By Michal Frankowski
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
*** Featured by The New York Times on Nov 22, 2012 (Software That Shows What Your Shiny New iPad Can Do) ***
WeatherMap+ is an interactive app, which allows you to pan and zoom around a map of the world, switch various weather layers in order to get a comprehensive view of both current and future weather events.
- detail up to 0.25 degrees on land or sea anywhere in the world.
- view how weather conditions change over time for your individual area and weather around the world
- get basic overview of cloudiness, precipitation, temperature, wind speed and pressure in a singe view
- switch between available layers: "all layers", "temperature", "wind speed", "pressure"
- see the weather forecast up to 5 days
What's New in Version 2.1
iOS 10 ready / Bug fixes / Performance enhancements
Good weather information
Meteogram needs to be larger. Your finger tip covers most of it. It aways opens to my location even when that feature is not enabled. Only difference is that it adds the pin. It would be nice if Weathermap+ remembered the screen location and zoom level when exiting app and starting it back up. Still a very good, easy to use weather app. Love the continuous horizontal scrolling.
Needs a cloud cover overlay button. Needs to allow mixing and matching what overlays you want to use in addition to the 'All overlays' option.
Plus, how often does it update? ...or does it? Only at startup? ...or does it do that automatically? If so, how often. I do not see a update/refresh button.
Would it be possible to animate the overlays? Being on a world scale I could see where that might not be practicable.
Best app for weather
Was My Favorite App
9-18-16--Rich R. I have the iPhone 7+ and the app won't load on screen.I really like this app but it hasn't been updated since 2012.If you have ios 10 all you get is a black screen.Please fix it or pull it from App Store,it's been 4 years to think about slacker.10-2-2016--Rich R.-I want to thank the developer for update,it works great again.Back to 5 stars.This is the 2nd best app for maps,beside Radar Scope.
- Category: Weather
- Updated: Sep 26, 2016
- Version: 2.1
- Size: 38.0 MB
- Languages: English, Danish, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai
- Seller: Michal Frankowski
- © Michal Frankowski
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.Apple TV: Yes