WeatherSpork is the strategic all-purpose weather planning application for aviators at all experience levels that will nicely complement the flight planning app(s) you normally use in the cockpit. WeatherSpork offers an inexpensive multi-faceted approach to uniquely blend online weather guidance along with aviation weather education. This includes -
1) Visualization tools such as a Meteogram, a vertical depiction of the weather over the next three days at an airport.
2) The Route Profile view is also a vertical depiction that lets you quickly see the impact of wind and hazardous weather along your proposed route of flight.
3) The Grid view coupled with the "Wheels Up Departure Advisor" lets you choose the most favorable time to fly.
WeatherSpork requires a current avwxworkshops.com annual subscription.
WeatherSpork provides fairly comprehensive weather guidance, but only provides supplemental weather information to pilots and is not a substitute for a standard weather briefing as described in FAA Advisory Circular 00-45H Change 1 (https://www.faa.gov/documentLibrary/media/Advisory_Circular/AC_00-45H_Chg_1.pdf).
WeatherSpork is only accessible in the U.S. mainland, but look for Alaska and Hawaii to be added soon.
* Corrected an issue where the pop-up weather information did not dismiss on iPad when the EDT Finder was changed.
* Fixed a caching issue that caused the Imagery date-time stamp label to be out of sync with latest imagery.
* Added a button to resend verification code during failed login attempt.
* Other bug fixes and performance enhancements.
Ratings and Reviews
Everything I need and more! I have a meteorology degree and now I fly helicopters and this app provides me with every product I could possible need to get an accurate forecast for any area. My only gripe would be that the user interface is below par (especially navigating the Skew-T page) and would love to have the zoom feature on the iPhone enabled since a lot of the products yield smaller print. Also, locating specific forecast times on certain products could be somewhat confusing. Lastly, would like to see illum data integrated into this app in future updates. Other than that, this is my “GO TO” app for anything related to weather! Great job!
Excellent aviation weather app!
I use many aviation weather websites and apps, but I have to say that WeatherSpork is the most comprehensive and, in many ways, the easiest-to-use tool for this very important task. It brings together so many important weather products in a logically-organized manner, and features excellent meteogram and flight profile tools that really help visualize the weather you can expect during the course of a flight.
Yes, you have to sign up with AvWxWorkshops to use it. It’s well worth it to do so, even if it is only to use this app.
A “MUST” for Pilots!
This App is simply amazing. Takes all of the information available regarding aviation weather, which is often times hard to understand, and puts in a simple easy to understand manner. As a pilot with more than 800 hours, weather understanding and simplification is something that I had struggled with throughout the years. This APP makes it easy to understand and helps tremendously plan your trip. Please do not think about twice and get it. You will be grateful that you did!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.