WebMD – Trusted Health and Wellness Information
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
WebMD for iPhone offers physician-reviewed health content and interactive tools in addition to on-demand healthy living information. The innovative design marries content and utility informed by more than five years of user insights and feedback.
WebMD for iPhone also features Healthy Target, an innovative health improvement program that will help you create and sustain healthy habits. By connecting an activity tracker, wireless scale, blood pressure monitor, or glucometer you'll be able to view all of your data in one location and receive WebMD contextual content and insights. Additionally, Healthy Target allows you to use HealthKit to sync with the Apple Health app.
Get access to your favorite WebMD health tools like Symptom Checker and local health listings, in addition to the most up-to-date information about medicine and first aid essentials. All in one elegant app. From the most trusted brand in health information.
• WebMD Symptom Checker – Select the part of the body that is troubling you, choose your symptoms, and learn about potential conditions or issues.
• Medication Reminders – View daily medication schedules and instructions, pill images with dosage and timing information, and receive reminders for when it’s time to take a given medication.
• Healthy Target – Create and sustain healthy habits by tracking your progress daily, connecting wearable devices, and getting actionable insights at the end of each week.
• Healthy Living – Choose the healthy living interests that matter most to you to customize a daily lifestyle magazine of tips, fun facts, articles, quizzes, and slideshows.
• Conditions – Find medically reviewed information about conditions relevant to you and learn more about causes, treatments, and related symptoms.
• Medicine – Search our extensive database for information on drugs, supplements, and vitamins. Read about uses, side effects, and warnings, and access our Pill ID tool.
• First Aid Essentials – Your handy guide for medical emergencies. From insect stings to broken bones, helpful treatment tips are always available, even without an Internet connection.
• Local Health Listings – Find the closest physician, hospital, and pharmacy based on your current location or search by city, state or zip.
• Create and save your conditions, medicine, first aid information, doctors, hospitals, pharmacies, and healthy living articles for secure, easy access and reference.
WebMD is the leading provider of health information services, serving consumers, physicians, other healthcare professionals, employers and health plans. The online healthcare information, decision-support applications and communications services that we provide:
- Help consumers take an active role in managing their health by providing objective healthcare information and lifestyle information.
- Make it easier for physicians and healthcare professionals to access clinical reference sources, stay abreast of the latest clinical information, learn about new treatment options, earn continuing medical education credits and communicate with peers.
- Enable employers and health plans to provide their employees and plan members with access to personalized health and benefit information and decision support technology that helps them make informed benefit, provider and treatment choices.
The WebMD Health Network includes WebMD Health, Medscape, MedicineNet, emedicineHealth, RxList, theheart.org, drugs.com and Medscape Education.
SOURCE WebMD Health Corp.
WebMD. Better Information. Better Health.
WebMD does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on the WebMD mobile application.
What's New in Version 5.9.3
- Performance enhancements & bug fixes
This app is priceless and accurate.
I trust this app and its advise as far as accuracy and actions to take based on symptom checker. By far best app I've ever downloaded and it's free. This app is priceless and I will gladly buy the upgraded version if they make one.
I downloaded this app when my daughter was sick, like any parent I was doing everything I could to keep her comfortable and her fever down.
One night she coughed up blood. I freaked and rushed her to the ER while waiting I entered her symptoms and it was dead on with the docs diagnosis. Not only did this app educate me but it told me what questions to ask the doctor and gave home remedies and things I could do to improve my daughters comfort and faster healing. It's nice to use and trust the info provided to make educated decisions when it comes to actions I need to take based on different situations with my family and myself. Also you can browse and read about a ton of different illnesses from a-z just to get educated and expand your knowledge about what your loved ones are going through. From drug addiction, depression, diseases, and everything in between.
Priceless app thanks for creating it I recommend to everyone that has devise to download apps!
Technologically Deficient/Poor Support
I am very disappointed in the lack of device updates that would work with this app to track ones health. It has been my go-to app for tracking exercise, sleep, etc. but I recently purchased a Fitbit Charge HR (a very popular and mainstream device) with anticipation that it would work well with WebMD, only to find it will not sync my steps, a major part of my health focus. The only Fitbit device listed is the Flex so I had to choose that and it syncs sleep and at one point was syncing steps but then mysteriously stopped syncing the steps and only captures sleep now. I have made no less than three support requests about this issue and have been completely ignored. Support is my #1 feature in an app and the developers ability to respond and keep up with technology and WebMD epically fails here. So instead of a 4 or 5 star I can only give a 1 until they get their act together.
This app is incredible it reminds you to take your meds and when to refill them that's a blessing especially for someone with memory problems! And it has a medicine recognizer wow! Remember the books that were pricey for this info!
Also it has the latest health issues and almost a medical encyclopedia as well as symptom checker,videos and you can always ask questions and get answers!
Thanks to all who help get n keep this app up n going it's an incredible help for me n my family!! Get this app you won't believe how helpful and you'll wonder how you ever got along without it!!!
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: Jan 19, 2016
- Version: 5.9.3
- Size: 39.7 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Basque, Czech, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Vietnamese
- Seller: WebMD Health Corporation
- © 2015 WebMD, LLC.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.