Download the B Sound for FREE and add on other sounds through in-app purchases or SAVE over 20% by purchasing the PRO version with 3,000 PHOTO-WORDS and all 24 PHONEMES, plus select phonology targets.
Webber Photo Articulation Castle is an educational app for speech pathologists from Super Duper Publications. It has 3,000 PHOTO-WORDS with 24 PHONEMES for students to practice their articulation skills at the word, phrase, and sentence level, as well as certain phonology skills. All photos are from Sharon Webber's Jumbo Artic Drill Book - Volume 3. To keep your children engaged, Artic Castle has three different learning activities.
GAMES + ACTIVITIES:
• Photo Fun – This is a standard flash card activity. Players look at the pictures and say the words. Tap the scoring icons at the bottom of the card to score the production.
• Arcade Game – There are six variations of the arcade game: Balloon Pop, Duck Derby, Fishing Rodeo, Hidden Treasure, Raceway, and Space Explorer. In each arcade game, after the player taps an object (a balloon, duck, fish, gem, car, or spaceship), the player is awarded points and a picture appears. The player looks at the picture and says the word. At the end of the game, the player with the most points wins.
• Matching – There are two levels of matching. Level 1 (easy) uses six pairs of cards (for a total of 12 cards) and Level 2 (difficult) uses 10 pairs of cards (20 cards total). Students try to find matching pairs of cards while practicing their target sounds.
• Customize play by adding an unlimited number of players and goals.
• Quick Play option to begin playing without entering players and goals.
• Over 100 clear photos on distraction-free white backgrounds (over 2,200 photos in the full version).
• 108 target B photo-words (3,000 target photo-words in the full version).
• 24 sounds included in the full version: B, CH, D, F, G, H, J, K, L, L blends, M, N, P, R (vocalic), R blends, S, S blends, SH, T, TH, V, W, Y, and Z. (plus select phonology targets)
• Sounds appear in the initial, medial, final, and/or recurring positions of words, phrases, and/or sentences.
• Ability to choose words by syllable (1, 2, and >2 syllables).
• Audio for all words, phrases, and sentences.
• Record players’ productions, play them back, and save the recordings.
• Manually or automatically advance to the next card and/or player.
• Works on iPhone®, iPad®, and iPod touch®
DATA TRACKING lets educators and parents:
• Score student responses as correct, incorrect, approximate, and/or cued.
• Keep track of data for all players.
• View player results for all the sessions at any time.
• Examine student progress over time using graphs.
• Email, print, and share session results.
Ratings and Reviews
I was excited to download this, as I like having different options for my students during sessions to keep their interest, but I cannot see the point in most of the games. I typically have 2 students in a session and they love competing, but these games are frustrating. It’s just tap on an item and a picture pops up. Why aren’t you assigned a race car so you can actually compete?
It’s also disconcerting to see that there are no responses to comments. Do the inventors have no interest in what the customer thinks would improve their app?
I really like the features of his app - being able to record audio, graphing, etc... but, most of my children do not know the many of the stimulus words Among the final /b/ words are 'cab' and 'cub', and my students call them 'lion' and 'car', respectively. I wish there were preschool friendly stimulus words.
from a disappointed SLP
I was thrilled to see there was an app with 3000 artic pictures in it…AND it included games! What the artic app world needs is something fun, the way Splingo is for language. Unfortunately, this app is not so fun. For the kids who are really into cars, I guess they might be entertained for a while by that one screen; otherwise, I'm not tempted to get the full version anymore. The flashcards are good, but popping up and taking up the whole screen is not necessary and actually distracts from the task. I also felt there was also some strange vocabulary, like "foot rub". Ideally, we could have more customizability so the only words that show up are things we want our students to see. Lastly, it would be great if we had the ability to add our own pictures.
- Super Duper, Inc.
- 378.7 MB
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2012 Super Duper Publications
- In-App Purchases
- S Sound $3.99
- R Sound $5.99
- S Blends $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.