WebMD for iPad
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
WebMD helps you with your decision-making and health improvement efforts by providing mobile access 24/7 to mobile-optimized health information and decision-support tools including WebMD’s Symptom Checker, Drugs & Treatments, First Aid Information and Local Health Listings. WebMD also gives you access to first aid information without having to be connected wirelessly – critical if you don’t have Internet access in the time of need. Personalize your app by saving drugs, conditions and articles relevant to you — through secure access and easy sign-in.
• WebMD Symptom Checker – n Select the part of the body that is troubling you, choose your symptoms, and learn about potential conditions or issues.
• First Aid Essentials – Your handy guide for medical emergencies. From insect stings to broken bones, helpful treatment tips are always available, even without an Internet connection.
• Conditions – Find medically reviewed information about Conditions relevant to you and learn more about causes, treatments, and related symptoms.
• Drugs & Treatments – Search our extensive database for information on Drugs, Supplements, and Vitamins. Access content such as Uses, Side Effects, Warnings, and more.
• Pill Identification Tool – Identify your prescription drugs and over the counter medicines by pill shape, color, & imprint.
• Local Health Listings – Find the closest physician, hospital, & pharmacy based on your current location or search by city, state or zip.
• Create custom lists of Drugs, Conditions, and Articles
• Save custom lists securely
• Review your saved information anytime and anywhere
• Maps - View local health listings & individual Physician, Hospital, & Pharmacy locations in a map view.
• Email Friends - Send your friends medically reviewed content covering First Aid, Conditions, & Drugs.
• Content Updates – Timely content is updated automatically.
WebMD Health Corp. (Nasdaq: WBMD) is the leading provider of health information services, serving consumers, physicians, healthcare professionals, employers, and health plans through our public and private online portals, mobile platforms and health-focused publications. More than 95 million unique visitors access the WebMD Health Network each month.
The WebMD Health Network includes WebMD Health, Medscape, MedicineNet, emedicineHealth, RxList, theheart.org, drugs.com and Medscape Education.
SOURCE WebMD Health Corp.
WebMD. Better Information. Better Health.
WebMD does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on the WebMD mobile application.
What's New in Version 3.4
Stability and performance improvements
Use the webmd website instead
Using an iPad? Forget this app and just use safari to view the WebMD website instead. The content is great, but the user experience is bad with the app, and much better with the http website.
If you search for a condition, this app just adds a layer of hassle followed by giving you a bad browser to view the website page. It is bad because you cannot view the full width of the page. Instead you must constantly wipe the page left and right to view each line of text.
I have had this app on my original IPad for over a year now and it works perfectly! I love it and have no issues with it whatsoever.
Total waste of space on iPad! This app does not work. I get emails that will immediately take me to site, which asks if I want to go to app instead. I choose yes, then no where does it show article I was on or how to get there. Will be deleting the app!!!!!