Always stay up to date with the weather with a stylish weather widget on your desktop! A selection of attractive widget designs to choose from.
Use the widget to give you an overview of the weather, or for a more in-depth forecast you can open the detailed weather window.
The Weather Widget app icon also gives you a brief forecast or overview of current conditions in both the Dock and the menu bar.
- Forecast locations worldwide
- Multiple locations support
- Imperial or Metric units (F & mph or C & km/h)
- Start at login option
- Choose from a selection of widget design options
- Move your widget anywhere on your desktop with the Click & Drag feature in the app preferences
- Option to resize your widget
- Option to change opacity of your widget (make it see-through)
- Hot corner functionality: set a hot corner to instantly reveal desktop & widget by moving mouse to that corner
- “Show Desktop” functionality: moves all windows away to show desktop & widget after a set period of inactivity
Menu bar Weather
- Menu bar can be set to show current temperature, forecast or wind
- One click on menu bar shows brief drop-down forecast
- Easy access to app menu to open detailed weather window and app settings
- Click the dock icon once to bring up the detailed weather window
+ improved weather forecast accuracy and reliability
+ improvements and bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Does what I need it to do
I just wanted a weather widget for my menu bar, that’s it! This app does just that and seems to work just fine. I don’t need the graphic on my desktop (nice style options to choose from btw) and the developers make it easy to not utilize the desktop graphic and keep the app hidden in the dock while it still displays temp in the menu bar. You can also have it load at startup with these settings and outside of a white box that appeared for several seconds it still works.
Temperature does not stay current
The graphics are great and functionally it is exactly what I want in a desktop app.
But the temperature is updated so infrequently that it is often ten degrees behind what the weather actually is outside. For example, at 8 am it will say the temperature is 55 degrees. At 1 pm it will still say 55 degrees, even though the temperature has gone up to 66 degrees (as multiple other weather sources confirm). Eventually it catches up - by 5 pm it shows 72 degrees, which is the same as the temperature outside (as confirmed by other weather sources).
In short: if you want to know what the temperature is right now, it’s useless.
Accurate and Stylish.
This is the third desktop weather widget I’ve tried and I totally love it.
It’s accurate and the features are easy to read.
The graphics and animation's are extremely appealing.
It updates immediately when I turn my computer on..which is surprising and helpful, as
I don’t need to open my browser for a weather condition check.
- Voros Innovation & Business Services Pty Ltd
- 286.4 MB
OS X 10.10 or later, 64-bit processor
English, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © VorInn 2018
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.