WebMO: Molecule Editor, Viewer, and Computational Chemistry Interface
By WebMO, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
WebMO allows users to build and view molecules in 3-D, visualize orbitals and symmetry elements, lookup chemical information and properties from external databases, and access state-of-the-art computational chemistry programs.
WebMO is recommended for students and faculty in high school, college, and graduate school who desire mobile access to molecular structures, information, and calculations.
WebMO capabilities include:
- Build molecules by drawing atoms and bonds in a 3-D molecular editor, or by speaking the name (e.g., “aspirin”)
- Optimize structures using VSEPR theory or molecular mechanics
- View Huckel molecular orbitals, electron density, and electrostatic potential
- View point group and symmetry elements of molecules
- Lookup basic molecular information, including IUPAC and common names, stoichiometry, molar mass
- Lookup chemical data from PubChem and ChemSpider
- Lookup experimental and predicted molecular properties from external databases (NIST, Sigma-Aldrich)
- Lookup IR, UV-VIS, NMR, and mass spectra from external databases (NIST, SDBS)
- Capture high-resolution molecular images
- Save and recall molecular structures locally
- Export and import structures via email
WebMO is also a front-end to WebMO servers (version 14 and higher):
- Supports Gaussian, GAMESS, Molpro, MOPAC, NWChem, ORCA, PQS, PSI, Quantum Espresso, VASP, Q-Chem, and Tinker computational chemistry programs
- Submit, monitor, and view calculations
- View formatted tabular data extracted from output files, as well as raw output
- Visualize geometry, partial charges, dipole moment, normal vibrational modes, molecular orbitals, and NMR/IR/UV-VIS spectra
What's New in Version 1.6.2
* WebMO 17 compatibility
* Bugfixes to molecular mechanics cleanup
* Improved rendering of atom labels
* Resolved issues when connecting to WebMO via Safari hotlink
Molecular models are beautiful and easy to create with this app. The models are surprisingly quickly generated on the mobile device or retrieved from the remote server. I teach chemistry at the college level, and will definitely use this in my classroom.
I've already spent wasted time on trying to look up simple structures for an exam. I should have studied! This app won't help you. Don't waste your money.
- Category: Education
- Updated: Aug 05, 2016
- Version: 1.6.2
- Size: 19.5 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Seller: WebMO, LLC
- © 2016 WebMO, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- WebMO Premium$4.99
- WebMO Premium for paid usersFree