WeatherBug - Local Weather, Radar, Maps, Alerts
By Earth Networks, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Download the most popular free weather app powered by the largest professional weather network in the world! Our weather network delivers the fastest alerts and the best real-time forecasts (current, hourly and 10-day).
“I love WeatherBug! It’s always accurate & is the first place I go for up-to-the minute weather!” –iOS User
It's easy to use and has 18 different weather maps including Doppler radar, lightning, wind, temperature, alerts, pressure, and humidity. Join millions who rely on WeatherBug every day!
TRACK ANY CONDITION
• North American Doppler Radar: See Doppler radar across the United States, Canada, Mexico, Alaska & Hawaii
• PulseRad® radar: Get radar for many international locations using patented Earth Networks Total Lightning Network® technology.
• Real-Time Pinpoint Forecasts: Get the most accurate current, hourly and 10-day weather forecasts
• Enhanced Interactive Map: Visualize weather conditions with 18 weather maps
• Spark Lightning Alerts: Your personal lightning detector, Spark gives you minute-by-minute, mile-by-mile lightning proximity alerts
• Real-Time Traffic Conditions: View current traffic conditions to better plan your day
• Apple Watch Support: Get vital weather information directly on your Apple Watch, including alerts, glances, and complications
• Lifestyle Forecasts: Know how weather will impact your sports games, workouts, allergies, chronic pain and much more
• Hurricane Center: Stay informed of all hurricane forecasts and changing conditions to protect you and your loved ones
LARGEST WEATHER NETWORK
• Forecasts for 2.6 million+ locations worldwide
• Largest total lightning detection network
• 10,000+ professional-grade weather stations
• Live weather & traffic cameras
FASTEST WEATHER ALERTS
• Get notified of severe weather 50% faster with our exclusive Dangerous Thunderstorm Alerts
• Receive all National Weather Service watches and warnings
• Find out how the weather will impact your home energy usage given the current weather conditions
• Connect your Wi-Fi thermostat or utility account for insights tailored to your usage
Be prepared. Know Before™. Download the app used and loved by millions, voted the “Best Weather App for iPads” by AppPicker, and “Best App for Moms” by Parent Magazine - WeatherBug!
What's New in Version 4.4.9
Thank you for using WeatherBug! We bring updates to the app store regularly which include bug fixes and improvements to speed and reliability. We'll make sure you know when new features become available.
Late Tornado Warning!!?
Ok, first off I have really loved this app for years. I love the radar interface and the forecasts, but most of all I loved and depended on the NWS alerts it broadcasts. I set the app to where an alarm on my phone would go off should something like a tornado watch or warning occur and I trusted that this function worked and would keep me updated in times of severe weather. However, a storm system came through my county a few days ago and a Tornado Warning was issued in my county and the surrounding counties. I didn't hear or see a peep from the app until 30 minutes after the warning was issued. The only reason I was aware of the warning was because I was watching tv at the time and the blaring alarm came on. I then checked WeatherBug and its alerts section and nothing. No severe weather warning, no tornado watch, and no tornado warning for over 30 minutes. If I hadn't seen the alert on the TV I wouldn't have known to take shelter and now I am afraid that a tornado will come again in the middle of the night when I need the app the most and I will be unaware of the danger outdoors. 30 minutes can be deadly since tornadoes can pop up in minutes. Do not trust this app for updated NWS alerts. Do not trust this app with your life. I know that I won't anymore.
All the info you need in a clean interface
Maybe there are better weather apps out there, I don't know. I used the native weather app for a long time and that's about it until I downloaded WeatherBug.
I'm not a weather nut and I am guilty of forgetting to check the weather all the time- but this app has inspired me to become more engaged in what's going on up in the sky!
I like the interface for quickly checking what the weather will be like as I rush to get ready for work or class, and if I'm not in a rush the other features are nice to have too. It took me maybe 20 minutes to thoroughly explore and get used to all the features.
The radar view is great for my minimal needs and usually renders itself much more quickly and reliably than other radars I have used in the past. And when my long Minnesotan winter is over, its really fun to be able to see real time lightning strikes in my area as thunderstorms blow through!
I give 4 stars instead of 5 because the ads are obnoxiously placed. Keep them at the bottom where they belong, not in the middle of my weather information. I know this won't change anything because it probably annoys enough people to actually buy the "no ads" subscription which really is reasonably priced compared to other apps. Move the ads to the bottom banner and it would easily be 5/5!
WATCH OUT! MAJOR DATA HOG!
I'm a long time user of "The Bug" and I do like this app. I especially like that it allows you to pick the specific weather station in your area that you want to see. I also like that they now put a pin on the map showing your location, finally! Thanks folks! But, in an attempt to reduce my phone bill, I've become data usage conscious. I've been watching it now for a couple of months and found that Weather Bug uses something like 100X more data than Google Maps, and something like 25X more data than Dark Sky. I have no idea why that would be or if it's specific to my phone/situation. But sadly it is what is happening in my hands so I've switched cellular data off for Weather Bug and now mainly use Dark Sky when I'm out and about. I've reported the issue twice via the app but never received a reply.
- Category: Weather
- Updated: Jan 09, 2017
- Version: 4.4.9
- Size: 94.6 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Portuguese, Spanish
- Seller: Earth Networks, Inc.
- © Earth Networks, 2013
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Ad Free Yearly$2.99