Weird But True
By National Geographic Society
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
* Winner of Spring 2012 Parents’ Choice Funstuff Award * New York Times App to Keep Kids Happy * Chosen as App of the Week, New & Noteworthy, What’s Hot, and Staff Favorite by Apple *
We're listening! Keep the feedback coming to email@example.com!
The best-selling Weird But True app is better than ever with more facts, more sounds, more surprises, and more fun! With a fresh new look and exciting new content, Weird But True has even more mind-benders than ever before—more than 900 kid-friendly facts!
Did you know a hippo's lips are about two feet wide? Or that didaskaleinophobia is the fear of going to school? Or that before toothpaste was invented some people cleaned their teeth with charcoal? Filled with wacky facts and tantalizing trivia that will engage curious kids and parents alike, Weird But True presents each of the 625 facts in a fun, colorful, and interactive format that will keep kids entertained—and learning—for hours! And parents can rest easy knowing that each fact is age-appropriate and handpicked by a brand they know and trust: National Geographic Kids.
- Download all 7 Fact Packs for hours of fun and entertainment.
- Swipe to move from fact to fact or shake the device to see a random fact.
- Use the Weird-O-Meter to rate the level of “weirdness” for each fact and monitor results from all users on the Weirdest Facts list!
- Bookmark your favorites or share the grossest facts with your friends via email, Facebook, and Twitter.
- Use the Fact Finder to locate facts about your favorite subjects—animals, weather, space, science, and more!
- Loaded with sound effects and awesome surprises, Weird But True is fun for kids of all ages!
Based on the phenomenally popular department in National Geographic Kids magazine and best-selling book franchise, Weird But True is available for iPod touch, iPhone, and iPad as a single purchase.
What's New in Version 2.2.2
-Removal of Nintendo Fossil Fighters™: Frontier sponsorship material
Very Fun App!
We purchased the Mega Pack for a mere $1.99 and it's a lot of fun! (Seriously, most apps have more content for extra money and why not? Human beings actually work to put these together.) In any case, we're just a mom and daughter (8 years old) that really enjoys this app. She loves to rate the various facts with the meter that makes funny noises.
Not worth it...
Personally, I love the weird but true book series since every fact is so quirky and random and when I saw this app I was amazed... weird but true on my phone? Yes! But to my disappointment you only get 25 facts in the free pack and the other packs cost cash. Now I'm not a big fan of in-app purchases but a dollar for a quarter hundred facts isn't worth the time or money. I give this a 2 star rating for being disappointing and not to mention a waste.
First this "app" only gives less then 10 facts to start with! Then you have to pay. Seriously! 😒Why can't there just be a game with no in app purchases, where you can learn! This was so disappointing because the "facts" you have free are not even weird! I recommend you get Epic reading because that is way better then "Weird" but True. Thanks for reading 📖 bye 👋👋!
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Books
- Updated: Jun 17, 2015
- Version: 2.2.2
- Size: 65.9 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: National Geographic Society
- © National Geographic Partners
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Mega Pack$1.99
- Fact Pack 1$0.99
- Fact Pack 3$0.99
- Fact Pack 2$0.99
- Fact Pack 6$0.99
- Fact Pack 5$0.99
- Fact Pack 4$0.99