Download the most popular free weather app powered by the largest professional weather network in the world! Our weather network delivers the fastest alerts and the best real-time forecasts (current, hourly and 10-day).
“I love WeatherBug! It’s always accurate & is the first place I go for up-to-the minute weather!” –iOS User
It's easy to use and has 18 different weather maps including Doppler radar, lightning, wind, temperature, alerts, pressure, and humidity. Join millions who rely on WeatherBug every day!
TRACK ANY CONDITION
• North American Doppler Radar: See Doppler radar across the United States, Canada, Mexico, Alaska & Hawaii
• PulseRad® Radar: Get radar for many international locations using patented Earth Networks Total Lightning Network® technology.
• Real-Time Pinpoint Forecasts: Get the most accurate current, hourly and 10-day weather forecasts
• Enhanced Interactive Map: Visualize weather conditions with 18 weather maps
• Spark Lightning Alerts: Your personal lightning detector, Spark gives you minute-by-minute, mile-by-mile lightning proximity alerts
• Real-Time Traffic Conditions: View current traffic conditions to better plan your day
• Apple Watch Support: Get vital weather information directly on your Apple Watch, including alerts, glances, and complications
• Lifestyle Forecasts: Know how weather will impact your sports games, workouts, allergies, chronic pain and much more
• Hurricane Center: Stay informed of all hurricane forecasts and changing conditions to protect you and your loved ones
• Winter Weather: Plan ahead with our 10-day snow depth forecast and stay safe in severe winter conditions with our real-time snow storm alerts
LARGEST WEATHER NETWORK
• Forecasts for 2.6 million+ locations worldwide
• Largest total lightning detection network
• 10,000+ professional-grade weather stations
• Live weather & traffic cameras
FASTEST WEATHER ALERTS
• Get notified of severe weather 50% faster with our Dangerous Thunderstorm Alerts
• Receive all NWS and NOAA watches and warnings
Check out WeatherBug's YouTube weather channel broadcast here: https://www.youtube.com/user/WeatherBugVideo
Be prepared. Know Before™. Download the app used and loved by millions, voted the “Best Weather App for iPads” by AppPicker, and “Best App for Moms” by Parent Magazine - WeatherBug!
This app may include “Interest-Based Ads” (see https://www.weatherbug.com/legal/privacy#AC) for more information) and may collect or share “Precise Location Data” (see https://www.weatherbug.com/legal/privacy#PLD for more information).
We have now released our new fire section to help you stay informed on the active wildfires around you. We have also released a new Augmented Reality feature in the Air Quality section where you can experience air particles floating around.
We regularly update our app to include the latest bug fixes and improve speed and reliability.
Ratings and Reviews
Build me up, just to break me down
Downloaded WeatherBug app about 2 weeks ago and really liked it and then... the update. Initially, I was quite impressed and pleased with the push notification weather alerts for severe weather. I especially liked that the weather alerts would push to my phone at least 15 minutes before any of my other - even local - weather apps and that they even had a “dangerous storm warning” notification, which was correct each time I received it. The widget worked wonderfully as well and was probably my second favorite feature.
Enter the update. Dun dun DUUUNNNN! It completely killed everything I enjoyed and appreciated about the app. I’ve not received a single push notification since nor has the widget been functional despite deleting the app and all its data from both my phone and AppStore account. The widget simply asks that I open the app and agree to TOU and PP, which is not even an option. You agree to the TOU upon initial launch of the app but that does not give the widget functionality. I also dislike that I am unable to remove the township that the app has deemed my home/current location and set it to the correct area as it is mistakenly locating me in another town.
Sadly and disappointedly I am deleting the app permanently unless the next version, which seem to be released monthly, remedies these debilitating flaws and restores the app to its previous performance and reliability.
Hi there! We are really sorry to hear about your bad experience. We definitely want to look into this issue and make sure that it is corrected. When you have time, please send us an email to email@example.com so that we can understand the problem better and try to fix it for you. Sorry for the inconvenience. We appreciate your feedback!
Terribly slow and contradicting
It’s horribly slow to load any new info without jumping through hoops. Start switching cities, close out of it completely to name a couple and the radar is spotty at best. What I mean is huge chunks of the radar image are missing, conveniently it’s usually missing around the area I’m trying to look at. Does me no good if the nearest radar image is 200 miles away. Also the hourly and the 10 day rarely if ever jive. 10 day forecast may say %80 chance of storms this afternoon, the hourly will say sunny the whole time with %0 chance of rain and I suppose I could check the radar but oh wait, it doesn’t work. This app used to be absolutely perfect when I first got it in 2012 but now it’s just a headache. It’d be great if you fixed it but it is free so I guess I shouldn’t complain too much.
So a few days later they claimed to have looked into the issue and corrected it. I’m telling you I wish everyone worked like these guys! It’s fixed and works flawlessly! The level of support and attention they paid to my measly whining is outstanding. You guys are top notch, thank you. I work outside so having a good weather app is important and you guys are spot on
Hi there! Thank you for your feedback. The WeatherBug team has noted all your feedback. We will definitely look into this issue and do our best to keep providing you with accurate weather information. Sorry for the inconvenience. We appreciate your continued support!
Used to be better
When I first downloaded this app several years ago it used to load information much faster, and more consistently. Now, many years and updates later, it rarely even loads any information when i am connected to wifi. The app will open and load the temperature on the home (default) screen when connected to wifi, but I have to turn off the wifi on my iphone, ensure I am connected to my cellular network, and switch between the “now”, “hourly”, and “10 Day” tabs in order to get the app to load information. It started doing this over a year ago. Initially I thought my Wi-Fi connection at home was just poor, but it turns out that I have the same problem connected to any Wi-Fi signal. I have also had this problem with 2 separate iphones. I occasionally delete the app and redownload it just to see if the problem may be a fluke, but I always end up with the same problem. This used to be my favorite weather app, but now I am exploring other apps because of my frustration with this issue. I still love the weather bug app, and in my opinion it has the very best radar maps of any app available. I just hate having to go through so many steps in order to get this app to function the way it is intended to. Please fix this!!!!!
- xAd, Inc.
- 200.5 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, French, German, Japanese, Portuguese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © WeatherBug
- In-App Purchases
- Get Ad-Free Weather $2.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.