WeatherBug - Weather Forecasts & Alerts
By Earth Networks, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
WeatherBug® provides real-time, neighborhood-level weather forecasts for 2.6 million locations worldwide.
Get the fastest severe weather alerts and exclusive Spark™ lightning proximity alerts that tell you exactly how far away lightning is and if you’re in danger. Visualize the weather around you with over 16 dynamic map layers - now with new features and expanded functionality. Even find out how the weather impacts your home energy use with WeatherBug Home!
Know Before® with these awesome features:
• NEW Account Management – Sign in using your Facebook or WeatherBug account to access exclusive features! Plus, we’ll remember all your saved locations and settings across multiple devices.
• NEW Storm Track Map Layer – Monitor current storms to track their direction, intensity and any occurrences of life-threatening lightning.
• WeatherBug Home – How will the weather impact your home energy usage? WeatherBug Home shows you the difference a few thermostat degrees can make to your utility bill, energy use, and carbon footprint! Even connect your Honeywell or Nest thermostat, or your utility account for custom insights tailored to your actual usage!
• Real-Time Pin-Point Forecasts – Get the most accurate current, hourly and 10-day weather forecasts for 2.6 million locations worldwide.
• Know Before Weather Alerts – Exclusive Dangerous Thunderstorm Alerts (DTAs) provide 50% faster warnings to severe weather. Plus, get all National Weather Service warnings and watches to stay informed of severe weather conditions at all your current and saved locations.
• Spark Lightning Alerts – Unique, innovative and first of its kind, Spark turns your smartphone into a personal lightning detector. Get minute-by-minute, mile-by-mile lightning proximity alerts!
• Enhanced Interactive Map – Experience the most comprehensive weather map with over 16 layers, like Doppler radar, lightning, alerts, humidity, pressure, wind speed, high/low forecast, traffic, satellite imaging and more.
• Live Weather Cams – View live images from over 2,000 weather cameras across the U.S. to get a better picture of the weather at destinations near and far.
• Live Traffic Cams – Avoid traffic headaches. Our live traffic cams help you see driving conditions before you get jammed.
• Lifestyle Forecasts – Should I exercise outside or go to the gym? Do I cancel this weekend’s BBQ? Our Lifestyle Forecasts identify and analyze specific weather conditions to advise you how best to stay comfortable and have fun!
• Photos Section – View amazing photos from fellow WeatherBug users and share photos right from your device.
• Weather News – Stay up-to-date on the weather around you with breaking weather stories from the WeatherBug Meteorology team.
• Hurricane Center – Investigate past hurricanes and track current hurricanes as they happen!
• Conditional Backgrounds – Find out if it will be clear, cloudy or rainy at-a-glance!
Be prepared. Know Before™. Download the app used and loved by millions, voted the “Best Weather App Ever” and trusted as a “Best App for Moms”, WeatherBug!
What's New in Version 4.2.1
•Enhanced map functions
•Several stability and performance enhancements
Used to be good...
Weather Bug used to pretty good. It had a simple, straight forward interface. You could pay once to remove ads. Most everything it did was useful, quick and easy. Unfortunately, it has gotten worse with each "upgrade" by adding interface features that just slow it down and get in the way. To get rid of ads, you have to pay every year. Whoever came up with the new location pins must have never used the app on an IOS platform. They are horrible and are the indicative of the the direction the developers have been going with this app.
It's finally reached my limit of tolerance and has been deleted. It's become the perfect example of "slick and pretty" being more important than usability and usefulness. For now, it looks like Weatherunderground Storm App and the NOAA Hi-def Radar App will be getting my money.
Even now still a Great collected math and accurate science
Once again: Very local and accurate temps and forecasts. The ONLY weather software that provides my true local area data and even for the days ahead it shares accurate and strong prediction of winds and estimate times for rain and snow. Got me thru last few winters with no surprise when snow came and temperatures dropped, thus it is Outstanding!! Latest update continues to stay above and beyond!! Let's enjoy the seasonal weather and when snow comes again wear spikes if you run on snow and or ice!
Each update gets worse.
With each update that this app makes, it become slower and glitchier.
My phone auto-updated it a couple nights ago and when I went to check the weather, it wouldn't load at all, even though my internet was working fine. So I had to delete it since I thought perhaps reinstalling would help. But it didn't. The app doesn't work at all anymore. And won't connect. I can't set up my location because it doesn't load and I can't check the weather because it doesn't load.
It's quite unfortunate, since this was my favourite app to use for checking the weather. It was always the most accurate for me.
Now I have to find something else.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Weather
- Updated: Jan 07, 2016
- Version: 4.2.1
- Size: 86.2 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Portuguese, Spanish
- Seller: Earth Networks, Inc.
- © Earth Networks, 2013
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Ad Free Yearly$2.99