By Schimera Pty Ltd
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
With WebDAV Nav+ you can download, share, store and edit files on your iPhone or iPad when utilising your local server, Network Attached Storage or a cloud storage provider.
• Download files and store them locally on your mobile device, open them in other installed applications and email or upload the changes
• Supports viewing most common file formats including Microsoft Office formats (.doc .xlsx, .ppt), OpenOffice, PDF, Keynote, Pages, Numbers, RTF and DICOM images
• Save attachments from emails and upload them to your WebDAV server
• Navigate your remote storage folders and perform common file and folder operations like Delete, Copy, Move, Rename
• Local storage area with the ability to create folders and Delete, Copy, Move and Rename files
• iOS8 Document Picker and Provider support. Import files from other apps, as well as upload files through webdav from other apps
• Full synchronisation support to keep your local and remote storage in sync
• Forward downloaded documents by email and select multiple files to include in email attachments
• Upload images and videos from the photo gallery or camera
• Stream Video and Music straight from the server (if your server supports Range requests)
• Mount your local storage as a network drive on OSX, Linux, Windows XP and Windows 7
• PIN code access to protect the files in local storage
• Built in basic text editor, edit text files like .txt, .html, .css, .js, .rb or .py
• Browse your local storage files through web browser
• Built-in voice recorder with an option to record audio in WAV or AAC
• AirPlay support for streaming local media to supported devices
• Bonjour integration to find WebDAV servers on the local network
• Select and upload multiple photos including the embedded EXIF data
• Image slideshow feature to swipe between images in your current folder
• ZIP file support include creating ZIP archives from local storage folders and files
• Client side certificate support
• Import photos into the Photos app
• Support for TV out adapters to mirror the contents of the screen to a TV
• Built-in screencast server to display the contents of your screen in a web browser.
• Filename search, including sub folders on supported servers
• Upload directly to your server when using Open With
• Configure the network timeout if your server connection is slow
• Share your files with other WebDAV Nav users by using the built-in WebDAV server
Documents (Word, Excel, Pages, Numbers, OpenDocument ODT)
Media (MP4, MP3, MOV)
Images (JPG, PNG, GIF, TIF, Dicom/DCM and RAW camera images)
ePub ebook viewer support
Please consider contacting support to get help connecting to your servers if you have any problems.
What's New in Version 6.0.1
Support for iPhone X and iOS 11
Various bug and crash fixes
Includes a bug fix for PIN code problems when using the Share extension
Crash fixes when viewing complex PDF documents
Crash fixes when viewing large image files
Best webdav server
Our law firm' data storage policy prohibits the placing confidential data on remote servers, so the use of this app is mandatory.
That policy is based upon our understanding that frequently changed strong passwords and shared secrets beat advertising claims of "strong military-grade encryption". The problem is not the real or illusory strength of encryption, but rather infinite data duplication by way of constant backups, just like email. This is why Hillary Clinton and Mike Pence both look like idiots. So if you don't understand all of this and do not have a working knowledge of Server App, use a good IT consultant to set it up.
While accessing a remote server and using the files stored there over a wireless cellular VPN connection is never bulletproof, troubleshooting has always led to a spontaneous VPN failure or server glitch requiring a server adjustment or reboot. You need an iOS to computer screen sharing app to solve server problems remotely.
This app is intuitive, fast and feature-rich. The interface is very close to a direct or LAN computer screen sharing session. You can create, delete, delete, and move folders and files. You can view all files in the built-in iOS viewer. You can open, edit and save (locally or remotely) Word, Pages, Excel and Numbers documents.
I have not used the built-in iOS server.
We run Yosemite and Server App 5.XX on our server and iOS 10 on iPhone 6 phones and iPad Air 2s. We have used this app since we ran Mountain Lion and maybe iOS 5 on iPhone 4 phones and iPad 2s.
This is also one of the few software publishers that does not seem to release alpha or beta updates to use its customers computers to involuntarily test them.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Jan 12, 2018
- Version: 6.0.1
- Size: 24.6 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Schimera Pty Ltd
- © 2018 Schimera Pty Ltd
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- WebDAV NavX$0.99