Webster's New World® Roget's A-Z Thesaurus opens up the world of words and leads you to a more precise and effective communication. More than 300,000 synonyms and antonyms are arranged in alphabetical order, making pairs easy to find. All of these include the broadest, most useful word comparisons and the greatest number of examples of any thesaurus. Lastly, the grammatical and usage information, as well as a greater variety of related terms make this an especially complete linguistic source.
LATEST APP UPDАТES:
• Learn in style with any of the four colorful new themes – The colorful layout will turn your learning experience into an enjoyable routine. Customize your dictionary and benefit from the cheerful mood your favorite color brings you.
• Dive right into the intricacies of the language - With new and convenient Home page, sleeker and more intuitive visual layout, as well as innovations in the speed of searches, you can get to the desired entry faster than ever.
SEARCH TOOLS - quickly find words with the clear, functional, and easy-to-use interface.
Designed to provide the most comprehensive search experience, the dictionary combines several search tools to match or predict what are you looking for, including:
• Search autocomplete helps you find words quickly by displaying predictions as you type.
• Keyword lookup allows you to search within compound words and phrases.
• Camera search looks up words in the camera viewfinder and displays results in seconds.
• Voice search helps you find an entry when you don’t know how a word is spelled.
Looking for a specific word but don't know how it's spelled? We've got you covered with our automatic ‘Fuzzy filter’ to correct word spelling, as well as ‘Wild card’ ('*' or '?') to replace a letter or entire parts of a word.
LEARNING TOOLS - engaging features that help you further enhance your vocabulary. Designed to give you freedom to structure your studies, the dictionary combines several learning tools to help you be more organized, including:
• ‘Favorites’ that allow you to create custom folders with lists of words.
• Recent list which helps you to easily review looked-up words.
• Swipe-to-delete functionality in the Recent and Favorites menus.
• Word-of-the-day option to teach you a new word every day.
Feel excited by the new word or definition you just learned? Share your discovery with friends on social media, email or any other option available on your device.
• Four new colorful themes.
• Delete and sort entries with Favorites/Recent list.
• General bug fixes and improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Good resource - wish I did not have to clear search window each time.
Every time I touch the magnifying glass to search I have to first delete the last item I searched for. This is very annoying when searching a variety of terms in a short period of time. If you could clear the search window or make it a configurable behavior for each search that would be great.
the American beautiful Face
Webster granted a very powerful tool to humanity. Like the innovation of the iPhone, the tradition of the dictionary gives universal wisdom to intelligent beings; the English language. The app is very basic and gives simple utilitarianism. Its ease grants ability and takes brilliant users.
Solid app but could be better
This app basically does what it should. I’m disappointed with the word of the day. I can only recall one word that I was unfamiliar with in many months. The words they use are often 4th or 5th-grade level, so that feature is worthless to me.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.