Australia's favourite weather app, Weatherzone, gives you access to detailed observations, 7 Day forecasts, rain radar, BOM warnings and much more. We use Bureau of Meteorology forecasts, our in house Opticast model and our meteorologists to produce accurate forecasts for Australia and the world.
Featuring gorgeous weather photography submitted by you!
Visit our website to submit yours: http://apps.weatherzone.com.au/
-- Key Features Include --
- Real-time observations from hundreds of automated weather stations across the country: Temperature, wind speed and direction, dew point, relative humidity, pressure and rain since 9 am
- 7 day forecasts of minimum, maximum temperature, icon, rain probability/likely amount and 9am/3pm wind.
- Hourly temperature, chance of rain and wind forecasts in our interactive viewer.
- Real-time weather warnings from the Bureau of Meteorology
- Weatherpulse daily video magazine
- Lightning Alerts for your suburb
- Local and National rain radar, Himawari-8 satellite and lightning maps
- National Video forecast from our meteorologists
- Warning and Forecast Push Notifications
- Gorgeous weather photography submitted by you!
- Exclusive Australian synoptic map
-- What are other features of Weatherzone? --
- Sunrise and Sunset times
- UV rating and watch times
- Pollen Forecast (for capital cities except Darwin)
- Fire Danger Rating (where available)
- Past 24hours observations
- Month to Date and Almanac
- Animated radar from 58 locations around Australia and State and National composite radars
- Animated satellite of Australia
-- Snow & Ski --
- Australia's only 14 day snow forecast
- Snow Reports
- Snow Cams
- Lift Status
-- Subscriptions --
Choose from two subscription options:
* Ad Free - AUD$1.99 / Year auto-renewing subscription
* Pro - AUD$5.99 / Month auto-renewing subscription
Subscriptions are auto-renewable which means that once purchased it will be auto-renewed every year / month until you cancel it 24 hours prior to the end of the current period.
• Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
• Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
• Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase
-- Brisbane City Council Early Warning Alert --
Brisbane City Council has partnered with Weatherzone to provide Brisbane residents with free severe weather alerts. The alerts are location-based, so you only receive warnings if you may be impacted.*
-- Who are Weatherzone? --
Weatherzone is Australia's largest commercial meteorological organisation and uses Bureau of Meteorology and unique internally developed computer modeling to produce the most accurate forecasts available in Australia.
-- How is the lightning data sourced? --
Lightning is detected by the Weatherzone Total Lightning Network (http://business.weatherzone.com.au/products/total-lightning/). This is the most advanced lightning detection network in Australia. Lightning data displayed for consumers is delayed by up to 10minutes.
-- Where does our data come from? --
Our data is sourced from a variety of sources including our own lightning detection network, in house forecast models and the Bureau of Meteorology. More details can be found here: http://business.weatherzone.com.au/science-and-technology/information-sources/
Australian, Weather, Aussie weather, Sydney Weather, Melbourne Weather, Brisbane Weather.
If you have a suggestion for new features or content or find a bug, email us at email@example.com
* Using the Brisbane City Council "My Location" alerting requires us to access your GPS in the background so that your location can be updated. Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
- Improved layout for Xs and Xr devices
- Fixed data rounding issue
- Fixed custom rollover time
- Reduced Video bitrate to reduce data downloaded
- Improved Stability and fixed bugs
Ratings and Reviews
I’ve found this a very helpful app on both the iPhone and iPad. It packs a lot of information into a clear format. It’s also more graphically appealing than some of the other weather apps I’ve tried.
Days of week
Days of week are always messed up
Where’s the sunset times?????
- The Weather Company Pty Ltd
- 127.5 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2017 Weatherzone
- In-App Purchases
- Weatherzone PRO Subscription $3.99
- Ad-free Weatherzone Subscription $1.49
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.