
• Discover real-time weather on webcams around the world
• View stunning weather photos with the WunderPhotos tile
• Access Weather Underground’s wealth of online resources including ski reports,
infographics, scientific discussion and more
• Geek out with the weather radio tile
• Customize your experience with light & dark modes, map types, units and rearrangeable tiles
“Weather Underground combines a slick design with a focus on really useful weather information.” - PC Magazine
“What really helps this weather app stand out is its “hyper-local” data from enthusiast weather stations around the world." - TIME Magazine
About Weather Underground: Founded in 1995 as the first online weather service, Weather Underground supplies weather data solutions to the many of the leading media companies and millions of users across the globe through their mobile apps and website wunderground.com. With over 180,000 personal weather stations worldwide, Weather Underground is able to provide meaningful and reliable weather data to people in real-time. Weather Underground is part of the Weather Company and based in San Francisco, California.
What's New in Version 5.7.2
* We found Atlantis, but can't seem to find the polar sea ice (our bad).
* We figured out the Bermuda Triangle's weather pattern. It's a square.
In our remaining free time:
* We fixed the forecast tile for remote areas. Use case: you check the app while running the Inca Trail. We used to show you a blank forecast tile. Now we'll show you Machu Picchu's future. Too bad this wasn't available 480 years ago.
* We upmade bettered translations.
* We hope you notice that radar sticks around longer when panning the map. In case you're curious, we stopped purging the map overlay's animatedImages property until the network handler returns a new static image. Here at Weather Underground, we believe in showing you how the sausage is made.
Wish I could stay connected
Have used this program for a long time and it worked great. However Apple upgraded the operating system and now the program only works half the time now. I contacted my weather station company Acurite and they advise the weather station and data is correct. Weather underground advises my data is bad. I don't know who is right. Weather underground refuses to acknowledge they have a problem. The won't email me back. Not a happy camper. If they correct the problems maybe I will upgrade my review.
Well they finally emailed me back and said its my weather station not working properly. I contacted Acurite and they say the weather station is working properly. Really fed up with both at this point. I don't know who to believe. I have a very expensive and accurate hand held weather hawk 350 which reads the same as my Acurite 5-1 weather station. So weather underground spears to be my problem here. It appears to me that if there is a 4 degree difference they drop my weather station from the map and say DATA INCORRECT. THIS IS BS.
They need to update their parameters so all stations appear on the map. Don't tell me to put my weather station in the shade. That is not a real reading. If I put it in the shade nothing else works. The wind, the rain all have incorrect readings. If my station reads 105 degrees and its in the sun IT IS 105 degrees. Not in the shade reading of 90degrees and because of this not list it on the map.
My number one weather app
The weather underground keeps improving this app with every update. It is now my number one weather app. I am also a member of the weather underground and have a Davis weather station on line with them. I compare my WeatherStation data with their app data and it is always current. So far I have not encountered any problems with this app. If I do I'll let you know. To the individual having a problem with his Acurite station I too have an Acurite station which is mounted 2.5 geet from my Davis station and is modeled after that Davis. They are both in the sun on the roof. I also have three other wireless temperature probes placed in the shade on the north side of a tree. The Davis Station and these other temperature probes are within a degree of each other. The Acurite has never been correct being off by many degrees in the daytime because of solar heating. In the night it is within a degree. I gave up on Chinese made weather stations and that is why I went to the Davis because if I was going to put data on the Weather Underground it needed to be accurate. From my experience I'm afraid your station is the problem.
Simply the best
I've had this app since day one of it's launch and it is simply the best weather app in the App Store.
Now this is only my personal opinion.
As with all apps they are a tool made by a person and as we all know no one is perfect so what we make is not perfect either there are problems with every app it just depends on if your willing to accept these shortcomings personally with this app as with all apps.
The number of reviews should speak for themselves which by the way are mostly positive but the only way you really know if your going to like something is to own it and use it and draw your own conclusions.
This is a dependable and accurate weather app it uses local private weather stations in most instances to get its data so you know your getting accurate information that is usually pretty close to your location not from a city that's 20-45min away from you.
- Category: Weather
- Updated: Jun 07, 2016
- Version: 5.7.2
- Size: 43.6 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Weather Underground, LLC
- Copyright © 2011-2016 The Weather Channel LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- One year ad-free weather$1.99