WeatherBug - Weather Forecasts and Alerts
By Earth Networks, Inc.
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Get all the weather information you need straight from your menu bar with WeatherBug! See real-time weather conditions, get severe weather alerts, check the hourly forecast, and see a live radar view for all your favorite locations.
Download the weather app powered by the largest professional weather network in the world! Our weather network delivers the fastest alerts and the best real-time forecasts.
• Get quick access to detailed weather data for all your favorite locations
• See accurate current weather conditions and hourly weather forecasts
• Receive weather alerts directly in your menu bar so you can track severe weather
• View a live map for all your favorite locations
LARGEST WEATHER NETWORK
• Forecasts for 2.6 million+ locations worldwide
• Largest total lightning detection network
• 10,000+ professional-grade weather stations
• Click through to our live weather & traffic cameras
FASTEST WEATHER ALERTS
• Get notified of severe weather 50% faster with our exclusive Dangerous Thunderstorm Alerts
• Receive all National Weather Service watches and warnings
Be prepared. Know Before™. Download WeatherBug for your Mac today!
What's New in Version 1.0.2
Get the latest version including new features requested by valued users like you! This new release includes:
• Menu bar getting too crowded? Now you can decide how much weather you want to see. Check out our new settings to see our new menu bar icons.
Send us your ideas on how to make WeatherBug even better to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Love Weatherbug !!!
Ok, Let’s start off be saying it is not as great for the Mac as the PC. But, It works wonderful and smooth. The features it has for a free app is WONDERFUL ! The weather is accurate, it has every location available, the radar works great and it shows you the temp on your menu bar without clicking on it ! Most apps charge for that feature.
Yes there are ads. Like every free app. Hopefully that will change when they come out with their upgrade app for a fee.
I don’t get what the negative rating reviewers are saying. I have it installed on 3 of my MACS. No problems. Maybe they are running old MAC os’s or something.
Oh well. All I know is Weatherbug seems like a good app to me.
Bug: Cannot Remove Autostart
I’ve used Weatherbug for years on both Windows and Mac computers, and it’s one of the top (free) weather apps out there. Better than many paid apps, too (of which I have several). However, I have noticed that unchecking the “Launch at Startup” option does not prevent the app from starting up every time I boot my Mac.
The app is, of course, a front-end to Weatherbug’s web site, which is chock full of information, forecasts and warnings. However, there are times when I’d just like to see this information in the menu bar without having to launch a web browser. It is what it is, though. That’s how the app is designed. I just wish I could easily (without having to tear apart launchctl) disable to autostart.
Best Weather App
I love how easy it is to use, it has a simple but effective top bar feature!! It’s perfect, I was so unhappy with all the other apps I tried, this one nails it!! Thank you!!