"Great app! It makes reading web comics so much easier than keeping bookmarks. It's a pain with iOS..." - A user, Germany.
"Also, I love the app!" - A user, USA.
"This app is great though, better than dealing with a PC." - A user, USA.
WebcomiX is a web comic reader for the iPod/iPhone/iPad. There are a number of others out there but WebcomiX has several MAJOR advantages over them.
To begin with, it contains a collection of 80+ of the most popular web comics which you can "subscribe" to. This puts them in your Favourites screen and whenever you run the app, it tells you if there are any new episodes.
1) The comic will continue where you left off. No more reading the story backwards or bookmarking each comic you read.
2) It has a simple interface. It has buttons for Previous/Next, First/Last, Random and Goto. These work for all the comics so no more hunting around for the correct button on screen. To go to a particular episode, tap the episode number at the bottom and enter the episode you want.
3) If a comic uses "Alt Text" then there is a button to bring that up. This is only visible on comics that use it.
4) It comes with 80+ of the most popular web comics ready loaded and a screen to show which are the most popular
5) The Titles screen lists all the comics sortable by name or genre. The Favourites screen allows you to choose your favourite comics for easy access.
6) iPhone/iPod users now have the option to zoom into a comic when viewed. This can be turned on or off with the iOS settings app.
7) Its free!!!
Note: Most of these functions ONLY work if you use the navigation controls supplied in the app. If you use the next/prev buttons in the comic itself then your progress will NOT be tracked. You can also turn the unread comic badge off from the settings app.
It is worth noting that as we don't screen scape the comics, the owners get their advertising revenue even when you use this app. We have one ad on the Favourites page. Any other ads that pop up belong to the comic. That is beyond our control.
2 Guys and Guy
A Girl and Her Fed
A Softer World
Antihero For Hire
Cat & Girl
Cyanide & Happiness
Darth & Droids
El Goonish Shive
Full Frontal Nerdity
Girls With Slingshots
Kohta The Samurai
Least I Could Do
Left Handed Toons
Menage a 3
Order of the Stick
Perry Bible Fellowship
Sam & Fuzzy
Sandra and Woo
Saturday Morning Breakfast Cereal
Scary go Round Presents
Shi Long Pang
Surviving The World
The Adventures of Dr. McNinja
The Devils Panties
The Dreamland Chronicles
Tom the Dancing Bug
Dumbing of Age
I Am Arg
Hark, A Vagrant
Sticky Dilly Buns
Ship in a Bottle
** Yes, we do Homestuck but we do NOT do the flash animations or sounds. I am sorry if that impairs your enjoyment but there is absolutely NOTHING we can do about it.
All comics remain the sole property of their creators. All copyright remains entirely with them. If you would like your comic removed, added or changed in any way then contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will do our best to help you.
Ratings and Reviews
Minor issues, good overall
I love the app overall, especially the fact that it loads the actual web page. That allows the artist to get their ad revenue, unlike other screen scraper apps.
It does need some work though. The Grrl Power comic stopped registering updates a week or two ago, though you could still navigate to the new comic once you opened it. Now though, it fails to find it and won’t load at all. This issue is the one downside of an otherwise awesome app.
It’s nice to have something on my phone that isn’t a web browser to read on. That being said there’s a couple bugs that need to be worked on. When moving to the next page on some comics, the new page loads halfway up the screen so that the top fraction of it is cut off. Also, some comics that are episodic rather than a long contiguous plot (Paradox Space, for example) just don’t load on the app at all.
My favorite web comics are here, but it's impossible to navigate. I checked Safari to see what page of the comic I'm on, and I entered that into the app so I could start from there, but it won't go to the page. The "First" and "Last" buttons work, but if I can't get to anything in between without scrolling one page at a time then I'm better off with just a browser. 2 stars because at least they have the comics I read.
- Red Five Software Ltd
- 9 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- © Shaun Pryszlak
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.