Weird But True
By National Geographic Society
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
* Winner of Spring 2012 Parents’ Choice Funstuff Award * New York Times App to Keep Kids Happy * Chosen as App of the Week, New & Noteworthy, What’s Hot, and Staff Favorite by Apple *
We're listening! Thanks to your feedback, we have fixed the bug with purchasing the Fact Packs that resulted in a black screen. Thanks for your patience and please try again. Keep the feedback coming to email@example.com!
The best-selling Weird But True app is better than ever with more facts, more sounds, more surprises, and more fun! With a fresh new look and exciting new content, Weird But True has even more mind-benders than ever before—more than 900 kid-friendly facts!
Did you know a hippo's lips are about two feet wide? Or that didaskaleinophobia is the fear of going to school? Or that before toothpaste was invented some people cleaned their teeth with charcoal? Filled with wacky facts and tantalizing trivia that will engage curious kids and parents alike, Weird But True presents each of the 625 facts in a fun, colorful, and interactive format that will keep kids entertained—and learning—for hours! And parents can rest easy knowing that each fact is age-appropriate and handpicked by a brand they know and trust: National Geographic Kids.
- Download all 7 Fact Packs for hours of fun and entertainment.
- Swipe to move from fact to fact or shake the device to see a random fact.
- Use the Weird-O-Meter to rate the level of “weirdness” for each fact and monitor results from all users on the Weirdest Facts list!
- Bookmark your favorites or share the grossest facts with your friends via email, Facebook, and Twitter.
- Use the Fact Finder to locate facts about your favorite subjects—animals, weather, space, science, and more!
- Loaded with sound effects and awesome surprises, Weird But True is fun for kids of all ages!
Based on the phenomenally popular department in National Geographic Kids magazine and best-selling book franchise, Weird But True is available for iPod touch, iPhone, and iPad as a single purchase.
What's New in Version 2.2.1
- Minor editorial updates, plus:
- Nintendo Fossil Fighters™: Frontier sponsorship
- Sponsored Nintendo Fossil Fighters™: Frontier dinosaur-themed free fact pack
- Fix for black screen during purchasing of fact packs
You guys stop complaining!!!
Stop talking smack about this app, I think it's great! Especially for little kids, it keeps my cousin entertained for hours, she loves the little sound effects! Get this app for little ones, although I don't believe in evolution, I believe in God with a capital G, and I have to explain to her that it's not real, she looks up to National Geographic and was shocked to hear me say something of theirs wasn't true. Besides that it's practically perfect
I don't care for this app
I actually have to pay 2 bucks to unlock the other facts! Stupid it's practically only about Dinosaurs, what about the GIRLS!!! Make on free section for boys and one for girls at least I deleted the app and hid it in my purchases and never using it again. Parents please,this is just a warning DI NOT EVEN THINK ABOUT GETTING THIS APP!😡😡😡
You can only get the free pack unless you want to spend like $4 on the "premium" pack and the free pack is only about dins sours which is sorta boring if your a girl like me!!
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Books
- Updated: Apr 09, 2015
- Version: 2.2.1
- Size: 92.3 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: National Geographic Society
- © National Geographic Society
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Mega Pack$1.99
- Fact Pack 1$0.99
- Fact Pack 3$0.99
- Fact Pack 2$0.99
- Fact Pack 6$0.99
- Fact Pack 4$0.99
- Fact Pack 5$0.99