"an understated work of stupefying grace" - Globe and Mail
****************WINNER OF 2 WEBBY AWARDS****************
Imagine your hometown never changed. That no one ever grew old or moved on. Part book, part film, part family photo album, Welcome to Pine Point unearths a place frozen in time and discovers what happens when an entire community is erased from the map.
Designed exclusively for iPad. A unique interactive reading experience using photographs, interviews, video clips and soundtrack to create an immersive compelling nostalgic narrative.
Soundtrack written and performed by the Besnard Lakes.
The project was co-created by the Goggles (Michael Simons and Paul Shoebridge formerly from Adbusters) and the NFB Digital Studio Vancouver (Bear 71, Seven Digital Deadly Sins, Circa 1948, The Last Hunt).
Produced by The National Film Board of Canada.
The original interactive documentary for the web is available at http://pinepoint.nfb.ca/
Supported: iOS 7+, iPad 2+
- Spelling corrections
- Added link to e-book
- 64-bit iOS support
Ratings and Reviews
Story telling at its best
All multimodal web designers could learn a thing or two from this project.
- National Film Board / Office national du film
- 639.6 MB
- Requires iOS 5.1.1 or later. Compatible with iPad.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2014-2017 The National Film Board of Canada
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.