WeatherBug - Local Weather, Radar, Maps, Alerts
By Earth Networks, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Download the most popular free weather app powered by the largest professional weather network in the world! Our weather network delivers the fastest alerts and the best real-time forecasts (current, hourly and 10-day).
“I love WeatherBug! It’s always accurate & is the first place I go for up-to-the minute weather!” –iOS User
It's easy to use and has 18 different weather maps including Doppler radar, lightning, wind, temperature, alerts, pressure, and humidity. Join millions who rely on WeatherBug every day!
TRACK ANY CONDITION
• North American Doppler Radar: See Doppler radar across the United States, Canada, Mexico, Alaska & Hawaii
• PulseRad® radar: Get radar for many international locations using patented Earth Networks Total Lightning Network® technology.
• Real-Time Pinpoint Forecasts: Get the most accurate current, hourly and 10-day weather forecasts
• Enhanced Interactive Map: Visualize weather conditions with 18 weather maps
• Spark Lightning Alerts: Your personal lightning detector, Spark gives you minute-by-minute, mile-by-mile lightning proximity alerts
• Real-Time Traffic Conditions: View current traffic conditions to better plan your day
• Apple Watch Support: Get vital weather information directly on your Apple Watch, including alerts, glances, and complications
• Lifestyle Forecasts: Know how weather will impact your sports games, workouts, allergies, chronic pain and much more
• Hurricane Center: Stay informed of all hurricane forecasts and changing conditions to protect you and your loved ones
LARGEST WEATHER NETWORK
• Forecasts for 2.6 million+ locations worldwide
• Largest total lightning detection network
• 10,000+ professional-grade weather stations
• Live weather & traffic cameras
FASTEST WEATHER ALERTS
• Get notified of severe weather 50% faster with our exclusive Dangerous Thunderstorm Alerts
• Receive all National Weather Service watches and warnings
• Find out how the weather will impact your home energy usage given the current weather conditions
• Connect your Wi-Fi thermostat or utility account for insights tailored to your usage
Be prepared. Know Before™. Download the app used and loved by millions, voted the “Best Weather App for iPads” by AppPicker, and “Best App for Moms” by Parent Magazine - WeatherBug!
What's New in Version 4.6.1
We bring updates to the App Store regularly so we can make WeatherBug even better for you! These updates include the latest bug fixes and improvements to speed and reliability. We'll make sure you know when new features become available.
Good Ap. I have used it for many years.
I have used the Weather Bug for many years, in many States, and found it to be the best predictor of the weather from all the apps available. The data is clearly laid out and gives the ability for anyone to make reasonably likely weather predictions.
All forecasts are based on predictions using data from live radar, air pressure, rainfall amounts, wind direction and strength, and other input from nearby (local), national and global measurements. Data collected for past forecasts are continually compared to actual results. All this is combined into a complex and growing set of algorithms that statistically improve predictions over time. The whole process is based on statistical probability and has a high percentage chance of being close to what actually happens. Having said that - it is a statistical method of prediction and weather forecasting is therefore not an exact science.
I used to love this app
I work outside, moving dirt. The radar on this app is the best you can find, I've used it for three years, every single day. The recent update loads me just southwest of Africa for the radar (I live just west of Chicago) and when I press the location icon to change where the location that the app provides data for it closes and I'm back at my iphones home screen. My favorite app turned into my most frustrating app to open. I really hope they fix this issue, I've based decisions on my jobs off of this radar and now I'm annoyed when I open it. For the sake of the ease of my profession...fix it.
Great features & Reliable
The spark lightning feature is great and I love the in-app weather service alerts. It's what I turn to when weather is a concern, especially in storms, flooding conditions, etc. The "seek shelter" recommendation turned out to be really accurate for me when I was at a concert and a freak hail storm happened. I definitely recommend this app to those who want something with more detail/tools than what comes standard.
- Category: Weather
- Updated: Feb 21, 2017
- Version: 4.6.1
- Size: 94.5 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Portuguese, Spanish
- Seller: Earth Networks, Inc.
- © Earth Networks, 2013
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Ad Free Yearly$2.99