• The only AdBlocker that works with any browser (including Safari, Chrome, Firefox or Opera) •
WebGuard is your solution to block annoying ads, video ads, banners, user tracking services, social widgets and other web content on Mac. You can also filter your own website domains and make the navigation faster, safer and cleaner.
It works with any browser (Safari, Chrome, Firefox) and all Mac applications that display online resources or make external HTTP requests (including Mail).
WebGuard also finds adware and removes it. Adware is a malware software that opens pop-up windows with advertisement or fraudulent information and scams. Besides this, WebGuard can remove all browser extensions and add-ons (extensions are a common way to hijack webpages, steal information, spy on your input or slow down your browser)
• Block ads, rollover ads, video ads, banners, overlay or expanding ads and other marketing content in all browsers and applications on your Mac
• Protect your privacy by blocking user tracking and statistics services
• Disable Facebook widgets (Comments, Feed, Follow, Like and Share widgets), Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn or Pinterest widgets (Tweet, +1, Pin and other widgets)
• Make navigation faster by filtering Flash, images, scripts and web videos on third-party browsers (Chrome, Firefox and Opera)
• Define your own filter rules with custom websites and domains
• Adware Cleaner: clean adware (malware) that displays pop-up windows, steal information or try to trick you into buying scam products
• Safe Browser: a builtin browser with private navigation without history, cookies, scripts or plugins
Unlike browser plugins, this solution will block content before page loading making your connection faster and more reliable
• WebGuard's adware cleaner is not a full antivirus software, but it can remove adware based on known signatures. It can also remove all browser add-ons, add-ons being one of the most spread ways of web navigation hijacking
• The app will NOT monitor or collect your traffic in any way - your connection will remain direct
• Please note that it's possible for some ad services to be reachable and to see ads - the filters database is constantly updated with new entries to prevent that
We read your support emails every day, day by day.
Write with confidence any question, feedback or complain and you will receive an answer in a very short period of time.
Bug fixes and improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Must Have App
I bought this app because I was getting pop up ads for Mac apps and wanted it to stop them. I tried many of the remidies I found on line with no results. This app not only fixed the problem but my Imac is running much faster now. Worth every dime. I was also enfected with malware which I thought I got rid of by following some steps I got on the help board. I asked this app to sweep my computer for malwarer and it found several other areas where this malware was hidding and cleaned it out. I have not been running this app long but so far no down side.
WebGuard works well except for hangs at a few sites (Safari hangs forever trying to load the page). Work-around is easy; I keep the WebGuard app open and click the “Enable” slider to turn WebGuard off and restart Safari while visiting the problem site. But it’s great not suffering through ads and pop-ups!
It doesn’t work. Save yourself the trouble.
It’s a bad app that won’t even start on new MBP. I want my money back. Now. Today.
Can you give me more details about your problems with the app. For sure we can fix them. You can send me an email to email@example.com and I will gladly help you.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.