WeatherBug - Weather Forecasts & Alerts
By Earth Networks, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
**We heard you loud and clear -- the wind vane is back! And we've simplified the background images to more clearly show the weather conditions at-a-glance. Thanks for your feedback!**
The newly redesigned WeatherBug® app offers real-time, neighborhood-level weather forecasts from our own weather network (the largest in the world). Plus, get the fastest severe weather alerts and exclusive Spark™ lightning proximity alerts that tell you exactly how far away lightning is to you.
And now, introducing the new WeatherBug Home Energy Meter – a beautiful, interactive way to see how much energy is being used to keep you comfortable. Slide the thermostat bar and see how you can make an impact - know your power!
Know Before™ with these awesome features:
• NEW WeatherBug Home Energy Meter – How hard will your home’s HVAC need to work to keep you comfortable? Find out with the Energy Meter – see the difference a few degrees higher or lower make! Just slide the bar to see projected monthly cost, energy use and carbon footprint!
• Real-Time Pin-Point Forecasts – Weather happens. Depend on the most accurate current, hourly and 10-day weather forecasts for 2.6 million locations worldwide.
• Know Before Weather Alerts – Minutes matter. Get all National Weather Service warnings and watches to stay informed of severe weather conditions at all your current and saved locations. Plus, exclusive Dangerous Thunderstorm Alerts (DTAs) provide 50% faster warnings to severe weather than the competition!
• Spark Alerts – Unique and beautiful, Spark turns your smartphone into a personal lightning detector. Get minute-by-minute, mile-by-mile lightning proximity alerts!
• Enhanced Interactive Map – “See” the weather through multiple layers, like Doppler radar, humidity, pressure, wind speed, high/low forecast, traffic, satellite imaging and more!
• Live Weather Cams – View live images from over 2,000 weather cameras across the U.S. to get a better picture of the weather at destinations near and far.
• Live Traffic Cams – Avoid traffic headaches. Our live traffic cams help you see driving conditions before you get jammed.
• Lifestyle Forecasts – Do I run outside or go to the gym? Should I cancel this weekend’s BBQ? Our Lifestyle Forecasts identify and analyze specific weather conditions to advise you how best to stay comfortable and have fun!
• Weekend/Weekday Section – Get helpful at-a-glance summaries of weekday and weekend weather!
• Photos Section – View amazing photos from WeatherBug users! Come see what others are sharing and enjoy the scenery. You can even share your own photos right from your device. Share your moments with millions of WeatherBug users!
• Weather News – Get “News of the Day” and other breaking weather stories from the WeatherBug Meteorology team to stay up-to-date on the weather around you.
• Hurricane Center – Get the latest info on hurricanes, investigate past hurricanes and track current hurricanes as they happen!
• Conditional Backgrounds – Quickly find out if the day will be clear, cloudy or rainy at a glance!
Be prepared. Know Before™. Download the app used and loved by millions, voted the “Best Weather App Ever” and trusted as a “Best App for Moms”, WeatherBug!
Earth Networks, Taking the Pulse of the Planet®!
What's New in Version 4.0.1
• Added wind vane on NOW screen
• Updated dynamic background images
• Several stability and performance enhancements
Finally, the perfect weather app
I honestly don’t understand why some reviews here are less than five stars, unless they’re simply perspective personal choices regarding the user interface of WeatherBug, or users don’t like ads in the free version. At least one other app has over 10K 5-star ratings and the app doesn’t even have weather radar. I have tried the top ten free and paid apps here and this (in my opinion) is by far the best. Yes, I paid to get rid of the ads, but that was simply a personal preference.
With WeatherBug it’s very easy to move between current conditions, details, hourly, and a 10-day forecast. The hourly forecast is the only one I’ve found that provides every possible aspect of hourly weather…temperature, cloud cover, rain, expected percentage of precipitation, humidity, “feels like temperature” (very important in the winter), wind, and dew point.
Lastly, the radar - as a boater and golfer this is very important to me (along with WeatherBug’s alerts). Many apps do not provide weather in motion, they simply depict a static view of where rain or storm cells are. WeatherBug has a great moving view of these things for users who need them.
EDITED:thank you for adding the hourly humidity levels back and making it more user friendly!!! I said I'd give you 5 stars if you changed it so here there are!! Now your my favorite weather app again!!
The new version is terrible in comparison to the last. I check the weather on my phone to have all the info in one or two screens. Now I have to scroll through a bunch of stuff that isn't relevant to me to get to what I need. Also PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE bring back the hourly humidity levels. This info was a huge reason for me picking weather bug over other apps. It's so helpful when it's warm to know the hourly humidity levels. If you bring that back, I'd be able to deal with everything else and you'd have yourself a 4/5 star rating.
Good app gone bad.
This apps was good then with new updates and changes to screens it went bad. Before I used this app daily. Since I have uninstalled it and reinstalled after reading new reviews. They did fix some issues. I like to find my weather at my fingertips without having to fish for it. I don't like the Spotlights. They are a waste of screen space and you can't arrange them the way you want. The spotlights should be put under a tab not front in center. The Weather Underground app is a much better app. It lets you arrange tiles and remove the ones you don't want.
Another thing is the Weather bug home part. If I want a home energy app I will download one. I want weather only on my weather app. Yes they do relate but not to that extreme. People now a days are smart enough to figure out if it hot out your going to use more energy. So get rid of Weatherbug Home or make it its own app.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Weather
- Updated: Apr 24, 2015
- Version: 4.0.1
- Size: 58.3 MB
- Languages: English, Portuguese, Spanish
- Seller: Earth Networks, Inc.
- © Earth Networks, 2013
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.
Top In-App Purchases
- Ad Free Yearly$2.99