Weblock - AdBlock for apps and websites
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
• Number #1 ad blocking solution for iOS
• Used by over 500 000 users worldwide, blocking ads on iOS since 2012
• Works with all apps, not just Safari
• No in-app purchases, no subscription. Simple one time payment
• Top Utility ranked in 71 App Stores around the world
• Over 800 carefully crafted filters just to block ads
• Easy setup in under 1 minute with detailed tutorial
Weblock allows you to block online content. It can block ads (banners and popups in other apps and websites), stats and user tracking, scripts or images. It also allows you to block specific websites, like Facebook, Twitter, Google+, social widgets from websites or get rid of annoying Tapatalk popups. You can even define your own content filters. Using Weblock you can block basically any network resource!
Weblock has a constantly growing and updated list of predefined filters for you to choose from. It also enables you to create your own filters. Unlike other content filtering products, Weblock DOES NOT act as a proxy server or subscription based VPN for all your traffic, so your connection stays direct, fast and private! Content filtering takes place right on your device.
Weblock will work on any Wi-Fi enabled iOS device, including iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad. Due to system limitations, Weblock can work only while you are connected to Wi-Fi network. Cellular connections (GPRS/EDGE/3G/LTE) are currently not supported.
Here are some situations in which Weblock might come in handy:
• Block annoying ads (text ads, video ads, banner adns and popups) in almost every app you use! Weblock is much more than just another web browser app and content blocking plugin. It affects all apps on your iOS.
• Disable majority of ads on websites you visit on your iOS device! Weblock supports all major web browsers: Safari, Chrome, Mercury and others (browsers redirecting web traffic through third party servers like Puffin Browser or Opera Mini may not be supported).
• Easily remove all native Facebook widgets and plugins (Like buttons, comments, etc.) on sites you visit - simply disable Facebook plugins in Weblock! Do the same thing for Twitter, Google+ and many others.
• Block annoying Tapatalk popups, nagging you to download forum browsing app on every visit.
• Take control of someone else's device - you can preconfigure any iOS device to control it with your Weblock app. Block or redirect any content, any time, directly from your own device.
• Your predefined filters and custom rules can be synced between all your iOS devices using iCloud.
• If you wish to block something else, you can create your own rules and filters. You can block any URL (with regular expressions), domain or IP address. Don't know how? Let us know - we're here for you.
• You can also use Weblock's redirect feature to emulate '/etc/hosts' entries for HTTP and HTTPS traffic. This might be useful for web and app developers to pin domains to different IP addresses.
Find out more at https://www.weblockapp.com
••• IMPORTANT! •••
If Weblock failed to block some ads or other content, please let us know with the "Report ad" form inside the app. We've received some negative reviews from users having trouble with proper Weblock setup on their device. Please contact our support before writing negative reviews! We are here for you! :)
What's New in Version 4.3.1
- fixed a bug affecting some of the users when iCloud sync was disabled (sorry!)
- additional step explaining status indicator in the tutorial
- polished status animation
- other fixes and improvements
Works Just As Advertised!
After using this app I would never go without it. Every member of my family has it now too after I showed them it actually blocks ads throughout your entire device (not just in Safari)! It's also highly customizable and relatively simple to set up using their step-by-step instructions. Not to mention the developers are consistently keeping it up to date and are also quite active on Twitter. It should be said at the moment this ONLY works on wifi and the occasional ad does rear it's ugly head but it's easy to report it in the app and get it on the block list so you never see it again. I don't usually buy many apps but this one is truly worth every cent!
Fixed as promised. Goodbye 4.3
The developers of this app are fantastic. I always receive prompt replies to questions and problems.
They promised a fix in a few days. Weblock is now working. Using my iPhone is pleasant again. Back to 5 stars.
Weblock is also one of the first apps I recommend. It's a must have app for Safari, other browsers and removing ads in other apps. I never realized how ad obsessed some apps had become until Weblock wasn't working. They should be charging more than they are for this gem.
BUY NOW. Must have for sure.
This app paired with their other one - Adblock - makes for a great ad-free experience in every app on your phone. Adblock uses a little bit different way of blocking ads that this one doesn't use. Specifically, the other one works when NOT connected to Wi-Fi, while this one does. With the two of them though, you're set.
Had a couple issues that I email the developer about and a quick fix was released an update to the app store. Problem solved.
I highly recommend this app, and once you buy it, please come back in here and leave your own review so that more people can see this great app.
Btw - I am not affiliated anyway with this app or the developer. I'm simply a very happy customer who wishes an ad-free life for everyone. :)
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Mar 28, 2016
- Version: 4.3.1
- Size: 14.4 MB
- Languages: English, German, Japanese, Polish, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Future Mind, Sp. z o.o.
- © 2012-2016 QRMedia Sp. z o. o.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.