This app is an introduction to the Wemba Wemba language of north-western Victoria, Australia. The content in this App was developed by Grade 1 students from the Swan Hill Primary School Wemba Wemba class of 2014, in partnership with the Victorian Aboriginal Corporation for Languages and the Victorian Aboriginal Education Association Inc.
With the use of this App, our community is able to learn the language of this country and connect further with our culture to strengthen the revival of the Wemba Wemba language.
Aunty Stephanie Charles & Aunty Fay Stewart-Muir (Wemba Wemba Descendents)
This ‘touch and listen’ app includes:
- 229 professionally recorded audio entries for language learning
- 229 corresponding images and words
- A variety of categories including body parts, family & people, animals, counting, placenames, birds, objects and more
- Easy to use swipe and zoom interface
Miromaa Aboriginal Language and Technology Centre is a not-for-profit organization supporting language documentation and conservation programs nationally and internationally. Miromaa Aboriginal Language and Technology Centre are the developers of the internationally recognized and highly acclaimed Miromaa language technology program which is used for the documentation, conservation and dissemination of our traditional language.
Please contact the Miromaa Aboriginal Language and Technology Centre for more information on using this app template for your own mother tongue language in a learning application. The data within this app is derived from the Miromaa software program.
Updated information section.
- Victorian Aboriginal Corporation for Languages
- 164.6 MB
- Requires iOS 9.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2015 Arwarbukarl Cultural Resource Association Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.