Weblock - AdBlock for apps and websites
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
• Number #1 ad blocking solution for iOS
• Used by over 500 000 users worldwide, blocking ads on iOS since 2012
• Works with all apps, not just Safari
• No in-app purchases, no subscription. Simple one time payment
• Top Utility ranked more than 100 App Stores around the world
• Over 800 carefully crafted filters just to block ads
• Easy setup in under 1 minute with detailed tutorial
Weblock allows you to block online content. It can block ads (banners and popups in other apps and websites), stats and user tracking, scripts or images. It also allows you to block specific websites, like Facebook, Twitter, Google+, social widgets from websites or get rid of annoying Tapatalk popups. You can even define your own content filters. Using Weblock you can block basically any network resource!
Weblock has a constantly growing and updated list of predefined filters for you to choose from. It also enables you to create your own filters. Unlike other content filtering products, Weblock DOES NOT act as a proxy server or subscription based VPN for all your traffic, so your connection stays direct, fast and private! Content filtering takes place right on your device.
Weblock will work on any Wi-Fi enabled iOS device, including iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad. Due to system limitations, Weblock can work only while you are connected to Wi-Fi network. Cellular connections (GPRS/EDGE/3G/LTE) are currently not supported.
Here are some situations in which Weblock might come in handy:
• Block annoying ads (text ads, video ads, banner adns and popups) in almost every app you use! Weblock is much more than just another web browser app and content blocking plugin. It affects all apps on your iOS.
• Disable majority of ads on websites you visit on your iOS device! Weblock supports all major web browsers: Safari, Chrome, Mercury and others (browsers redirecting web traffic through third party servers like Puffin Browser or Opera Mini may not be supported).
• Easily remove all native Facebook widgets and plugins (Like buttons, comments, etc.) on sites you visit - simply disable Facebook plugins in Weblock! Do the same thing for Twitter, Google+ and many others.
• Block annoying Tapatalk popups, nagging you to download forum browsing app on every visit.
• Take control of someone else's device - you can preconfigure any iOS device to control it with your Weblock app. Block or redirect any content, any time, directly from your own device.
• Your predefined filters and custom rules can be synced between all your iOS devices using iCloud.
• If you wish to block something else, you can create your own rules and filters. You can block any URL (with regular expressions), domain or IP address. Don't know how? Let us know - we're here for you.
• You can also use Weblock's redirect feature to emulate '/etc/hosts' entries for HTTP and HTTPS traffic. This might be useful for web and app developers to pin domains to different IP addresses.
Find out more at https://www.weblockapp.com
••• IMPORTANT! •••
If Weblock failed to block some ads or other content, please let us know with the "Report ad" form inside the app. We've received some negative reviews from users having trouble with proper Weblock setup on their device. Please contact our support before writing negative reviews! We are here for you! :)
What's New in Version 4.3.1
- fixed a bug affecting some of the users when iCloud sync was disabled (sorry!)
- additional step explaining status indicator in the tutorial
- polished status animation
- other fixes and improvements
GREAT customer support:
LOVE this app!!! Now I can read the New York Times without zillions of ads. It might take some fine tuning because one may not be able to access Instagram at first etc. for instance, but customer service is outstanding and for Instagram access I learned I just couldn't block Facebook. There are SO many choices (really creepy if you wrap your head around it) to pick to block that one can get too greedy. An Apple service agent even told me once that sometimes a site you are trying to access may see that you are blocking ads and the site itself will slow things down, but I no longer have any problems after fine tuning. Apple guy reminded me that ads were the bread and butter with companies. So that being the case, it is just probably a good idea not to block everything. With almost immediate Weblock support and expert advice and instruction I fine tuned this app perfectly for me. I love it and enjoy the low volume of ads etc. My web viewing is more Zen like now without someone out there trying to make all my money their money with a constant onslaught of ads. I don't have enough money to give it all away! If you feel similarly, I highly suggest getting Weblock!
Works Just As Advertised!
After using this app I would never go without it. Every member of my family has it now too after I showed them it actually blocks ads throughout your entire device (not just in Safari)! It's also highly customizable and relatively simple to set up using their step-by-step instructions. Not to mention the developers are consistently keeping it up to date and are also quite active on Twitter. It should be said at the moment this ONLY works on wifi and the occasional ad does rear it's ugly head but it's easy to report it in the app and get it on the block list so you never see it again. I don't usually buy many apps but this one is truly worth every cent!
I was ready to stop using Safari on my iPad...
Viewing pages on my iPad became such a pain, that I was ready to give up. Countless ads kept loading after the main content was already visible, causing it to jump around while the ads where inserted. Sometimes it would quiet down after some time, and sometimes it would not. It made viewing, and especially reading, basically impossible.
This app solved the problem. Pages load quickly now, and stay stable after the load. The previously frequent Safari crashes are also mostly gone.
The best part it that this works even on my old iPad 2 that does not support the newer ad blockers. Thank you, Weblock!
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Mar 28, 2016
- Version: 4.3.1
- Size: 14.4 MB
- Languages: English, German, Japanese, Polish, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Future Mind, Sp. z o.o.
- © 2012-2016 QRMedia Sp. z o. o.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.