WeatherBug - Weather Forecasts & Alerts
By Earth Networks, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
WeatherBug is a fast, beautiful, easy-to-use app that uses the best real-time, neighborhood-level weather data to help you Know Before™.
Get access to the world’s largest network of professional weather and lightning sensors for the most accurate forecasts, the fastest severe weather alerts and more.
Only WeatherBug provides exclusive Spark™ lightning proximity alerts for your current and saved locations. Find out exactly how far away lightning is to you and stay safer!
Check out these awesome features:
• Real-Time Pin-Point Forecasts – The industry’s most accurate current, extended and hourly weather forecasts for 2.6 million locations worldwide.
• Severe Weather Alerts – Minutes matter. Our exclusive Dangerous Thunderstorm Alerts (DTAs) provide you 50% faster warnings to severe weather than the competition. Plus, you get all National Weather Service (NWS) warnings and watches to stay informed of severe weather conditions at all your current and saved locations.
• Spark™ Alerts – Unique and beautiful, Spark turns your smartphone into a personal lightning detector. Get real-time, minute-by-minute, mile-by-mile lightning monitoring from the WeatherBug Total Lightning Network.
• Push Notifications – Get severe weather warnings and exclusive Dangerous Thunderstorm Alerts pushed directly to your mobile device! Safeguard yourself from tornados, severe thunderstorms, flash floods and more.
• Extended 10-Day Forecast – Weather happens. Get the most accurate extended forecast and Know Before™ 10 days ahead.
• Enhanced Interactive Maps – Enjoy our enhanced maps with multiple layers such as Doppler radar, humidity, pressure, wind speed, high/low forecast, traffic, satellite imaging and more!
• Live Weather Cams – View live images from over 2,000 weather cameras across the U.S. to get a better picture (pun intended) of the weather at destinations near and far.
• Live Traffic Cams – Traffic can create real headaches. Our live traffic cams help you see driving conditions and Know Before™ you get stuck in traffic.
• Lifestyle Forecasts – Do I run outside or go to the gym? Our new Lifestyle Forecasts identify and analyze specific weather parameters to advise you on how best to stay comfortable and have fun!
• Weekend/Weekday Section – Get helpful at-a-glance summaries of weekday and weekend weather!
• Photo Section & Albums – We’ve collected magnificent photography from our users for your viewing pleasure. Come see what others are sharing and enjoy the scenery!
• Photo Submission & Sharing – Snap, send & share. Send us your best photos and share your moments with millions of WeatherBug users.
• Cold & Flu section – Stay updated on the cold and flu season! Find out where and when you'll need to be extra careful, along with useful facts on how you can minimize your risk.
• Spotlight section – Get “News of the Day” and other breaking weather stories from the WeatherBug Meteorology team and stay up-to-date on the weather around you.
• Know Before™ Messages - These messages will appear when we need to tell you something, from notifications of lightning in your area to new content.
• Hurricane Center – Get the latest news on hurricanes, investigate past hurricanes and track current hurricanes as they happen!
• Multiple Language Support – Get forecasts and alerts for your neighborhood and the world in Spanish and Portuguese!
• Ad-free Annual Subscription - It's back! We heard you loud and clear. Experience ad-free WeatherBug via an annual subscription!
Download the app used and loved by millions, voted the “Best Weather App Ever” and trusted as a “Best App for Moms”, WeatherBug!
Earth Networks, Taking the Pulse of the Planet®!
What's New in Version 3.7.4
•Several performance and stability enhancements
Too cluttered and old app no longer accurate
I have both the new and old versions of this app. The old version is no longer available, but it still works and quite frankly I like it's 'everything at a glance' interface much better. As soon as the app loads front and center is the local radar (which is why I'm opening the app 95% of the time). All the other features are on cards to the right that you can tap for more info. Thankfully they did not disable the old app so I've been able to continue using it, however lately I've noticed the card's weather info has become inaccurate. For instance today the new app says the high will be 35 where as the old says 33. Not normally a huge difference, but today when dealing with freezing roads it will be. So why is the same company have two apps giving different forecasts? Could someone look in to that?
I would give it 5 stars if.....
I really like this app and I would happily give it 5 stars if it weren't for the fact that I purchased it for my phone and I only get 7 days of weather while everyone who uses the free version gets 10. This seems a little backward to me. And I don't see any extras that make it worth buying. Everything that comes with the paid version comes with the free version. Other than that it's great. It never freezes or lags, it is fairly accurate (about as accurate as any of the others) and I love that it has the allergy tile to tell me how high the allergens are on any given day & what they specifically are. That seems to be right on the nose, at least for our area. I just wish I had stuck with the free version.
Nice, could be better.
This app has some good features, like the ability to search for specific places. However, it doesn't always give the data from the location I selected. This can be an easy fix I believe.
It can deliver a fair quality radar image, not great, but OK. With a few tweaks it can be really good.
I would also like to have a better forecast presentation with more enhanced imagery, to better show what is likely to be happening. The whole APP is the best of an ordinary lot.
It could also go the simple route and deliver the data simply, just the necessities, uncluttered for quick reference.
The ability to check international locations is a plus not all weather apps possess.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Weather
- Updated: Jan 28, 2015
- Version: 3.7.4
- Size: 26.8 MB
- Languages: English, Portuguese, Spanish
- Seller: Earth Networks, Inc.
- © Earth Networks, 2013
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Ad Free Yearly$2.99