Download the most popular free weather app powered by the largest professional weather network in the world!
WeatherBug is easy to use and provides forecasts for your every need, from storm warnings to pollen levels. Our weather network delivers the fastest alerts and the best real-time forecasts (current, hourly and 10-day).
The weather app has 18 different weather maps, including: Doppler radar, lightning, wind, temperature, alerts, pressure, and humidity.
Join the millions who rely on WeatherBug for weather forecasts every day!
“I love WeatherBug! It’s always accurate & is the first place I go for up-to-the minute weather!” –iOS User
YOUR WEATHER FORECAST
• Real-Time Pinpoint Forecasts: Get the most accurate current, hourly and 10-day weather forecasts
• Enhanced Interactive Map: Visualize weather conditions with 18 weather maps
• Lifestyle Forecasts: Know how the weather will impact your trips, workouts, allergies, chronic pain and much more
• Weather Widget: Customize your alerts and display with weather widgets
• Weather Alerts: get alerted to weather conditions and storms
TRACK ANY CONDITION
• North American Doppler Radar: Doppler radar across the US, Canada, Mexico, Alaska & Hawaii
• PulseRad® Radar: radar for many international locations using patented Earth Networks Total Lightning Network® technology.
• Spark Lightning Alerts: get minute-by-minute, mile-by-mile lightning proximity alerts
• Hurricane Center: hurricane forecasts and changing conditions stay informed
• Winter Weather: Plan ahead with our 10-day snow depth forecast and stay safe in severe winter conditions with our real-time snow storm alerts
MORE THAN JUST RAIN
• Pollen Count: Keep your allergies in check by knowing what the local pollen conditions are like
• Real-Time Traffic Conditions: View local traffic conditions to better plan your day
• Air Quality: Get an in-depth look at the air quality around you
• Precise Weather Details: Wind speed, UV index, weather observations and more
LARGEST WEATHER NETWORK
• Forecasts for 2.6 million+ locations worldwide
• Largest total lightning detection network
• 10,000+ professional-grade weather stations
• Live weather & traffic cameras
FASTEST WEATHER ALERTS
• Get notified of severe weather 50% faster with our Dangerous Thunderstorm Alerts
• Receive all NWS and NOAA watches and warnings
APPLE WATCH SUPPORT
• Get vital weather information directly on your Apple Watch, including alerts, glances, and complications
CONNECT WITH US
• Like us on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/WeatherBug
• Follow us on Twitter - @WeatherBug
• Check us out on Instagram - @weatherbug
• Check out WeatherBug's YouTube weather channel broadcast here: https://www.youtube.com/user/WeatherBugVideo
• Read our Know Before blog - http://knowbefore.weatherbug.com
Be prepared. Know Before™. Download the weather forecast app used and loved by millions, voted the “Best Weather App for iPads” by AppPicker, and “Best App for Moms” by Parent Magazine: WeatherBug!
This app may include “Interest-Based Ads” (see https://www.weatherbug.com/legal/privacy#AC) for more information) and may collect or share “Precise Location Data” (see https://www.weatherbug.com/legal/privacy#PLD for more information).
We regularly update our app to include the latest bug fixes and improve speed and reliability.
Ratings and Reviews
Build me up, just to break me down
Downloaded WeatherBug app about 2 weeks ago and really liked it and then... the update. Initially, I was quite impressed and pleased with the push notification weather alerts for severe weather. I especially liked that the weather alerts would push to my phone at least 15 minutes before any of my other - even local - weather apps and that they even had a “dangerous storm warning” notification, which was correct each time I received it. The widget worked wonderfully as well and was probably my second favorite feature.
Enter the update. Dun dun DUUUNNNN! It completely killed everything I enjoyed and appreciated about the app. I’ve not received a single push notification since nor has the widget been functional despite deleting the app and all its data from both my phone and AppStore account. The widget simply asks that I open the app and agree to TOU and PP, which is not even an option. You agree to the TOU upon initial launch of the app but that does not give the widget functionality. I also dislike that I am unable to remove the township that the app has deemed my home/current location and set it to the correct area as it is mistakenly locating me in another town.
Sadly and disappointedly I am deleting the app permanently unless the next version, which seem to be released monthly, remedies these debilitating flaws and restores the app to its previous performance and reliability.
Hi there! We are really sorry to hear about your bad experience. We definitely want to look into this issue and make sure that it is corrected. When you have time, please send us an email to email@example.com so that we can understand the problem better and try to fix it for you. Sorry for the inconvenience. We appreciate your feedback!
Terribly slow and contradicting
It’s horribly slow to load any new info without jumping through hoops. Start switching cities, close out of it completely to name a couple and the radar is spotty at best. What I mean is huge chunks of the radar image are missing, conveniently it’s usually missing around the area I’m trying to look at. Does me no good if the nearest radar image is 200 miles away. Also the hourly and the 10 day rarely if ever jive. 10 day forecast may say %80 chance of storms this afternoon, the hourly will say sunny the whole time with %0 chance of rain and I suppose I could check the radar but oh wait, it doesn’t work. This app used to be absolutely perfect when I first got it in 2012 but now it’s just a headache. It’d be great if you fixed it but it is free so I guess I shouldn’t complain too much.
So a few days later they claimed to have looked into the issue and corrected it. I’m telling you I wish everyone worked like these guys! It’s fixed and works flawlessly! The level of support and attention they paid to my measly whining is outstanding. You guys are top notch, thank you. I work outside so having a good weather app is important and you guys are spot on
Hi there! Thank you for your feedback. The WeatherBug team has noted all your feedback. We will definitely look into this issue and do our best to keep providing you with accurate weather information. Sorry for the inconvenience. We appreciate your continued support!
Guys... this was ridiculous.
As many of you know, and clearly this app was aware, there was a hurricane that affected the Carolinas etc. Once upon a time I loved this app, but since this hurricane hit, I cannot believe how repetitive and unhelpful this app was. I got CONSTANT notifications about extended hurricane statements, flash flood statements, and tornado statements. Those are all well and good THE FIRST TIME THEY ARE ISSUED. I had 15+ notifications while trying to conserve phone battery, I eventually turned them off. They also arrived 10+ mins later than TWC (which could be service provider related but not the point of this rant).
What would have been most helpful Weatherbug, would have been actual storm updates. We had no power, no radio (our own fault) and couldn’t load a single app to see the radar, but thank god notifications came through.... giving us location/wind speed/ANYTHING useful would have been better.
Don’t get rid of the statement updates completely.. maybe just start them as indefinite when there is a hurricane present.
LASTLY, the notification that said: “Florence made landfall Friday in North Carolina! Watch the latest footage of the storm on weatherbug.” FORGET YOU. I LIVED THROUGH IT, had a tree fall on the roof while I was trying to sleep I KNOW A HURRICANE CAME THROUGH THATS INSENSITIVE AND UNFREAKINGHELPFUL.
I have screen shots to prove all of this.
Hi there! We are really sorry to hear about your bad experience. All the alerts about Florence came from the National Weather Service and are required to be delivered to the user. If you receive multiple notifications, it is possible you have more than one location, affected by the storm, saved in your app. Sorry for the inconvenience. Thank you for your Feedback.
- xAd, Inc.
- 201.7 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, French, German, Japanese, Portuguese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © WeatherBug
- In-App Purchases
- Get Ad-Free Weather $2.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.