Our free app offers physician-reviewed healthy living information and interactive tools such as our Symptom Checker, a local physician and health directory, pill identifier, and medication reminders. Check your symptoms, access drug and treatment information, get updates on top stories in key health topics, and live your healthiest life with the most trusted brand in health information. Save what you search and what you learn for quick access to the health tips most relevant to you.
• Symptom Checker – Choose your symptoms and learn about potential conditions or issues.
• Medication Reminders – View daily medication schedules and instructions, pill images with dosage and timing information, and receive reminders for when it’s time to take a given medication.
**Also available on Apple Watch
• Local Physician and Health Directory – Find the closest physician, hospital, and pharmacy based on your current location or search by city, state or zip.
• Pill Identifier – Identify medications by size, shape and color, and read about uses, side effects, and warnings.
• Conditions – Find medically reviewed information about conditions relevant to you and learn more about causes, treatments, and related symptoms.
• News and Lifestyle Section – Stay current on the top stories you care about most with topical articles, slideshows, and videos focused on key health topics.
• Customization and Saving Functionality – Save your conditions, drugs, doctors, hospitals, pharmacies, and healthy living articles for secure, easy access and reference.
• Drug Interaction Checker – Find and identify potentially harmful and unsafe combinations of prescription medications by entering two or more drugs in question.
Note: With this update, the Healthy Target and Healthy Living sections will no longer be available. Any data captured for the Healthy Target program will still be available in the iOS Health app on your phone or any third party apps/services you linked to the program.
Download the app and start living your healthiest life today.
WebMD is the leading provider of health information services, serving consumers, physicians, other healthcare professionals, employers and health plans. The online healthcare information, decision-support applications and communications services that we provide:
- Help consumers take an active role in managing their health by providing objective healthcare information and lifestyle information.
- Make it easier for physicians and healthcare professionals to access clinical reference sources, stay abreast of the latest clinical information, learn about new treatment options, earn continuing medical education credits and communicate with peers.
- Enable employers and health plans to provide their employees and plan members with access to personalized health and benefit information and decision support technology that helps them make informed benefit, provider and treatment choices.
The WebMD Health Network includes WebMD Health, Medscape, MedicineNet, emedicineHealth, RxList, theheart.org, drugs.com and Medscape Education.
SOURCE WebMD Health Corp.
WebMD. Better Information. Better Health.
WebMD does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on the WebMD mobile application.
Bug fixes and performance improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Is it a cold? Or is it the flu? We love WebMD’s easy-to-use symptom checker, which help us learn about symptoms and conditions, and find local doctors and pharmacies. And once you go to the doctor, you can track medications, find additional information about prescriptions, and stay current on the latest health news—all in one place!
Thanks to a recent update, this app is much more accessible for those of us who use VoiceOver. Now that I can use it, I find it terrific!!As an update to this review done months later, I find one issue. If I do a search in Conditions, I have to completely close and reopen the app, as no Back button appears. Otherwise, it is terrific!
Yet another update to my initial review. I still have to close the app to get out of a major category, such as Conditions or Search. Now, in addition, if I am in Conditions, the A-Z list will not come up at all, even though it says it’s displaying. This means I can only access the Popular Searches. I’m out of luck if I need to look up something rare. I hope these will be fixed soon.
Further update: Despite more updates to the app, all of the annoying bugs already mentioned are still there. I still have to close the app in order to go to another section (e.g., from Conditions to Drugs). I still can’t bring up the A-Z list of Conditions, or the A-Z list of Drugs; it’s only the Most Popular for both. No scrolling to a rare condition, or to a drug that isn’t on the top 94. May not be deliberate discrimination, but is frustrating nonetheless. Please fix!
medical terms/medications missing
During 'intake' where you are laying out your symptoms WebMD also (wisely) asks for background info. Two items requested are medications taken and medical conditions known. These entries are a joke because so many legitimate answers are not available to choose from. These are very ubiquitous medications (such as Synthroid generally for hypo-thyroidism) and well-known conditions (e.g. Multiple Sclerosis - not under MS either). Only 3/13 of my medications are on the list to choose from even though only one is too new to be in the most current edition of the PDR (Physicians' Desk Reference; a list of drugs and info about them); all WebMD has to do is purchase rights to use the PDF as the source of their drug list. As for medical conditions if you simply offer a write-in option then assign someone to edit them all adding the legitimate ones to the official list you would solve that problem too.
As it stands this app is useless.
- WebMD Health Corporation
- 96.6 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Frequent/Intense Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2018 WebMD, LLC.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.