WeatherGeek Pro 2
By Hurricane Baby, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
WeatherGeek Pro 2 is a premium weather application which brings the world’s most advanced weather data right to your fingertips! For the first time on a mobile app, view the same numerical weather models professional meteorologists use to develop their forecasts on our beautiful Retina-quality graphical interface. If you’re a serious WeatherGeek who likes to dive into the data, this is the app you’ve been dreaming of!
Choose weather maps for North America, South America, Africa, Europe, Asia, Australia*** and tropical regions* from our “global” suite of models which include the GFS (Global Forecasting System), GEFS (Global Ensemble Forecasting System), the NAEFS (North American Ensemble Forecast System), the WW3 (Wave Watch 3) Model and the ECMWF** (European) Model.
You can also choose “regional” weather maps for North America, the United States and Alaska from the NAM (North American Mesoscale), NAM4 (4km NAM), the SREF (Short Range Ensemble Forecast), the HRW-NMM, the HRW-ARW (High Resolution Window WRF) and the all-new RAP (Rapid Update) model.
View over 70 advanced weather parameters for all regions across the continental United States in stunning Retina-quality high resolution clarity with the HRRR (High Resolution Rapid Refresh) Model interface.**
Scan the atmosphere in three dimensions by checking out skew-t (weather balloon data) charts for the continental United States.**
Not a huge WeatherGeek and want to see more traditional weather maps? No problem! Check out our WPC Interface which allows you to view current and future surface weather maps out to seven days along with QPF (Quantified Precipitation Forecast) maps, and other weather hazard maps for the United States and southern Canada.**
Easily navigate through the maps by simply swiping your finger to advance or go backwards in time. You can also swipe your finger up and down to control which level of the atmosphere you are viewing. To see more detail for your area, easily zoom in and out on the maps by pinching or stretching. Drag your finger around on the map to scroll. Tap the play button to animate the maps and to see weather features progress in time. Draw on the maps using the drawing tool. Best of all, you have the ability to share all of these map images on popular social networking platforms like Facebook and Twitter with the tap of your finger.
• Numerical weather model maps for the United States, North America, South America, Africa, North Pacific, East Pacific, Western Atlantic, Atlantic, Europe, Asia, Australia*** and the South Pacific.*
• GFS, GEFS, NAEFS, WW3, POLAR, NAM, NAM4, SREF, HRW-NMM, HRW-ARW, RAP, ECMWF** and HRRR** models available.
• Display multiple levels such as surface, 850mb, 700mb, 500mb, 300mb, 250mb, 200mb plus many more.
• View a variety of products such as precipitation, thickness, winds, pressure, vorticity, precipitable water, relative humidity, heights, streamlines and simulated radar.
• Access U.S. and southern Canada weather maps from the WPC (Weather Prediction Center) including current and future surface maps out to 7 days, QPF and weather hazard maps.**
• View skew-t charts (weather balloon data) for stations across the continental U.S.**
• Display upper air maps.
• Zoom and scroll maps.
• Animate maps.
• Draw on maps.
• Share maps on Facebook, Twitter and via Email.
• Access MOS tables for the U.S. (MAV, MET, MEX, GFS LAMP).
• Instantly access many U.S. National Weather Service text products.
*support for regions other than the U.S. or North America require an in-app purchase
**requires an in-app purchase
*** Only ECMWF data is available for Australia at this time and requires an in-app purchase.
For more, please visit our website at www.weathergeekpro.com
What's New in Version 2.6.2
• ECMWF Model Interface fixed.
• Push notifications added.
• Various bug fixes.
New update has this ap hitting on all cylinders again. Thank you! Full of great info and raw data so you can play meteorologist. Access to weather modeling on iPhone allows one to get the unadulterated big picture RE the weather on the fly. This thing is thick: It's got cape, freezing levels, upper atmosphere conditions, vorticity, rh, hourly-60hr precip, precip type, etc, etc; and multiple models to choose from, including the spaghetti spreads to gauge certainty in the forecast. Hrrr in ap purchase highly recommended for short term weather picture. This thing is for the green eyeshade gang serious about their weather -- not so much for the person wanting to know if they should put on a sweater.
Great app for true weather lovers
There's no better way to interact with models on your iPad... Great display scheme - good selection of models - good mapping. Annotation features are a plus too.
Just a few tweaks (some may not be possible thanks to Apple) would get this 5 stars. But still best in the field...
- Category: Weather
- Updated: Dec 09, 2014
- Version: 2.6.2
- Size: 7.5 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Hurricane Baby, LLC
- © 2011-2014 Hurricane Baby, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.
Top In-App Purchases
- HRRR Model Interface$1.99
- Skew-T Chart Interface$0.99
- HPC Map Interface$0.99
- World & Tropical Region Map Interface$0.99
- ECMWF Model InterfaceFree