Weblock - ad blocker for apps and websites
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
-=[ -50% OFF until 5th of August 2017 ]=-
• Number #1 ad blocking solution for iOS
• Blocking ads on iOS since 2012
• Over 700 000 downloads worldwide
• Works with all apps, not just Safari
• No in-app purchases, no subscription. Simple one time payment
• Top Utility ranked in all App Stores around the world
• Over 1000 carefully crafted filters just to block ads
• Easy setup in under 1 minute with detailed tutorial
Weblock allows you to block online content. It can block ads (banners and popups in other apps and websites), stats and user tracking, scripts or images. It also allows you to block specific websites, like Facebook, Twitter, Google+, social widgets from websites or get rid of annoying Tapatalk popups. You can even define your own content filters. Using Weblock you can block basically any network resource!
Weblock has a constantly growing and updated list of predefined filters for you to choose from. It also enables you to create your own filters. Unlike other content filtering products, Weblock DOES NOT act as a proxy server or subscription based VPN for all your traffic, so your connection stays direct, fast and private! Content filtering takes place right on your device.
Here are some situations in which Weblock might come in handy:
• Block annoying ads (text ads, video ads, banner ads and popups) in almost every app you use! Weblock is much more than just another web browser app and content blocking plugin. It affects all apps on your iOS.
• Disable majority of ads on websites you visit on your iOS device! Weblock supports all major web browsers: Safari, Chrome, Mercury and others (browsers redirecting web traffic through third party servers like Puffin Browser or Opera Mini may not be supported).
• Easily remove all native Facebook widgets and plugins (Like buttons, comments, etc.) on sites you visit - simply disable Facebook plugins in Weblock! Do the same for Twitter, Google+ and other social media.
• Block annoying Tapatalk popups, nagging you to download forum browsing app on every visit.
• Take control of someone else's device - you can preconfigure any iOS device to control it with your Weblock app. Block or redirect any content, any time, directly from your own device.
• Your predefined filters and custom rules can be synced between all your iOS devices using iCloud.
• If you wish to block something else, you can create your own rules and filters. You can block any URL (with regular expressions), domain or IP address. Don't know how? Let us know - we're here for you.
• You can also use Weblock's redirect feature to emulate '/etc/hosts' entries for HTTP and HTTPS traffic. This might be useful for web and app developers to pin domains to different IP addresses.
Find out more at https://www.weblockapp.com
••• IMPORTANT! •••
Weblock failed to block some ads or other content? Please let us know with the "Report ad" form inside the app. We've received some negative reviews from users having trouble with proper Weblock setup on their device. Please contact our support before writing negative reviews! We are here for you! :)
What's New in Version 5.0.0
Changes in v5.0.0:
- brand new app design. We think you'll love it!
- long awaited support for Wi-Fi and cellular with the new VPN method (old method is still supported)
5 Star app, 4 Star until widgets are fixed
I've used Weblock for a couple years and through several iOS versions & newer/older devices.
This is a great app, though this current update has a slight widget issue which I've faith in the devs to fix in a new update. Outside the small issue, this app is great for so many reasons.
If you value privacy, don't care for ads, or simply want a pleasant internet browsing experience without popups, redirects, and tracking cookies, this app does most of it for you.
Note that some ad servers are allowed by default, so set your lists and preferences accordingly. Also, as this is a VPN connection, your internet traffic goes through the Weblock servers, which may be a privacy concern to some. It's quite easy to disable in app or in iOS VPN settings.
Kudos to the developers! Thanks for continually making a great app that performs wonderfully!
Blocks ads on all Wi-Fi/cellular connections 👏🏼
Now that they've fixed the way this works so that it blocks ads across all Wi-Fi and cellular connections, this is definitely a 5-star app. It's also now easy to set up and then not have to worry about it (as opposed to the previous versions where you had to manually configure every Wi-Fi connection).
***My major request is to add an option to subscribe to 3rd-party ad filter lists, which shouldn't be very hard.***
I just use it for the very basics. Most of its features elude me. But it does work to block ads. It is not intuitive to someone of my age (70) and lack of understanding. I just know that if I start seeing ads it isn't enabled anymore and I've learned how to copy the URL they provide and paste it in my wi fi settings. All the rest-- blacklists and whitelists and yada yada I don't understand how to use or even why I'd want to.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Jul 07, 2017
- Version: 5.0.0
- Size: 36.2 MB
- Languages: English, German, Japanese, Polish, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Future Mind, Sp. z o.o.
- © 2012-2017 eLOT Sp. z o. o.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.