Contact me if you would like to be a beta tester ;)
Best iOS SSH and SFTP Client for you!
WebSSH summary : Amazing, Everywhere & Safe
Supported protocols : SSH, SFTP
Supported channel types : Session Shell, Session SFTP, Local Forward
Supported iOS versions : 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
If you want to try WebSSH without buying it now, you can download WebSSH Essential on the App Store.
- SSH Functionalities
▪ Port Forwarding (Local)
▪ Launch a command at connection startup
▪ Connect using : password, challenge (two factor authentication), RSA / DSA / PuTTY Private Key
▪ Emulation : XTERM-COLOR256 / XTERM / VT100
▪ Profil management : background / foreground colors, font size, backspace sequence
▪ Keyboard : Virtual or Bluetooth
▪ Bel : Vibration (sound for iPad)
- SFTP Functionalities
▪ Create / Rename / Delete files and directories
▪ Edit text files
▪ MD5 files
- Multiple Screens
▪ You can open multiple screens in order to do all you want : SSH / SFTP / WHOIS / PING and more at the same time !
- Network Tools
▪ What's My IP?
▪ Edit /etc/hosts (only inside WebSSH app of course :)
- Keyboard Keys
▪ Special keys Esc, Tab, Ctrl, /, :, -, !, |, $, *
▪ Virtual arrows keys over the terminal in order to move inside programs even without keyboard displayed
- Access Protection
▪ Protect WebSSH with Touch ID
▪ Protect WebSSH with a PIN code
▪ Simplified Chinese
▪ Portuguese Brazilian
Do you want a new feature not available into WebSSH? Contact us!
Do you want to translate WebSSH in your favorite language ? Contact us!
- Added : Ability to add ctrl-key inside macros
- Fixed : Crashes for some users on connection's list
Ratings and Reviews
Good App, Needs Work
I have tried using a few ssh clients for IOS and this one, so far, is the best I've found. It needs work however.
1) if I run a while true loop in the foregrounded term, the session remains usable; put the same into the background and with ~60 seconds a notification is popped about terminating. The issue I have with this is that no background ssh session should EVER terminate with an active process running in it.
2) the screen freezes - this drives me NUTS! There is no evident reason for this as it happens in an unpredictable manner. e.g. Sometimes I can flip to Safari to read something online for 2 minutes, return to WebSSH and I'm good to go, while other times I can flip to Safari for 10 seconds, return to the term and keyboard input is blocked. Sometimes I can hit Ctrl-C to clear the condition and, most often, there is nothing to do but shutdown the session.
3) This app corrupts the active session *frequently* and leaves behind it an open tty on the remote server.
If I knew of anything better I'd dump Pro in a second - unfortunately it seems this is the most advanced ssh client on the App Store at this time. Meh.
We would like to improve your feeling about WebSSH ;)
If you want to, please become an active beta tester : https://www.webssh.net/contactus.html
Have a nice day!
Great SSH client
Especially in combination with the larger size screens available on the Plus models, this app makes SSH from the iPhone a pleasant reality. Highly recommended for those times you need to quickly login from the bar and don’t feel like pulling out the laptop and balancing it while worrying about spilling a drink on the keyboard.
Thank you a lot meangrape 🍻
If you have any suggestion please contact me via https://www.webssh.net/contactus.html
Have a nice day ☀️
Works in the few cases when I need it
I don’t use it often on my iPhone but when I am in the need for ssh access to my server, this app does its job well. Over the years, it has seen some useful refinements but I use the app too rarely to be a good judge, in particular compared to other apps.
Thanks a lot for your review 🏆
If you want to become a beta tester you can contact me via : https://www.webssh.net/contactus.html
Have a nice day!
- Arnaud MENGUS
- 44 MB
- Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Danish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2017 WebSSH.Net
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.