By Shaun Pryszlak
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
"Great app! It makes reading web comics so much easier than keeping bookmarks. It's a pain with iOS..." - A user, Germany.
"Also, I love the app!" - A user, USA.
"This app is great though, better than dealing with a PC." - A user, USA.
WebcomiX is a web comic reader for the iPod/iPhone/iPad. There are a number of others out there but WebcomiX has several MAJOR advantages over them.
To begin with, it contains a collection of 80+ of the most popular web comics which you can "subscribe" to. This puts them in your Favourites screen and whenever you run the app, it tells you if there are any new episodes.
1) If the comic is a series of "stand alone" comics, then it will always show you the latest. If it is a continuing story, then it will continue where you left off. No more reading the story backwards or bookmarking each comic you read.
2) It has a simple interface. It has buttons for Previous/Next, First/Last, Random and Goto. These work for all the comics so no more hunting around for the correct button on screen. To go to a particular episode, tap the episode number at the bottom and enter the episode you want.
3) If a comic uses "Alt Text" then there is a button to bring that up. This is only visible on comics that use it.
4) It comes with 80+ of the most popular web comics ready loaded and a screen to show which are the most popular
5) The Titles screen lists all the comics sortable by name or genre. The Favourites screen allows you to choose your favourite comics for easy access.
6) iPhone/iPod users now have the option to zoom into a comic when viewed. This can be turned on or off with the iOS settings app.
7) Its free!!!
Note: Most of these functions ONLY work if you use the navigation controls supplied in the app. If you use the next/prev buttons in the comic itself then your progress will NOT be tracked. You can also turn the unread comic badge off from the settings app.
It is worth noting that as we don't screen scape the comics, the owners get their advertising revenue even when you use this app. We have one ad on the Favourites page. Any other ads that pop up belong to the comic. That is beyond our control.
At the moment the list of comics includes
2 Guys and Guy
A Girl and Her Fed
A Softer World
Antihero For Hire
Cat & Girl
Cyanide & Happiness
Darth & Droids
El Goonish Shive
Full Frontal Nerdity
Girls With Slingshots
Kohta The Samurai
Least I Could Do
Left Handed Toons
Menage a 3
Order of the Stick
Perry Bible Fellowship
Sam & Fuzzy
Sandra and Woo
Saturday Morning Breakfast Cereal
Scary go Round Presents
Shi Long Pang
Surviving The World
The Adventures of Dr. McNinja
The Devils Panties
The Dreamland Chronicles
Tom the Dancing Bug
** Yes, we do Homestuck but we do NOT do the flash animations or sounds. I am sorry if that impairs your enjoyment but there is absolutely NOTHING we can do about it.
All comics remain the sole property of their creators. All copyright remains entirely with them. If you would like your comic removed, added or changed in any way then contact us at email@example.com and we will do our best to help you.
What's New in Version 2.0.1
Fixed a Ctrl-Alt-Delete and Girl Genius. Removed Johnny Wanderer.
This app's concept is quite great but the "Goto" button is a bit glitchy and doesn't work half the time. It doesn't show if it bookmarked my comic and that makes me worried every time I exit the app. Also- Please add "Scandinavia and the World". It's a great comic with many readers.
It's alright but please TAKE NOTE
Can you add a book mark to our comics, I don't want to loose my spot in the middle of a comic,
Love it but adds are crippling
I love it and use it constantly but the amount of adds and redirects and pop ups is getting absolutely ridiculous
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Jul 08, 2015
- Version: 2.0.1
- Size: 1.8 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: shaun Pryszlak
- © Shaun Pryszlak
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.