By Best Search Infobrokerage, Inc
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Amazing Weather Details at your Fingertips. Worldwide.
"An incredibly comprehensive weather app - it accesses many data models from different agencies and provides worldwide coverage. The GRIB layers include wind, precipitation, wave height/direction/period, ocean and tidal currents, air and sea temps, relative humidity and more. WeatherTrack works offline, and GRIB files can be downloaded through an SSB connection, an Iridium AxcessPoint or as an email attachment and opened in the app." (App of the month! in Cruisingworld)
http://goo.gl/PLzpI0 (at a glance)
Official partner in the AMERICA's CUP TEAM ARTEMIS (2013)
Forecasts for Professionals and Amateurs...
"Great Tool - I hardly use my SSB radio for weather information any more. Whenever I can pick up Internet via mobile phone, WeatherTrack is much simpler and provides everything that I want."
Everything you could ever want in one app:
+++ GRIB VIEWER FEATURES in DETAIL:
Select area of interest and get detailed GRIB data. View online/offline, point forecast or meteogram (graph).
Weather types (GRIB layers):
+ Wind (10 m above MSL)
+ Precipitation (rain/snow)
+ Dew point
+ Cloud Cover
+ Waves Height/Direction/Period
+ Ocean current (RTOFS)
+ Barometric Pressure,Highs (H)/Lows (L)
+ Air-/Sea Temperature, Temp. at 500 mb
+ Relative Humidity, Geopot.Height at 500 mb
+ Worldwide Coverage
+ Forecasts up to 16 days (depending on data model)
+ Data models:GFS, COAMPS, NAVGEM; current: RTOFS; waves:WW3, WAM85, FNMOC-WW3/FNMOC-MED/FNMOC-EQAM
+ Resolution: 0.05°, 0.5°, 1°, 2°, 2.5° (dep.on data model)
+ Forecast interval: from 15 min up to 24hr (dep.on data model)
+ Updated every 6 hr (GFS)
+ Offline, high res vector map. Use it offshore or in the mountains.
+ Zoom in - to 0.001° (111 m /121 yd) - (for very high res GRIB files)
+ Online map (satellite/hybrid/map view)
+ Works easily with low bandwith
+ User friendly
+ Meteogram, dynamic, displays any layer
+ Open GRIB files from Email/Browser, 3rd party
+ Share (Twitter, Facebook, email)
+ City/Airport Search
+ In-app guide (offline)
+ Animation - watch & share
+ Import/export GRIB files to and from your PC
+ GRIB via Iridium access point
+++ ROUTE WEATHER
helps you plan your trip well (In-App purchase).
http://goo.gl/PXFCIj (at a glance)
+ Create your own route. Import/Export to and from other apps (e.g. Dropbox).
+ Edit waypoints: name, lat/long, duration to next waypoint, (estimated) speed, fuel
+ Select wind mode: true, relative, apparent
+ Route Meteogram
+ Share complete route files by email and open in apps (e.g. Dropbox).
+ Online map. Display route in satellite/hybrid/map view.
+++ GRIB Robot (subscription**)
Makes the retrieval of GRIB files over satellite connections easy.
Worldwide hi res Ocean/tidal current
+++ GLOBAl-LOCAL Satellite View
+ Fascinating view from space.
+ Worldwide clouds updated every 3 hours
+ Anywhere detailed Point Forecasts on your finger tip, not only for two million locations
+ World Clock, analog/digital
+++ WEATHER ONLINE
Selected online resources
+ Aviation weather (partly)
+ Surface analysis
+ Snow precipitation
**SUBSCRIPTIONS AUTOMATICALLY RENEW unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before end of current period.
Tidetech Price: USD $7.99/mo, $34.99/6 mo, $46.99/12 mo
GRIB Robot Price: USD $2.99/7d, $5.99/mo, $15.99/3 mo, $28.99/6mo
Your iTunes account will automatically be charged at the same price for renewal within 24-hours prior to end of current period unless you change your subscription preferences in your account settings.
WeatherTrack, the Swiss Army Knife for Weather Enthusiasts! One app - many tools
What's New in Version 1.6.16
WeatherTrack's Summer Update 2017
* Proudly present support of Nautical Charts from NOAA (USA only).
* Support for displaying OpenStreetMap and OpenSeaMap maps.
* Relative arrows for waves and current in the Route Meteogram (user's request)
* Wind and gust color palettes.
* Support for the new Norwegian Metoffice GRIB files.
* On some devices the estimated file size was not displayed in red for GRIB downloads > 400KB.
* Fix disappearing on screen keyboard while editing waypoint data.
* Fix rounding issues on entering lat/lon values in the waypoint editor.
* Fix an issue of the lower navigation bar being too large after rotating an iPhone 6/7 plus.
* Fix an issue where an in-app store restore would re-download the hi-res map every time.
* Fix that changes to the current route in a GRIB file would not be remembered properly.
* Make file size display consistently use the iOS style.
* Fix gust wind strength if wind in Beaufort is selected.
* Fix a problem where appending waves or current would not work with certain file names with the new APFS filesystem of iOS 10.3.
* Fix a situation where the vessel symbol was not drawn on the route while displaying a GRIB file. Please note that the GRIB display does not yet obey the geodesic route setting, this is currently only used in the Meteogram and in the Route Editor.
- Category: Weather
- Updated: Jun 17, 2017
- Version: 1.6.16
- Size: 147 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish
- Seller: Best Search Infobrokerage, Inc
- © 2011-2017 Best Search Infobrokerage, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Offline High Resolution MapFree
- Tidetech Currents$7.99
- GRIB Robot$2.99
- Route Weather$5.99
- Advanced Local Forecast$0.99
- GRIB Robot$5.99
- Tidetech Currents$46.99
- GRIB Robot$28.99
- Tidetech Currents$34.99