WeatherGeek Pro 2
By Hurricane Baby, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
WeatherGeek Pro 2 is a premium weather application which brings the world’s most advanced weather data right to your fingertips! For the first time on a mobile app, view the same numerical weather models professional meteorologists use to develop their forecasts on our beautiful Retina-quality graphical interface. If you’re a serious WeatherGeek who likes to dive into the data, this is the app you’ve been dreaming of!
Choose weather maps for North America, South America, Africa, Europe, Asia, Australia*** and tropical regions* from our “global” suite of models which include the GFS (Global Forecasting System), GEFS (Global Ensemble Forecasting System), the NAEFS (North American Ensemble Forecast System), the WW3 (Wave Watch 3) Model and the ECMWF** (European) Model.
You can also choose “regional” weather maps for North America, the United States and Alaska from the NAM (North American Mesoscale), NAM4 (4km NAM), the SREF (Short Range Ensemble Forecast), the HRW-NMM, the HRW-ARW (High Resolution Window WRF) and the all-new RAP (Rapid Update) model.
View over 70 advanced weather parameters for all regions across the continental United States in stunning Retina-quality high resolution clarity with the HRRR (High Resolution Rapid Refresh) Model interface.**
Scan the atmosphere in three dimensions by checking out skew-t (weather balloon data) charts for the continental United States.**
Not a huge WeatherGeek and want to see more traditional weather maps? No problem! Check out our WPC Interface which allows you to view current and future surface weather maps out to seven days along with QPF (Quantified Precipitation Forecast) maps, and other weather hazard maps for the United States and southern Canada.**
Easily navigate through the maps by simply swiping your finger to advance or go backwards in time. You can also swipe your finger up and down to control which level of the atmosphere you are viewing. To see more detail for your area, easily zoom in and out on the maps by pinching or stretching. Drag your finger around on the map to scroll. Tap the play button to animate the maps and to see weather features progress in time. Draw on the maps using the drawing tool. Best of all, you have the ability to share all of these map images on popular social networking platforms like Facebook and Twitter with the tap of your finger.
• Numerical weather model maps for the United States, North America, South America, Africa, North Pacific, East Pacific, Western Atlantic, Atlantic, Europe, Asia, Australia*** and the South Pacific.*
• GFS, GEFS, NAEFS, WW3, POLAR, NAM, NAM4, SREF, HRW-NMM, HRW-ARW, RAP, ECMWF** and HRRR** models available.
• Display multiple levels such as surface, 850mb, 700mb, 500mb, 300mb, 250mb, 200mb plus many more.
• View a variety of products such as precipitation, thickness, winds, pressure, vorticity, precipitable water, relative humidity, heights, streamlines and simulated radar.
• Access U.S. and southern Canada weather maps from the WPC (Weather Prediction Center) including current and future surface maps out to 7 days, QPF and weather hazard maps.**
• View skew-t charts (weather balloon data) for stations across the continental U.S.**
• Display upper air maps.
• Zoom and scroll maps.
• Animate maps.
• Draw on maps.
• Share maps on Facebook, Twitter and via Email.
• Access MOS tables for the U.S. (MAV, MET, MEX, GFS LAMP).
• Instantly access all U.S. National Weather Service text products.
*support for regions other than the U.S. or North America require an in-app purchase
**requires an in-app purchase
*** Only ECMWF data is available for Australia at this time and requires an in-app purchase.
For more, please visit our website at www.weathergeekpro.com
What's New in Version 2.5.0
• iOS 7 compatibility.
• Draw on maps and images using the new drawing tool.
• Instant access to U.S. National Weather Service products using the new “NWS” interface.
• HPC Menu updated to reflect name change to WPC.
• Added data source acknowledgments to iOS Settings Menu.
• Various bug fixes and performance enhancements.
Seems to be for the "closer to raw data crowd" kind of like in the original Star Trek when Spock looked into that tiny rectangular screen at the Sciences station, fiddled with the one knob and then announced just about anything about anything!
My tiny brain would like my data presented in an easy to read and interpret form while also being able to drill into it and perhaps see the assumptions, maybe a predicted accuracy due to the distance and quality of data gathering stations, etc.. We live in nowheresville, central Florida where you are lucky to have a paved road let alone a cluster of weather data gathering stations that can help correct for our huge number of lakes, rivers, and man made waterways that screw around with the humidities, temperatures, and even boundaries of rainfall. Something that could do those things as well as update quickly enough to track the localized weather zones' rapid changes would be greatly welcomed, probably incredibly expensive, and would require unprecedented government cooperation and civil expenditures unrealistic to expect by the parties involved. Oh, well...
The app seems to work well for what I believe it is designed to do with the data available but it doesn't meet my needs.
The latest version supports an incredible application!
Update: The latest update makes a great product even better!! INCREDIBLE amount of information available! Thank you developers!!
Update: With the exception of the Waves models, all weather models are functioning!! Thanks again to the developers!!
Update: While this is an immensely useful weather tool when the NCEP/NOAA servers are functioning. Currently, they are experiencing major difficulties and Weather Geek's functionality is suffering greatly! For now, save your money. A quick resolution to the problem does not appear on the horizon.
Thank you to the developers for brining about an incredibly fast resolution to the last update glitch! The current update makes WeatherGeek Pro 2 a must have application for weather enthusiasts and outdoor adventurers alike. A weather app like no other!! Packed with the ability to easily access all the weather data you could possibly want for a price which can't be beat! It truly is an essential weather application!!
Convenient when it works
I love this app for the fact I find everything I need to forecast weather right here. There are bugs though. I can not access the Skew-t graphs at all, nor can I access the HRRR model maps like it claims. They have options but when I click on them nothing happens and they are greyed out. It also crashes. It is very aggravating when I'm watching a model run and all of a sudden it just cuts out. But I'm willing to deal with the crashes for the convenience of having the maps all here. I just wish I had access to all of the maps it advertised.
- Category: Weather
- Updated: Oct 08, 2013
- Version: 2.5.0
- Size: 7.1 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Hurricane Baby, LLC
- © 2011-2012 Hurricane Baby, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- ECMWF (European) Model Interface (MSLP/850 wind, 500 GP/850 temp)$0.99
- HRRR Model Interface$1.99
- HPC Map Interface$0.99
- Skew-T Chart Interface$0.99
- World & Tropical Region Map Interface$0.99