WeatherBug - Free Local Weather Forecast, Radar Map & Severe Storm Alerts
By Earth Networks, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Download the most popular weather app powered by the largest professional weather network in the world! Our weather network delivers the fastest alerts and the best real-time forecasts (current, 10 day and hourly). It's easy to use and has over 17 map layers including Doppler radar, lightning, wind, temperature, pressure and humidity. Join millions who rely on WeatherBug every day!
• Lifestyle forecast: Get the latest snow & ski information and forecasts for popular resorts and locations worldwide!
• Weather News: Watch breaking and exciting weather videos and stay updated on the latest news
TRACK ANY WEATHER CONDITION
• Real-Time Pinpoint Forecasts: Get the most accurate current, hourly and 10-day weather forecasts
• Enhanced Interactive Map: Visualize weather conditions with over 17 map layers
• Spark Lightning Alerts: Your personal lightning detector, Spark gives you minute-by-minute, mile-by-mile lightning proximity alerts
LARGEST WEATHER NETWORK
• Forecasts for 2.6 million+ locations worldwide
• Largest total lightning detection network
• 10,000+ professional-grade weather stations
• Live weather & traffic cameras
FASTEST WEATHER ALERTS
• Get notified of severe weather 50% faster with our exclusive Dangerous Thunderstorm Alerts
• Receive all National Weather Service watches and warnings
WEATHERBUG HOME SAVES YOU MONEY
• Find out how the weather will impact your home energy usage given the current weather conditions
• Connect your Wi-Fi thermostat or utility account for insights tailored to your usage
Be prepared. Know Before™. Download the app used and loved by millions, voted the “Best Weather App Ever” and trusted as a “Best App for Moms”, WeatherBug!
What's New in Version 4.4.2
Get real-time weather forecasts with pinpoint accuracy, beautiful and animated weather maps, and the fastest alerts to severe weather, like rain, high winds, lightning strikes, hail, and tornadoes, plus all NWS and NOAA watches and warnings. Join millions who depend on the world’s largest professional weather network – download WeatherBug today!
What's new in this release:
• Update to interactive Game Day and Cold & Flu lifestyle forecasts
• Enhancements to map and map animation
• Several stability and performance enhancements
Slowed down my iPhone 6
This seems like a nice app. Very busy screens, lots of information. However, shortly after downloading this app my iPhone 6 (iOS 9) began to feel sluggish. Apps and new screens loaded much more slowly. It took a couple of days to really get my attention because there can be temporary slow downs due to wifi speed. But finally I noticed and started paying attention and verified that my phone was definitely sluggish all the time now. First I rebooted the phone - no difference. I thought about what had changed over the past week and remembered downloading one new app - weatherbug. So, although I liked the app I decided to uninstall to see if anything changed. Immediately my phone was back to its usual zippiness (maybe that's not a word) but my phone was back to normal. This is not proof positive that weatherbug is to blame but I'm not interested in experimenting with it anymore. Saying goodbye to weatherbug.
I've had WeatherBug for years, starting with my desktop computer, at least 10 years ago. When I got my iPhone3, and found out I could have it there too, I was very happy. And through the years I've remained a happy camper. I did get WeatherBug Elite so I wouldn't have ads on my phone. And now, you've done away with Elite, and am making me buy a yearly contract if I don't want ads. Not cool.
I also have WeatherBug on my iPad. I don't mind you having ads on the app. I do mind where you put it. On the old version of weatherbug for iPad, the ad was in a sidebar along with the hourly forecast and the 10 day forecast. Now it's in the lower right hand corner, right in the way of any threatening weather that's coming from that direction. Never thought I'd say it, but bring back the sidebar and let us see the whole radar screen.
Our privacy shouldNOT be compromised by a weather app
Everyone, please read the privacy statement. WB is much more invasive than most. There are better and less invasive weather apps out there.
Downloaded the old weather bug again, hoping they had done away with their "improvements." They haven't — still too invasive, too big brotherish. Our privacy should not be compromised by a weather app! Our business is none of their business!!!
Just when I didn't think WB could get any worse...
Just to open and use Weatherbug app you must agree to,
"To use the WeatherBug Services:
You must be at least 13 years of age.
You may need to register with us in order to access and use some of the Services;
You must agree to share with us, or allow us to collect, certain types of information and allow us to share that information with other parties in order to provide certain features and functions within the Services.
You agree that we can place advertisements which support the Services within applications, web pages and mobile devices.
You agree that we can change or terminate the Services at any time."
Note to WB developers,
If someone tells me you have come to your senses I may or may not check to see if you have wised up.
I lost all of my cities, and Now have ads. Cannot see any reason to rebuy!
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Weather
- Updated: Apr 26, 2016
- Version: 4.4.2
- Size: 87.6 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Portuguese, Spanish
- Seller: Earth Networks, Inc.
- © Earth Networks, 2013
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Ad Free Yearly$2.99