Weird But True
By National Geographic Society
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
* Winner of Spring 2012 Parents’ Choice Funstuff Award * New York Times App to Keep Kids Happy * Chosen as App of the Week, New & Noteworthy, What’s Hot, and Staff Favorite by Apple *
We're listening! Keep the feedback coming to email@example.com!
The best-selling Weird But True app is better than ever with more facts, more sounds, more surprises, and more fun! With a fresh new look and exciting new content, Weird But True has even more mind-benders than ever before—more than 900 kid-friendly facts!
Did you know a hippo's lips are about two feet wide? Or that didaskaleinophobia is the fear of going to school? Or that before toothpaste was invented some people cleaned their teeth with charcoal? Filled with wacky facts and tantalizing trivia that will engage curious kids and parents alike, Weird But True presents each of the 625 facts in a fun, colorful, and interactive format that will keep kids entertained—and learning—for hours! And parents can rest easy knowing that each fact is age-appropriate and handpicked by a brand they know and trust: National Geographic Kids.
- Download all 7 Fact Packs for hours of fun and entertainment.
- Swipe to move from fact to fact or shake the device to see a random fact.
- Use the Weird-O-Meter to rate the level of “weirdness” for each fact and monitor results from all users on the Weirdest Facts list!
- Bookmark your favorites or share the grossest facts with your friends via email, Facebook, and Twitter.
- Use the Fact Finder to locate facts about your favorite subjects—animals, weather, space, science, and more!
- Loaded with sound effects and awesome surprises, Weird But True is fun for kids of all ages!
Based on the phenomenally popular department in National Geographic Kids magazine and best-selling book franchise, Weird But True is available for iPod touch, iPhone, and iPad as a single purchase.
What's New in Version 2.2.2
-Removal of Nintendo Fossil Fighters™: Frontier sponsorship material
You only get a few facts to start with. Want more? U HAVE TO PAY!! When I clicked on the mega pack to see if it would be worth it, the app gave me some sort of "grown up test". The question was outrageous: 7•2= ? A little kid could solve that easily! It was supposed to make sure that u were at least 13 yrs old. I am exactly that age, and also kinda offended that they would use that as the question! So people, don't waste ur time. There are so many better apps than this one.
Don't like it.
So, I ordered my kids the national geographic kids magazine, and they really liked it. And, when I was reading to them the weird but true facts, they said I want the app for I can read facts in the car! So I downloaded the app and my kids were very upset that there were only 15 facts, and I didn't want to spend the money.
This is the worst thing I ever played wish I could give it 0 stars only like 15 facts and have to pay for the rest just search weird but true on Google or get the book!😒
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Books
- Updated: Jun 17, 2015
- Version: 2.2.2
- Size: 62.5 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: National Geographic Society
- © National Geographic Society
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Mega Pack$1.99
- Fact Pack 1$0.99
- Fact Pack 3$0.99
- Fact Pack 2$0.99
- Fact Pack 6$0.99
- Fact Pack 4$0.99
- Fact Pack 5$0.99