WeatherBug - Weather Forecasts & Alerts
By Earth Networks, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
WeatherBug® provides real-time, neighborhood-level weather forecasts from our own weather network (the largest in the world). Get the fastest severe weather alerts and exclusive Spark™ lightning proximity alerts that tell you exactly how far away lightning is, and if you’re in danger. Visualize the weather around you with over 16 map layers!
And now, introducing the new WeatherBug Home® – a sleek, interactive way to see how much HVAC energy your home needs to keep you comfortable. See the impact of weather on energy use for an average home in your area, or if you have a connected thermostat, Connect and get personalized energy insights!
Know Before™ with these awesome features:
• NEW WeatherBug Home – How hard will your heating and cooling (HVAC) need to work to keep your home comfortable? WeatherBug Home shows the difference a few degrees higher or lower make to your energy cost, use and carbon footprint! Get simulated info or Connect your Honeywell or Nest thermostat, or utility info for custom insights.
• NEW Enhanced Interactive Map – “See” the weather through multiple layers, like Doppler radar, lightning, alerts, humidity, pressure, wind speed, high/low forecast, traffic, satellite imaging and more. Experience the most comprehensive weather map -- now with over 16 map layers!
• Real-Time Pin-Point Forecasts – Get the most accurate current, hourly and 10-day weather forecasts for 2.6 million locations worldwide.
• Know Before Weather Alerts – Exclusive Dangerous Thunderstorm Alerts (DTAs) provide 50% faster warnings to severe weather. Plus, get all National Weather Service warnings and watches to stay informed of severe weather conditions at all your current and saved locations.
• Spark Lightning Alerts – Unique and beautiful, Spark turns your smartphone into a personal lightning detector. Get minute-by-minute, mile-by-mile lightning proximity alerts!
• Live Weather Cams – View live images from over 2,000 weather cameras across the U.S. to get a better picture of the weather at destinations near and far.
• Live Traffic Cams – Avoid traffic headaches. Our live traffic cams help you see driving conditions before you get jammed.
• Lifestyle Forecasts – Do I run outside or go to the gym? Should I cancel this weekend’s BBQ? Our Lifestyle Forecasts identify and analyze specific weather conditions to advise you how best to stay comfortable and have fun!
• Weekend/Weekday Section – Get helpful at-a-glance summaries of weekday and weekend weather!
• Photos Section – View amazing photos from WeatherBug users! Come see what others are sharing and enjoy the scenery. You can even share your own photos right from your device. Share your moments with millions of WeatherBug users!
• Weather News – Get “News of the Day” and other breaking weather stories from the WeatherBug Meteorology team to stay up-to-date on the weather around you.
• Hurricane Center – Get the latest info on hurricanes, investigate past hurricanes and track current hurricanes as they happen!
• Conditional Backgrounds – Quickly find out if it will be clear, cloudy or rainy at-a-glance!
Be prepared. Know Before™. Download the app used and loved by millions, voted the “Best Weather App Ever” and trusted as a “Best App for Moms”, WeatherBug!
What's New in Version 4.1.1
• Several bug fixes
• Several performance and stability enhancements
Not as good as the old WeatherBug for iPhone
… for two reasons:
1. This newer version of the app fails to find many of the weather stations for U.S. airports. I haven’t made a comprehensive search and I don’t intend to, but I couldn’t find SAN, SFO or OAK. In addition, it seems like many of the weather stations available in the search function of WeatherBug for iPhone are missing from this app, which matches my experience searching for airport stations.
2. There’s less information on the main screen. The WeatherBug for iPhone app shows relative humidity (where available - not all stations report it), but this app does not.
If issue (1) gets rectified, I might try using this instead of the older WeatherBug for iPhone app. But since I usually only care about the weather at airports while I’m traveling, I don’t think I can trust this app. It just doesn’t give me the variety and specificity of data that I need.
This app has the handiest and most usable interface of the 3 weather apps I use frequently. It is difficult for an ordinary person to evaluate the accuracy of forecasts from various sources. Weather, especially precip, is notoriously difficult to predict and every forecaster gets it wrong sometimes. I can say that for my area, the Weatherbug forecasts have occasionally missed significant rainstorms that were predicted by the other apps (and I could tell from looking outside that bad weather was coming). My advice is try it out. If the weather really matters to you, consult 2 or 3 different sources, and don't ignore what your nose tells you!
Even now still a Great collected math and accurate science
Once again: Very local and accurate temps and forecasts. The ONLY weather software that provides my true local area data and even for the days ahead it shares accurate and strong prediction of winds and estimate times for rain and snow. Got me thru last winter with no surprise when snow came and temperatures dropped, thus it is Outstanding!! Latest update continues to stay above and beyond!! Let's enjoy the seasonal weather channel
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Weather
- Updated: Oct 19, 2015
- Version: 4.1.1
- Size: 73.9 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Portuguese, Spanish
- Seller: Earth Networks, Inc.
- © Earth Networks, 2013
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Ad Free Yearly$2.99